Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

Nike has actually done a decent job as of late against ATC . Permanent ? Prob not. 
What have they done to slow them down? The only time ATCs fail is when a change happens the morning of a release, but then they just adapt the next time or they might fail because other ATC got to the pairs before them.

The samples look way better in my opinion I would rather pay more for those/ these are just a poor mans black toe/royal/ with a lightning bolt lol. Glad I struck out
Just Kidding 
laugh.gif

Hey guys, this is going to sound sappy but even though I struck out I had a fun time lurking the thread and reading everyone's reactions to everything. My grandmother passed away earlier today and the pain was eased by the suffering I shared with everyone else here.
But gah-dam you guys are crazy for thinking these are worth anything over $450. They're just blue-black toes with a logo on em.
Mine passed a few months ago a few days before my birthday.. Keep strong bro. It takes a lot out of you. Buttttt it gets better and she's in a way better place.

Mine passed a few months ago a few days before my birthday.. Keep strong bro. It takes a lot out of you. Buttttt it gets better and she's in a way better place.
Yeah I know. I'm thankful that she made it past my birthday and Christmas this year, even though she probably didn't know. Meant a lot to the family to have her around one last holiday season.

Besides something to complain about, why do you guys keep hating on ATC services?

The only thing you can control about them is if you buy one or not.  They're not going anywhere.  

Not everyone uses them for reselling purposes either, so throw that stereotype out the door.  Maybe someone just really wants the shoe and would rather spend $50 than a ridiculous markup later on?  Sounds like a wise investment to me when a refund is guaranteed.  

The samples look way better in my opinion I would rather pay more for those/ these are just a poor mans black toe/royal/ with a lightning bolt lol. Glad I struck out
What better way to get over on striking out on a pay of kicks YOU tried buying then by insulting them, either your a reseller or your just to damn bitter

Last edited:
Sucks that I struck out on these but I take solace that so many others did too. It truly sucks since I only want 1s to wear and don't really like or wear the other jordans in the line anymore, but it is what it is. The only good points is that I already have Breds, Royals, and Blacktoes as consolation prizes.

At least we have Melo 1s and Laser 1s to look forward to, along with Chicago 1s. It sucks that I can't buy shoes manually, I can't buy them with a bot, and can't cop with ATC services. It's making easier and easier to save money so that's a huge plus.

Besides something to complain about, why do you guys keep hating on ATC services?
Because you're now having to pay an extra amount to have a chance to buy a pair on release day. I've read so much complaining on this forum about JB raising the price in 2015 $15, but it's not OK to complain about having to pay a 3rd party even more?

Soon retros will retail @ $200, SP/QSs will hit $300, and the ATC charges for the limited stuff will be $100-$150. $225-$450 "box price" (after an ATC)...not something I'm looking forward to.

Then you have the alernate. You don't use the services because of cost, ineffectiveness, whatever, and your chances of getting a pair of shoes are slim. Now, the aftermarket prices will rise because the cost to secure those pairs have risen. So, if you're really wanting a pair you missed out on...you're going to have pony up even more.

In the end...it's not Nike/JBs fault, it's not the ATC companies fault...not the resellers fault. Until we stop buying pairs on the aftermarket for crazy prices, nothing will change. Not throwing stones, I buy stuff I miss out on off ebay all the time, but we're all part of the problem.

Sorry for the block of text.

If you get lucky on eBay, black/reds and royals hover around 350 to 400
Idk after this release doe :rolleyes

those are high quality fakes. Aint no black/reds and royals hovering over $350-$400. Are you talking GS?

Come on Eddie. I can't find another pair of shadows for that price.

HAHAHA i did lose the raffle. I didn't have to pay toll, feed the meters and pay NY tax. BUT i did have to pay double because i copped 2 pairs. 

Hey guys, this is going to sound sappy but even though I struck out I had a fun time lurking the thread and reading everyone's reactions to everything. My grandmother passed away earlier today and the pain was eased by the suffering I shared with everyone else here.
But gah-dam you guys are crazy for thinking these are worth anything over $450. They're just blue-black toes with a logo on em.

My condolences to you and your family. It's good that your finding temporary relief in this thread regardless of how ridiculous some posts are (lol). Keep your head up.

Because you're now having to pay an extra amount to have a chance to buy a pair on release day. I've read so much complaining on this forum about JB raising the price in 2015 $15, but it's not OK to complain about having to pay a 3rd party even more?

Soon retros will retail @ $200, SP/QSs will hit $300, and the ATC charges for the limited stuff will be $100-$150. $225-$450 "box price" (after an ATC)...not something I'm looking forward to.

Then you have the alernate. You don't use the services because of cost, ineffectiveness, whatever, and your chances of getting a pair of shoes are slim. Now, the aftermarket prices will rise because the cost to secure those pairs have risen. So, if you're really wanting a pair you missed out on...you're going to have pony up even more.

In the end...it's not Nike/JBs fault, it's not the ATC companies fault...not the resellers fault. Until we stop buying pairs on the aftermarket for crazy prices, nothing will change. Not throwing stones, I buy stuff I miss out on off ebay all the time, but we're all part of the problem.

Sorry for the block of text.
I get your pricing point, and understand how expensive this hobby can be 1st hand.  Living in Chicago and idolizing Jordan growing up, Nike is hitting that "high school kid age" demographic when he was in his prime.  That's one key reason why sneakers are so hot right now in my opinion. (i'm in my 30's).

Regardless, with anything there will always be loopholes or ways to get things easier.  Money always talks with material possessions sadly, and that's why shoes go out the backdoor left & right, raffles are rigged etc, etc.  You have to pay to play nowadays which does suck, but if you're spending $200 on a pair of shoes multiple times a month it's worth it. During the holiday releases especially, what does that extra $50 mean when you're going to pay resale prices if you miss anyways?  

Nike will change things, but the hustle will still exist.  There will always be a way, so there's no point in hating on something you can't control.  

Sorry for your loss bro.

Man I'm getting salty by looking at pictures of these on twitter/instagram lol smh I have not been successful on a drop since the surprise red Y2 dropped and that was pure luck... So if any of you got some tips (tricks, bot, or some advice lol) for future releases I'd really appreciate it...  gotta get ready for the Oreo 4's!

Stupid comparison

Couldnt be worse in fact lol
WTL were overrated and released in GR numbers
These were hard to get and limited as **** indeed

These remind me on Royals to be honest.
Or Black Gold 1s even..

People pass when $ is relatively high at the time and regret later on which leads to even higher resell

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom