For those of us who ACTUALLY wear our sneakers...

This thread is for discussion of wearing your kicks.
Like for instance, do you have a steady rotation?

Do you wear certain kicks in certain weather (rain, snow, sunshine)?

Do you walk 'irregular' in your kicks to keep them from creasing, or do you own some sneaker shields?

Do you clean the bottom of your kicks or just the 'top'?

Other questions as the discussion continues.

Just as an aside, every time I wear my J's I make sure I match with my clothing.

It just kills me to see people who wear J's but don't match with them (I've noticed this a lot when I lived in NY).

30t6p3b.gif

i dont have a set rotation. i had a rotation to were all my ds shoes. that didnt last long. i use to try to walk funny to stop it from creasing till my wife pointed out how stupid i look. now i just dont care. i realized wearing the kicks a few times still looks fresh after a few wears.

I just wear them. I don't have a rotation I just pick a pair and match an outfit pending on the weather.

Just wear them out. if the weather is going to be bad like it is most of the time here in the chi, either wear timbs or i picked up a pair of all black flight 45 boots. when its nice i just try to match what ever i wear. I usually pick my kicks i feel like rockin first, then pick the clothes to match.

I really dont have any kind of rotation, I just wear what I feel that day. I clean my kicks tops and bottoms after each wear.

Originally Posted by HeirtotheJ23

Just wear them out. if the weather is going to be bad like it is most of the time here in the chi, either wear timbs or i picked up a pair of all black flight 45 boots. when its nice i just try to match what ever i wear. I usually pick my kicks i feel like rockin first, then pick the clothes to match.

This.
I am the same way bro.

glasses.gif

im in the chi also... i have a pair of blk/red 1's i keep in my trunk if the weather changes i can throw those on...otherwise im wearing whatever im feeling that day.......

Never understood cleaning kicks on the bottom after wear, lol. I take great care of all my kicks and the only ones that have a clean bottom are the ones that have been deadstocked. Once I pull a pair out, the bottoms don't matter.

As for rotation and wear, I have a pair of wht/wht Reebok Workouts I wear for dirty work, and Tims for rain. Shoes with the most wear get the first consideration based on color coordination and such.If I'm going out, I usually keep 3 or 4 pairs of deadstocked wht/wht Forces and AM90s for the non-club events where they have a half-chance of not getting demolished.

The hardest thing for me to do is wear a shoe the first time. Even after that first wear they probably won't get put into heavy rotation such as my CG IVs which have been worn once a year and a half or so after their release.

I wear all of my shoes, and the weird thing is I like my one's & three's to have a worn look ... call me crazy

I'm 30 years old. Full disclosure, I STILL clean the outsoles of my shoes. Not after every wear like I used to (the more you get, it becomes more of a chore
frown.gif
). I suggest cleaning the outsoles after every wear, strange as it may sound, it like upkeep of a car. My 2000 spacejams still cause people to look and ask what year they're from. I'm also ashamed to admit that I do match my kicks, but I'm not anal about it. No steady rotation anymore, I wear what I feel depending on my mood. I usually wear all my stuff in fair weather. Although I have a piece of advice, when you wear your kicks in the rain, it acually cleans them (unless you step in mud) it makes your job easier. I don't do a duckwalk (that's for the young'ns).

No set rotation. Where im going helps me determine which kicks to rock. Typically cleaning. Wash top to bottom day after wear if i go out at night and every couple weeks i'll clean the mesh on the concords

My everyday/all weather/beaters are a pair of CDP 3's. I'm actually getting pretty sick of looking at them lol.

I wear every single pair i have, eventually. I have about 200 pair, so it takes me a while to get through the lineup. I do clean the uppers after every wear if the shoe is something i don't wear often. And i do clean the bottoms if the outsole is icey. I just wipe it down with a moist paper towel, nothing special. Why? I dunno, i figure maybe it will keep it from yellowing as fast.

