French Blue Air Jordan 7 Retro for 2015 (01/24/15 $190)

Preaching to the Choir, I love 8s. They were my 1st Jordan I remember getting back in 7th grade. I have and will be doubling up on all of them next year. But I could see JB going a different direction in the year of the 9 and 10 just because of the lack of interest in the models.

As for this shoe. The quality was ok, I personally don't see the remastereds that far removed from what JB was doing last year. I did get to see the Bulls on Broadway X yesterday in person and they are nice leather, plush ankle padding, ect, but they're still tumbled. I want to see a non-tumbled release before I can say if this remastered is the real deal or not

IMO, Part of the reason these sat were the 7 factor, a lot of people will wait for the Bords and the Hares, the colorway basically dropped in an XI and a IV in the past month, and people are broke from Nov and Dec. These January releases always "sit" (not selling out the 1st day to me isnt sitting, hitting sales racks is sitting). Last year nothing moved until the income checks starting coming and people recovered from the holiday rush.    
This is true.

And unfortunately they probably will break this trend for the 9’s and 10s, if not the 8’s as well for the reason you mentioned. Especially because they’ve released/are releasing so many 10s lately. Powder blues, Venoms, Steels, Bobcats, these new Chicagos, Lady Liberties, Bulls Over Broadway.

I just hope they don’t because there’s still more they could do with them and models I would still like to see. Chrome 8s, a couple 9s, all of the City Pack 10s

Last edited:
All in all they we're decently received... I wonder how these will compare to the lady liberty and bull over broadway 10's

Just take what they give and be happy huh......
Preach! Most approving of this launch seem to be letting their sentiments cloud their judgment.
Under cover of some "remastered" bs, JB bumps up the price with release of a subpar product and y'all eating it up.
Yes, I may whine, but I call it like I see it.
Adidas has my undivided attention this year.

The L&L and bulls over Broadway will probably do alot better in sales compared to the French VII's. Just for the fact that they release AS weekend right? Don't they? 

I don't know because I'm not interested in either of the 2 X's coming out ASG weekend. These probably won't sell out in states away from NY, pretty much the west coast side.

But then again everyone wants too get the week of ASG releases. They're are a hand full of kicks releasing AS week/weekend. These French VII's are sittin here at my local FTA still

lot's of sz's still, my local FTA got 50 pairs and still have around 20 or so still.

Preach! Most approving of this launch seem to be letting their sentiments cloud their judgment.
Under cover of some "remastered" bs, JB bumps up the price with release of a subpar product and y'all eating it up.
Kanye Fan!

Yes! You guys are killing me with the excuses for JB in regards to this is how the 7 should come and that new comers to the 7s must just not appreciate them the way the oldheads do because that's the way they come. I wouldn't accept this quality line-wide, not just on the 7s.

Speaking of, just got up close and personal with my Grape 5s (2013 release) and Black Infrared 6s (2014 release) that have paint in similar places and the paint is perfectly applied -- very careful to make sure it didn't end up on parts of the shoe it didn't belong. Even without the new "remastered" gimmick, couldn't we at least expect similar paint application? The blob-like shape doesn't even turn me off. Getting blue paint on the white portions of the shoe and having them pre-scuffed do.

Last edited:
These are sitting almost everywhere.....talk about a popcorn fart of a release...I'm not complaining....don't mind if I do....

What's the big deal with this shoe sitting?  When you go to Walmart, Gain is sitting, Noxzema is sitting, Coca-Cola is sitting.  Not everything has to sell out, nor should it, shoes being no different.

Yes! You guys are killing me with the excuses for JB in regards to this is how the 7 should come and that new comers to the 7s must just not appreciate them the way the oldheads do because that's the way they come. I wouldn't accept this quality line-wide, not just on the 7s.

Speaking of, just got up close and personal with my Grape 5s (2013 release) and Black Infrared 6s (2014 release) that have paint in similar places and the paint is perfectly applied -- very careful to make sure it didn't end up on parts of the shoe it didn't belong. Even without the new "remastered" gimmick, couldn't we at least expect similar paint application? The blob-like shape doesn't even turn me off. Getting blue paint on the white portions of the shoe and having them pre-scuffed do.

My grape V's were also pristinely painted; however the leather (or whatever it was) was some of the worst I've even seen used on a shoe. To me better quality means better leather is used. If I'm able to take a step and I don't have to force the shoe to properly flex then that is a plus in my book. Each time I took a step in the grape V, white infrared VI, etc. it felt like the leather would break in two and would even hurt my foot because of how unnatural it felt. As long as you wear your shoes why would it matter how they are painted? I can understand if they ran the paintbrush along the entire toe area and tongue but some of these pictures that people are complaining about perplex me. I'm not even sure what the issues are.

