Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
I hope they are hiding another surprise of a bigger bad. While it looks solid, I'm not super interested unless there's more there

Yo. The first trailer got a lot of love but I thought it was okay.

But this red band trailer was ill :wow: :pimp:

After watching the trailer, I still have no idea what Logan will be about.

Prof X only communicates with Logan in the trailer. He's in his mind or something like that?

Prof X only communicates with Logan in the trailer. He's in his mind or something like that?

I could see that

The scene in the hotel or room looks like the goons are holding him hostage

but who knows for real. Trailers lie.

It's happened before.

Overall though, it's amazing how Fox has just not given a **** about continuity with these films. :lol:

Kind of curious about the X-Men comic book in the movie. Does this mean they created comic books based off the X-Men in their world? Interesting. Guess this will be the closest we'll get to see Wolverine wearing the mask.

I was entertained by the trailer and looks like Fox has a good film on their hands...But like what many of you said, who knows how this movie will turn out. 

X-23 looks cool. Caught me by surprise that they showed her berserker rage already.

I hope they do explain what has happened leading up to current point in the movie. Why are they living this way? What happened to all the mutants and Xavier's school? How far in the future are we talking here?

I'll definitely go check this out in theater..Probably another morning matinee showing. 

I have high hopes for this movie...Don't let me down, Fox.
The scene in the hotel or room looks like the goons are holding him hostage

but who knows for real. Trailers lie.
This could be a scene where Prof. X is having a seizure and can't control his psychic abilities. A reviewer online saw the first 40 minutes and stated that Prof. X is on meds to prevent seizures and when they do occur, his powers go crazy.

James Mangold Explains Why LOGAN Takes Place In 2029

"It's year 2029 when the movie takes place," James Mangold told ComicBook.com. He added, "There's an epilogue scene in Days of Future Past which is 2024, or 2023, something like that. I just wanted to get far enough past. My goal was real simple: it was to pick a time where I had enough elbow room that I was clear of existing entanglements. Part of the way I think this films stop being fresh (these films being franchise comic book movies) is when you find yourself making essentially a television series with $200 million episodes where you're literally just picking up where the last one left off and you're making a mini-series. Then, it's impossible to do something fresh, meaning essentially you're just a director on the 14th episode of a television show picking up where the last one left off and people are going to be really startled by any discontinuity or changes."

Aside from freeing himself up from entanglements with Fox's confusing continuity, Mangold had one other goal in mind with the time skip. "The goal here was to somehow make a film that's different: to be a filmmaker myself and go, 'How would I bring myself to this? What would I do if I was starting from scratch? What would I explore? What have I seen not explored?' Not only in the X-Men universe but in comic book movies in general."

Aside from freeing himself up from entanglements with Fox's confusing continuity, Mangold had one other goal in mind with the time skip. "The goal here was to somehow make a film that's different: to be a filmmaker myself and go, 'How would I bring myself to this? What would I do if I was starting from scratch? What would I explore? What have I seen not explored?' Not only in the X-Men universe but in comic book movies in general."

That's literally what every Director says when they don't GAF about source material and just come out with a crappy film :lol:

Last edited:
I hope they are hiding another surprise of a bigger bad. While it looks solid, I'm not super interested unless there's more there
my thoughts exactly, I can only see wolverine and the girl stab and slice people carrying guns for only so long before I get bored.

probably wait for confirmation on another big bad, if there is one

kinda sounded like they were making a dig at the other x-men movies with the comics

"maybe a quarter of this happened, but not like this..."

Last edited:
That's literally what every Director says when they don't GAF about source material and just come out with a crappy film
laugh.gif
Right?

So he's saying in span of 5 years all the mutants in the world die off and the world is left to ruins? What in the what?

Yeah that was Hilarious when Prof X at the end. But I'll say this, as the biggest and most critical of Xmen movies cause honestly none of them was good with the exception of Deadpool. This actually looks legit.

LOGAN Director James Mangold Explains Why We WON'T See Mister Sinister In The Movie

Talking to CinemaBlend about why Sinister isn't in the movie, explained that he wanted to avoid, "the kind of operatic highly-costumed, stroboscopic villainy" that's usually part of comic book adaptations.

"[T]hat’s not in this movie. Everything is kind of as real as we can make it," he added in regards to Sinister. "The movie is trying to kind of take a step backward from that kind of spectacle, so that we get another kind of gain, you know. There’s that loss, but the gain is that the movie feels extremely real and is — as one person who saw the film said to me, ‘I feel like I could go down the street and run into that Wolverine.’ Meaning that this is in my world, not some shiny other world. This is actually taking place in my world."

Adding comics to the movieverse is such a random and weird easter egg.

That works in a Deadpool movie but just seems dumb in this X-Men universe they setup.

Is Wolverine going to comment on why the artist has him wearing a mask, blue and yellow tights?

I hope they don't think Wolverine can break the 4th wall just because Deadpool was successful.

X23 is cool being all feral and stuff but other than that i didn't really care for the trailer

Yo at the end of the day, we have to thank Ryan Reynolds, because of his success with an R rated DP, we get a mug more violent, bloody and dark Wolverine, the one we've always deserved, this looks awesome, finally seeing this savage man dropping F bombs and actual blood, is gonna make this the best Wolverine movie we've seen, wouldn't be surprise if it succeeds, we see Hugh continue, he's always done an amazing job.

Back
Top Bottom