And i don't walk any differently to try to avoid creasing. Shoes crease, its inevitable! i do however keep an eye out for certain idiot friends of mine that walk TOO damn close to me and have a tendency to step on peoples feet.

years ago when the first retro of the OLY 7 came out, i literally JUST bought a pair, and wore them the next day. My idiot friend stepped on them so bad, it left a black mark so deep, and ugly, i couldnt get it out. So i had to go buy another pair LOL

I wear all my shoes when I can. I buy my shoes to wear, sometimes I just don't get a chance to rock them right away. No set rotation. I'm fortunate enough that I have a job that allows me to wear sneakers to work, so every pair gets rocked. Usually the comfy ones for work, like my air maxes. J's for going out

Since I don't have a lot to rotate, my everyday shoes are my free runs but if there's a special occasion, I'll pull out the boxes from the closet.None of my shoes are dead stock.

No real rotation for me, but there are pairs that I will be more likely to avoid if the weather is bad.
I teach, and we're allowed to wear jeans/sneakers on Friday, so I try and go through the entire rotation before repeating - it's become something the kids come in and look forward to. Finally got the Cement IVs in, so they'll make their debut this week.

Afterwards, they'll go back in the box. I'll wipe down anything that needs it, but I'm not overly thorough (definitely don't wash the bottoms).

EDIT - and yes, the OP, matching is a must.

Black cement 3's are now my beaters. Wore them to the NFC championship game and got rained on. I like wearing my Js to the gym. And whenever I drive i place a small clean rag on the floor mat so i don't get heel drag. Driving stick doesn't help out either.

The hardest thing for me to do is to wear a fresh pair of j's at the club or bar. I usually rock steel toe timbs (for some protection) or some workout/running shoes.
Some people are really rude and will step all over ya just to get by with out saying excuse me or sorry. If anyone was to step on my j's i would most likely throw down right there. I got a have a girlfriend that will soon be my wife, she knows i can look good when i need to.

anything made 2002 or after - i rarely take the weather into account, that is, i rock
rain, sleet or shine without caring

anything 2001 & before - i take the weather into account

is pretty much my only rule of thumb

I recently have changed my perspective and am wearing all my shoes to the ground eventually. Luckily I do have somewhat of a rotation so I don't ruin them too quickly. My go-to everyday "beaters" would include BC 3s, olympic 7s, black/red 6s, CDP 4s, and military 4s. As for my other favorites like space jams or concords, I wear them maybe once a month in good weather. The only shoe in my collection that is DS is an extra pair of 2011 concords that I got. I might sell them at some point. Everything else I have worn.

^ Good input guys.

3 more questions:

Do you have a sneaker in your collection that you probably won't wear anytime soon (not because if its OG)? for example considered your "grails"

Also do you have more "white" based sneakers in your collection or "dark/black" based. Why or why not?

Examples of what I mean by the above question:
Also what is your favorite sneaker if you have one.

White based

Air-Jordan-Retro-III-3-White-Cement-One-Last-Look-1.jpg

Black Based (my favorite 3's of last year)

air-jordan-3-flip-black-1.jpg

I don't have a rotation when it comes to my kicks. Nor do I try to match color for color. I hate the way it looks when your hat, shirt, jacket, jeans, and shoes match. It looks like some cats are wearing uniforms. I throw on a t-shirt then some jeans and I stare at the shoe wall and decide what shoes I'm going to wear today. The shoes that I haven't worn in awhile are usually the ones that I wear. I hate wearing the same shoes in the same week.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

^ Good input guys.

3 more questions:

Do you have a sneaker in your collection that you probably won't wear anytime soon (not because if its OG)? for example considered your "grails"

Also do you have more "white" based sneakers in your collection or "dark/black" based. Why or why not?

Examples of what I mean by the above question:
Also what is your favorite sneaker if you have one.

White based

Air-Jordan-Retro-III-3-White-Cement-One-Last-Look-1.jpg

Black Based (my favorite 3's of last year)

air-jordan-3-flip-black-1.jpg
Green bean Vs will probably never be worn because I have seen the aftermath of the 3M upper creasing when people were wearing their's on release weekend.
I think I have more white based shoes with blue colorblocking because I like fresh white on feet and wear a lot of blue. I am partial to mostly black kicks and try to wear them more often because they show no dirt or wear for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom