FOOTBALL PLAYERS WHAT YOU RUN IN THE 40 YARD DASH?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by swizzc

Originally Posted by dreClark

at the stanford nike combine i ran a 4.58 laser timed in HS. this was good enough to get me 1-AA and d3 looks. might be because i was white and played DB, or it might be because I just wasn't fast enough to play d1 db.
What were your other measurements and how did you do in one on ones?
I dont 100% remember the other times but i know my vert was either 30 or 31 and my shuttle was in the high 4.2's. Bench i believe was 185 repped 11 times but it could have been 10 or 12 I honestly don't remember. 1 on 1's I did decently, but IMO it's a pretty unrealistic drill for safties. Very rarely did I man up on a WR in college (played d3 ball), we ran a ton of zone, and when we did play man we usually had the 2 safties over the top splitting the field unless we were sending crazy heat. Also I was only 190 in HS so I was relatively light for a d1 college saftey.
Had to be something. A lack of good game film or you did maybe a little less than decent in coverages because a 4.58 won't drop a dude from aD1 to D3 if the player manages do do all other things well.

Did you get moved from CB to S, or had you always been a S ?

4.51 @ university of miami ohio

4.58 @ penn state

had "game speed" tho
laugh.gif

always wished i coulda been a 4.3-4.4 guy... i woulda been the goods

at the stanford nike combine i ran a 4.58 laser timed in HS. this was good enough to get me 1-AA and d3 looks. might be because i was white and played DB, or it might be because I just wasn't fast enough to play d1 db.
I dont 100% remember the other times but i know my vert was either 30 or 31 and my shuttle was in the high 4.2's. Bench i believe was 185 repped 11 times but it could have been 10 or 12 I honestly don't remember. 1 on 1's I did decently, but IMO it's a pretty unrealistic drill for safties. Very rarely did I man up on a WR in college (played d3 ball), we ran a ton of zone, and when we did play man we usually had the 2 safties over the top splitting the field unless we were sending crazy heat. Also I was only 190 in HS so I was relatively light for a d1 college saftey.
Had to be something. A lack of good game film or you did maybe a little less than decent in coverages because a 4.58 won't drop a dude from a D1 to D3 if the player manages do do all other things well.

got moved from CB to S. i chose to play d3 tho, had a few d1-AA "offers" and preferred walk ons at some d1 schools (that's notsaying much). i just played d3 due to the quality of the education i got at the school i attended.

Had to be something. A lack of good game film or you did maybe a little less than decent in coverages because a 4.58 won't drop a dude from a D1 to D3 if the player manages do do all other things well.

got moved from CB to S. i chose to play d3 tho, had a few d1-AA "offers" and preferred walk ons at some d1 schools (that's not saying much). i just played d3 due to the quality of the education i got at the school i attended.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No shame in that.

I though you only had offers for D3's.

got moved from CB to S. i chose to play d3 tho, had a few d1-AA "offers" and preferred walk ons at some d1 schools (that's not saying much). i just played d3 due to the quality of the education i got at the school i attended.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No shame in that.

I though you only had offers for D3's.
yeah.. i mean i knew there was no chance in hell i was going pro so i figured i might as well go to the best school i could attend you know? mightas well get something out of the 4 year opportunity i was lucky to have and not just waste it away without graduating like so many do.

Back
Top Bottom