Forcefields on Jordans

Status
Not open for further replies.
force fields help somewhat  but i just usually try not to wear the shoes out. If you really like the shoes and dont want them to crease i suggest you only wear them sparingly because they will eventually crease force field shoe tree stuffing or not! normally the creasing is due to how you walk and flat footedness etc in my opinion while forcefields etc do help to limit the look of a creased shoe the shoes still in fact crease... not sure if it slows the process but i have seen a shoe crease in a different spot other then the toe due to the presence of the forcefield as well.

Does anyone else go up half a size knowing you are gonna use sneakershields like the other guy higher up on this page? I've always just worn my regular shoe size but they are a bit snug with the trees in. I'm just nervous about going up half a size. I'm thinking there might be extra room if I do that, which will cause more creasing anyway.

Does anyone else go up half a size knowing you are gonna use sneakershields like the other guy higher up on this page? I've always just worn my regular shoe size but they are a bit snug with the trees in. I'm just nervous about going up half a size. I'm thinking there might be extra room if I do that, which will cause more creasing anyway.

I would really not recommend that for a couple of reasons:

1: Going up a half-size tends to increase the effects creasing because the toe-box will be longer, as you suggested, thus defeating the purpose of the shields in the first place

2: Having a snugger fit with shields is just part of the game, you cant really have it both ways as far as comfort vs. creasing

Unless its painful or causing you discomfort, I would just get used to the shields, the padded ones really aren't bad at all

Would never sacrifice my comfort. My shoes never crease that bad. Ive seen ppls white cement 4's crease after 1 wear..

I've worn mine 5-7 times and they can pass as DS
You must not lace them up or walking like a duck.

:rofl:

Might invest in these if I find them uncomfortable they're coming right out. Like this man ^ said sneakers are meant to be creased .. don't have any sneakers that creased on me severely anyways.

Nah....I'm thinking that it's a bad idea to go a half size up...which would defeat the purpose of the trees because of the extra room. It is a little uncomfortable but I've gotten used to it. I finally just cut out a little section for my pinky toe and it helped tremendously. I've worn my military blue's like 8 times and there is no creasing on the toe....just a bit of creasing further back where it isn't really noticeable at all. I highly recommend the sneakershields over the force fields. If you don't believe that...just watch some youtube videos. Search sneakershields vs forcefields. Or wearable shoe trees vs forcefields. Eye opening difference. None of my J's have creased toeboxes. I know it's excessive, but I like keeping crispy. 

Yall really wonder why quality and comfort is slipping ??

Air-Jordans are BASKETBALL shoes... originally designed with the specific intent to PLAY BASKETBALL IN THEM.

Modern Retros feel like cardboard and plastic because JB thinks people like dat feel :rofl:

All these devices people put in their shoes to keep them "fresh" just solidifys the idea that we care MUCH more about the fashion of a shoe than function. JB just milks this mentality with athletic shoes that dont even feel safe to hoop in.

I swear its not gonna be too long before JB starts putting warnings on their products that read "WARNING NOT FOR ATHLETIC USE - MADE FOR CASUAL WEAR ONLY" :smh:

You pretty much nailed it on the head. People complain about the toe-boxes creasing 24/7 so JB decided to give us plastic power blue IX's and the like. Do you all realize that high quality leather creases? These reinforced toe-boxes/side panel leathers is a gift from JB for everyone complaining about how the leather creases. Have you guys felt the leather on the 2000-2001 air jordan 3's? That stuff creases but the leather is on point. How about the Air Jordan 13 toe-boxes of old? You guys need to re-evaluate what you deem as good quality.

My only question is, are these uncomfortable to wear with the shoes also? I've never worn them inside of a shoe before.
As for me, I just put the shoe trees back in after I'm done wearing them. *Shrugs*
I bought some VNDS Cement IV's that came with sneaker shields. I've never used em before, but figured what the hell, lets see what these are like. Threw em in the shoes the first time I wore em. Went out the door to my car, and before I even made it to the car, they were bugging the hell outta me. Turned around and took em out and I haven't used them since. I have wide feet and for me, they weren't comfortable at all. If my shoes crease, they crease, at the end of the day they're just shoes, they're supposed to crease, comfort comes first for me :smokin

You pretty much nailed it on the head. People complain about the toe-boxes creasing 24/7 so JB decided to give us plastic power blue IX's and the like. Do you all realize that high quality leather creases? These reinforced toe-boxes/side panel leathers is a gift from JB for everyone complaining about how the leather creases. Have you guys felt the leather on the 2000-2001 air jordan 3's? That stuff creases but the leather is on point. How about the Air Jordan 13 toe-boxes of old? You guys need to re-evaluate what you deem as good quality.

I don't know why you guys are giving JB that much credit on the issue that JB's quality is bad because of all these "devices" , it's not the reason why quality is low. (Unless you're being sarcastic)

Even before the retro craze happened, retros still weren't as comfortable on the court as the new technology JB and Nike began to put out there. Hell the last comfortable retro to me was the 12's and 13's. I tore those apart on the basketball court. Anything before these signature were not structurally comfortable on the court, IMO. *Blisters*

I use sneaker shields on my '01 Black/Cement 3's, '01 True Blues, '03 White/Cement and all my '05 13's, for casual use of course.
The toe boxes seem to crease the most with these.
In fact, I didn't unDS until I had sneaker shields in my hands.

You can easily cut them for comfort.

People use the shoe trees at their own discretion, I don't see the problem with wanting to keep shoes looking as DS as possible, for as long as you can.

When it comes to the nubuck/suede Retros, sneaker shields are not that necessary for me.

Side note, the "Universal" sneaker shields are the most comfortable.

Last edited:
I use them in all my shoes except Foams, they work the best in 3's 4's and 5's for me. But they make my 4's and 10's uncomfortable and they do cause side crease's especially in the 10's.The pro is they remove visible creases because they fill in the toe area con is it literally leaves no wiggle room in the shoe. You really only get maybe 25-35 wears out of them and they do wear out (some what takes the shape of your foot) but I'm only on my second pair so there worth the 10 dollars. You don't need to take the sticky tape off because they stay in place, and I move them from shoe to shoe daily.

I would recommend the force fields, but only because I never tried any thing else.

Why do people care about the shoes? or sneakers? It's meant to be worn, that's the reason why the retro them every 4-5 years or even less.  Materials are not gonna get better, they will only get worst.  You might as well by a pair of skippy's that's cheaper and made with all most the same materials.  Just saying...

The price combined with the hassle of getting jordans now makes me appreciate them so I put wearable shoe trees in. all these people complaining the quality sucks are exaggerating, otherwise you wouldnt see nba and college players use them on court. Sure somethings are fragile but it is usually cosmetic. People just like to complain.

The price combined with the hassle of getting jordans now makes me appreciate them so I put wearable shoe trees in. all these people complaining the quality sucks are exaggerating, otherwise you wouldnt see nba and college players use them on court. Sure somethings are fragile but it is usually cosmetic. People just like to complain.

Lol What?!?!? .. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

I've honestly worn my 12's about 15 times and they still look brand new. Some pairs (my V's) don't fit well and are uncomfortable. However on most of the retro's they do feel very comfortable. I think they are worth wearing them in there to make my shoes look brand new. :smokin:smokin:smokin

When I had my 3's I had a Force Field in one, and not the other one.
I could automatically tell the difference in them.
I might just buy another pair for the 4's!

Got some aj1 shadows size 13, probably should be a 12.5. Threw in forcefields and it actually solved two problems: made it fit more comfortably in the toe box and limits the creasing. 

Last edited:
Holy grave dig bro. LOL. I still wear sneaker shields every time in all my retro J's.  Force fields suck. They break down, and don't work nearly as well, even when new. One pair of sneaker shields lasts forever.

I use the same pair of force fields in all my js. Just dont peel the tape, they work fine without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom