French Blue Air Jordan 7 Retro for 2015 (01/24/15 $190)

Copped the 5.5gs size for my girl on FNL. not so bad when it cost $120 free ship with the rewards coupon. I can't imagine buying a pair for myself at $190 though. I hope the oreo 4s will be worth the "remastered" price tag.

doubled up and took mad pics just to say you're returning both pairs because of something cosmetic lol.
ya'll just want to sound like elitists haha
if you send those back because of THAT you're an idiot, point blank.
this board becomes more entertaining by the day.
Some minor flaws and variation from pair to pair are to be expected in any mass-produced shoe, but the paint job on the FB 7s has been consistently pretty awful, seriously.

cdp81087: IMHO, get your $$$ back and cop some Legend Blue 11s or Columbia 4s if you want a clean blue/white colorway.

Some minor flaws and variation from pair to pair are to be expected in any mass-produced shoe, but the paint job on the FB 7s has been consistently pretty awful, seriously.

cdp81087: IMHO, get your $$$ back and cop some Legend Blue 11s or Columbia 4s if you want a clean blue/white colorway.

so you'd consider the paint job in the above photos awful?

@'Cdp'

With u so concerned about the paint,I think you might of psyche yourself out before u even got em.
From pics u posted, theres semi flaws ,but nothing to bad.

Keep in mind , youre the owner ,so youll nit pick about little flaws, thats typical.
Take in consideration that other people wont even notice the flaws at all, being the flaws are minor.

Its your money so ,do u.

I.m.o. youre blowing things out proportion.

Last edited:
Reactions: g14
so you'd consider the paint job in the above photos awful?
Yeah, actually they are pretty damn sketch for a $190 shoe.  This, of course, is just my own personal opinion, and you are free to disagree with me.

The shoes are beautiful overall IMHO, but the sloppiness of the paint on the midsoles in those pics makes me cringe.  I guess I'm just more nitpicky than most.  YMMV.
happy.gif

IF I bought a pair and they came with a F up'd Paint job

I would either return them or send them to Ebay!

But I usually Check the sneaker before i take them.. but Online orders, Whatever shows up is yours

doubled up and took mad pics just to say you're returning both pairs because of something cosmetic lol.
ya'll just want to sound like elitists haha
if you send those back because of THAT you're an idiot, point blank.
this board becomes more entertaining by the day.

aren't these "remastered"? if so, then the customer has the right to complain about a flaw. I'm aware these were massed produced, but if JB is not delivering on the remastered hype then idk what to say.

Yea all I see is hare 7 and Bordeaux 7 and if those aquas actually release

Yea imagine the people who already have perfect condition hares n bordeauxs like me.

Not much must have this year

I might go against my rule n get another bordeaux because its my favorite shoe of all time

As a customer you definitely have the right to complain, theres a more appropriate and effective place to do so.

Do like I do , if I have a issue with Nike or their products, I simply contact them via link below.

http://help-en-us.nike.com/app/contact

Is it a automatic solution?- No, but its a start. One wont change it , a mass likely could.

The reality is a closed mouth dont get fed.

Last edited:
People been complain bout Js, like truly conplaining for 6-7 years. JB hit us wit this remastered jig, which kinda they did up the quality a tad, but overall naw. But honestly if they keep releasing retros 2-3 times a month and they sell out, JB not giving 2 shiiiits bout quality complaints.

aren't these "remastered"? if so, then the customer has the right to complain about a flaw. I'm aware these were massed produced, but if JB is not delivering on the remastered hype then idk what to say.

you really believed that remastered nonsense?
anyone with any sense knew that was just a tactic to justify the latest price increase.
quite frankly, I never had any complaints with the quality to begin with.
the only people that I've ever heard complain about quality..notably the shape bs that you guys spout incessantly...are on NT lol.
there's one thing that's even remotely noticeable in those photos and that's the scratch on the grey paint.
and even THAT'S miniscule tbh.
like the poster said, he's very particular
and that's understandable.
but I truly don't know what you guys expect anymore lol

Why is the paint job so bad on these, aren't they supposed to be remastered? It honestly looks like Nike shipped out B grades based on the pics...

Just got my pair in today and they are going back. Paint flaws like all pairs seem to have but the main reason is a scrap in the leather on one shoes toe cap and cracking leather in a small spot on middle of shoe. With the price increase for a "remastered" shoe this should happen.

Received both my pairs a little earlier today and was excited to open these up. This is somewhat of a bittersweet review because I had high hopes after first opening the new remastered boxes.

The leather was buttery soft (even more so than I was expecting), I loved the French Blue accents, and the metal lace tips were a big plus.

Now for the bad and the reason I'll be returning both of these. As soon as I saw earlier pictures I was worried, but this was just unacceptable for me. No care at all in applying this paint. Some places were already scratched and peeling. As others have said, a 5 year old looks to have applied the paint on these. Hope this isn't the type of quality we're going to see for the rest of the year.

I was already on the fence about the FB 7s (and 7s in general), but I'll be waiting on the Hares or Bords to be my first and possibly try and pick up a pair of the Legend Blue 11s to replace the white/blue theme I was looking for.

Man, If you aren't happy I can't blame you for sending them back.

As little as some may claim the cosmetic defects are, this is still a remastered POS for $200.

No shade here for shooting pics on shoes you are returning, thanks for sharing those. 

son copped for pics and returning it?
Originally Posted by a-friend  

Man, If you aren't happy I can't blame you for sending them back.

As little as some may claim the cosmetic defects are, this is still a remastered POS for $200.

No shade here for shooting pics on shoes you are returning, thanks for sharing those. 
Only took pictures to share with you fellas in the hopes of possibly saving another member some trouble if they would also have been turned off by the poor paint work enough to not buy them in the first place. Never tried on either pair on and this thread is the only place these pictures were posted. 
Just got my pair in today and they are going back. Paint flaws like all pairs seem to have but the main reason is a scrap in the leather on one shoes toe cap and cracking leather in a small spot on middle of shoe. With the price increase for a "remastered" shoe this should happen.
Between you and I alone, that's $600ish they'll be returning to customers on what we consider subpar quality control. I can't imagine we're the only ones that will be returning these 7s. Any other retros in the past that you've heard of multiple people returning orders that were for defects in the materials?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom