Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
DEADPOOL 2 Is Officially The Highest Grossing X-MEN Movie Of All-Time Following China Release

Deadpool 2 was released last May but following the release of the PG-13 rated Once Upon A Deadpool and the Merc with the Mouth's Chinese debut, it managed to hit the $784 million mark at the worldwide box office. The first instalment earned $783 million but it's worth noting that the movie did that without being re-released or having a theatrical run in China.

even though there were some cameos and mentions in the deadpool movies from other xmens they were never really truly connected,

umm yeah they was....

a better way to say it is da events of Deadpool movies didn't directly effect X-men movie plots, although they ran parallel...like comic books

Lauren Shuler Donner On The Future Of The X-MEN In The MCU; The Status Of GAMBIT, WOLVERINE & More

Dark Phoenix & New Mutants Will Be The Last X-Men Movies Released By Fox
intro-1527015595.jpg

We already figured this to be the case, of course, but Shuler Donner has now 100% confirmed that after Dark Phoenix and The New Mutants, Disney will be in charge of the X-Men and Kevin Feige will have complete control of the franchise.

“Kevin (Feige) and I started the first movie, he worked for me, he has a great story sense when it comes to weaving each world together, I trust him and I trust where he will take it. I don’t know what Kevin is thinking, I think he’s still dealing with the wealth of characters and trying to make sense of it all."
A New Wolverine
geekenderwolverine.jpg

When asked about the status of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, Shuler Donner made it very clear that the actor has hung up the claws - but does suggest that the door will still be open for him to reprise the role in some capacity down the line.

For now, though, the producer believes that Feige and co. will soon begin the search for a younger actor to take up the mantle of the iconic Marvel mutant.

“Yes, because Hugh, just the physicality of it all, just to bulk up,” she said. “This man worked so hard to bulk up, would get up at four in the morning to bulk and eat protein meals every two hours because his natural state, they used to call him Worm when he was a kid. So his natural state is a very skinny guy. Once you reach a certain age, the body just won’t go anymore. I think he was wise to say, ‘I’m at that point. I can’t do it.’ Now, that doesn’t mean he can’t come back as older Wolverine. You never know. Future Wolverine, you never know.”
Gambit, Deadpool And X-Force
1521724715-deadpool1.jpg

And what of the X-Men spin-offs that are currently in various stages of development such as Gambit and X-Force? Basically, it's all in Disney's hands at the end of the day - but it doesn't sound like any decisions have been made just yet... at least as far as Shuler Donner is aware.

“That is up to Disney," she revealed. "That really is up to Disney. I hope [they will see the light of day], but that’s up to them.

The problem is you can’t have too many Marvel, X-Men superhero movies out there because we will cancel each other out. Each one has to be distinctive and yet you’ve got The Avengers to follow through. You’ve got so many distinctive story canons to follow through and yet we want new ones, but I don’t think you can have more than four. Four is a lot because people are going to get sick of them so we have to be careful. He has to be careful.”

It Sounds Like There Is A Chance New Mutants Won't Get A Theatrical Release
new-mutants-reshoots.jpg

When asked about the recent rumor that Josh Boone's New Mutants movie could wind up on a streaming service such as Hulu, Shuler Donner said she remains "hopeful" that the film will stick to its current scheduled release date of August 2nd, but didn't shoot down the possibility.

“They worked hard on it,” said Shuler Donner about the film’s production team, “I want to see it released (theatrically), I’d hate to see it thrown at Hulu.”

Sucks about New Mutants, but at least those camps acknowledge you can't have too many projects going.

Started re-watching Logan last night. Got to the part where Logan and crew just ditched the Ravagers.

Still entertaining and I may still be in the minority that Jackman did great as Old Man Logan.

I think most people think Old Man Logan was dope and Jackman gave his best performance as Wolverine in that film.

they are technically still in "development" even if one producer just calls an exec about it and mentions it :lol:

there was just some recent reports that tatum might go ahead and take helm of the gambit project and direct himself but in a couple of months none of it is likely going to matter

giphy.gif

the movie sets up logan not caring, professor x trying to get logan to care again, his "daughter" shows up and this situation arises where the last of the xmen have to be that thing and do the right thing

logan does the smart thing up to that point and tries to flee instead of standing and fighting, he's a guy who is tired of fighting and in spite of his/their best intentions and winning battles, ultimately they lost the war and lost big

then you have professor x dying on top of everything

as soon as they arrive at the mountain.. given the story told to that point, the ending is supposed to be logan's redemption for the crap story built when he sees actual children who need leadership (which was professor x's whole point to his school).. and that happens 1 of 2 ways, either he figures that they have to fight (and he leads them) or he tells them that they cant win and they have to run (and again he leads them).. but as the last xmen he has to realize that those kids need someone and he's all they got

not for dude to fall asleep and then have to rely upon the concoction created by 1 of the kids

i dont mind him dying, it's just how they got there

this scene hit the feels thou and was good:
VioletFatherlyAchillestang-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
I don't see your point, but, I guess I understand.

Kinda didn't like how Albert went out, though.

DEADPOOL Franchise Will Reportedly Remain R-Rated Under Disney But That Could Keep Him Out Of The MCU

Last night, Disney held its first-quarter earnings call and while we were hoping for some big news, that was sadly nowhere to be seen.

Disney CEO Bob Iger did, however, confirm that future Deadpool movies could keep the R-Rating they've had at Fox. The first two instalments made over $1.5 billion between them so you can see why Disney isn't necessarily going to rush into heading down the PG-13 route despite the popularity of Once Upon a Deadpool last year.

Iger cautioned that any future Deadpool movies would be required to be "carefully branding [R-rated films]…so we’re not in any way confusing the consumer." In other words, they may not boast the Disney or Marvel Studios logo, and that could keep the Merc with the Mouth out of the MCU.

See here’s the issue I have with the whole Deadpool stuff...

Either they bring him into the larger Marvel Universe and tone him wayyyyy down for the crossover movies, essentially changing his whole character for those particular films...

OR, they don’t bring him into the shared universe at all...Keep him in his own contained universe...

Not sure how I feel about either approach honestly...I’d like nothing more than to see Deadpool in a full on X-Men film...At the same time I don’t want to see a movie with a neutered Deadpool character...

Back
Top Bottom