Last edited:
My grape V's were also pristinely painted; however the leather (or whatever it was) was some of the worst I've even seen used on a shoe. To me better quality means better leather is used. If I'm able to take a step and I don't have to force the shoe to properly flex then that is a plus in my book. Each time I took a step in the grape V, white infrared VI, etc. it felt like the leather would break in two and would even hurt my foot because of how unnatural it felt. As long as you wear your shoes why would it matter how they are painted? I can understand if they ran the paintbrush along the entire toe area and tongue but some of these pictures that people are complaining about perplex me. I'm not even sure what the issues are.
I even stated in my original posting that the leather seemed pretty top-notch. Very soft and flexible compared to some of my others. I was very happy with that aspect.

BUT I also feel we shouldn't have to give and take when it comes to the overall construction. If they can paint other shoes with precision, they can paint these FB 7s right.

I also don't understand the "if you wear your shoe it doesn't matter" -- I wear all my shoes and keep them in near DS condition and I certainly care about any flaws they may have, despite whether or not I wear the shoe. I've worn all my other pairs featuring paint dozens of time and all the paint is still where it's supposed to be.

Last edited:
I even stated in my original posting that the leather seemed pretty top-notch. Very soft and flexible compared to some of my others. I was very happy with that aspect.

BUT I also feel we shouldn't have to give and take when it comes to the overall construction. If they can paint other shoes with precision, they can paint these FB 7s right.

I also don't understand the "if you wear your shoe it doesn't matter" -- I wear all my shoes and keep them in near DS condition and I certainly care about any flaws they may have, despite whether or not I wear the shoe. I've worn all my other pairs featuring paint dozens of time and all the paint is still where it's supposed to be.

I gotcha. I guess where I divert from you is how I take care of them (or rather do not) after wearing them. For me a shoe is a shoe. I don't waste my time diligently cleaning them after use unless they are overly muddy. I wear them in everything I do regardless of the activity. If they get dirty so be it - there is always going to be another pair sooner or later. That's just me though. Others choose to clean them after use, put them back in their box, read them a story and tuck them away in their closet for the next sunny day.

Yeah I know that but my point is that does not mean anything about the shoe in terms of anything but mass appeal. Trust me the real reason these shoes are sitting is because the internet did not stamp and seal them as resell/hype approved!
Yeah, you got it my man.  Basically, lower than expected demand I suppose.  I don't get how some go through the trouble of ordering ONLINE and then RETURNING THEM. LOLz  They clearly don't want it and they clearly aren't about CWs and Jordans, they are about IG pics and HYPE TRAIN.  I'm not going to give a FIT about some paint.  Last CW of this shoe was 2002.  It's been nearly 13 years.  Are you gonna wait another 13 years or whatever for the FB7s?  No way!  Only hypebeasters who buy and have remorse.

The FUNNIEST thing is that the people who are SENDING THEM BACK are GIVING NO EFFORTS into LOOKING FOR THEM IN PERSON!!  This tells me these guys are the worst hypebeasts pretenders ever!  Their biggest issue is QC and DEFECTS, well if that's the case go INSPECT THEM IN PERSON.

At the end of the day they are just shoes, and no matter how you cut it, they are 'shoes'.  If you hypebeast puberty stage kids want to wait another 10+ years or whatever for JB to get the FB7s right, then go ahead.  There are plenty of individuals who enjoy buying this release with ease.

Last edited:
At the end of the day they are just shoes, and no matter how you cut it, they are 'shoes'.  If you hypebeast puberty stage kids want to wait another 10+ years or whatever for JB to get the FB7s right, then go ahead.  There are plenty of individuals who enjoy buying this release with ease.
My thoughts exactly. I had these back in freshman year of high school and beat them to death cause they were one of my favorite J's at the time, and they were so comfy. So there was no batting of an eye on release day when I clicked Place Order at 7:01AM. So glad to have them in hand, and again, super impressed with the quality. Matches my memories of the '02.

To the people complaining, you go to China and make these. You have a smart phone? Well, these have defects. Do they work? Yes. Same for the shoe. Can you walk in them without the bottom falling out? Yes. Does it look "good"? Yes. The people in these lines working on your shoe work long hours.

Last edited:
To the people complaining, you go to China and make these. You have a smart phone? Well, these have defects. Do they work? Yes. Same for the shoe. Can you walk in them without the bottom falling out? Yes. Does it look "good"? Yes. The people in these lines working on your shoe work long hours.
I lolled hard.  HOF FB7 - 2015 comment

I mean in a sense JB did deliver better materials for the premium but the craftsmanship of the painting on the midsole didn't come with that package. They probably paid those workers less lol.

:lol: @'Noble' about the pocket on booty crack comment.

Qft.

Back
Top Bottom