Former Villanova player, Will Sheridan, comes out of closet

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

but he's just joking around saying that Nova's big men a soft, which, aside from Cunningham and Yarou, I can somewhat agree with, being a Villanova fan.
I agreed with dude and the joke still managed to go over his head
laugh.gif

Nothing went over my head. In fact this is simply emphasizing the point.

The insinuation that gay players wouldn't be as tough as other players because they are gay. As if their sexual preference could possibly have any affect on how they play sports.

There's a negative stigma attached to it. No one would ever presume to know anything about a players ability if they were straight.

But because they're gay it's 'oh of course they're gay, look at the way they play'.

It's pathetic that it would make you uncomfortable to just have written the line in support of Sheridan without precursing it with 'oh of course a Villanova big man was gay'.

The fact that a joked even 'needed' to be made before supporting Sheridan is a sad commentary on the state of a society that many think lacks prejudice in modern times.
I see what you're trying to say but I think you're being a little too uptight about it. Didn't you say you don't know any gay people yourself? 
I can't speak for everyone else but the few gay people I know routinely make those type of jokes on their own and/or their close friends kid them about it. It was the same way back in HS where the school was very diverse and a lot of my friends were different races and we'd still make racial jokes with each other. It wasn't a big deal and nobody got offended because we were all comfortable enough with those differences that we could make light of them. I know not everybody takes that approach but I think most people who are secure with who they are and can have a sense of humor about themselves and joke about what makes them different are more well adjusted and tolerant. 

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

but he's just joking around saying that Nova's big men a soft, which, aside from Cunningham and Yarou, I can somewhat agree with, being a Villanova fan.
I agreed with dude and the joke still managed to go over his head
laugh.gif

Nothing went over my head. In fact this is simply emphasizing the point.

The insinuation that gay players wouldn't be as tough as other players because they are gay. As if their sexual preference could possibly have any affect on how they play sports.

There's a negative stigma attached to it. No one would ever presume to know anything about a players ability if they were straight.

But because they're gay it's 'oh of course they're gay, look at the way they play'.

It's pathetic that it would make you uncomfortable to just have written the line in support of Sheridan without precursing it with 'oh of course a Villanova big man was gay'.

The fact that a joked even 'needed' to be made before supporting Sheridan is a sad commentary on the state of a society that many think lacks prejudice in modern times.
I see what you're trying to say but I think you're being a little too uptight about it. Didn't you say you don't know any gay people yourself? 
I can't speak for everyone else but the few gay people I know routinely make those type of jokes on their own and/or their close friends kid them about it. It was the same way back in HS where the school was very diverse and a lot of my friends were different races and we'd still make racial jokes with each other. It wasn't a big deal and nobody got offended because we were all comfortable enough with those differences that we could make light of them. I know not everybody takes that approach but I think most people who are secure with who they are and can have a sense of humor about themselves and joke about what makes them different are more well adjusted and tolerant. 

can someone post that picture of the guy on the blazers slowly turning away from the camera then quickly turning his face back to the camera in a gay stare?? who is that

can someone post that picture of the guy on the blazers slowly turning away from the camera then quickly turning his face back to the camera in a gay stare?? who is that

Back
Top Bottom