French Blue Air Jordan 7 Retro for 2015 (01/24/15 $190)

I'm still trying to decide if I should try to cop these, or continue to rock with my 2002 pair

You think these will be an easy cop online? Columbia 4s were in stock online for awhile so I'm thinking these should be easier. I'm just tryna avoid raffles lol

I feel these joints should b cake. 4s still chillin at Niketowns. usually 4s are more wanted than 7s. Could b wrong tho.

I just grabbed my '02 pair to compare them to these photos...

I don't know what you guys are talking about with the '02's having a translucent sole. Mine don't. Unless it's just hard to tell because they're old. But they look solid blue to me.

Also, the leather is extremely soft, even 12 years later. Definitely softer than the Columbia IV's that released today and I have no reason to believe that JB is going to use a different tumbled leather for the VII's than they used on the IV.

The tongue on my '02 has very little white in it. Very different from the photos that I've seen thus far.

The french blue on my '02 is different than what's in these photos. It may be a lighting thing, so I will definitively revisit this upon release, but the blue on my '02 pair is a more dull, more muted french blue, if that makes sense...the french blue in the photos appears brighter and lighter...

Photos often times are deceiving though...We'll see what's up on 2 weeks. I'm likely passing, but only because the pair I have is still very rockable.

How do 7's run size wise. If I remember they are like 6's and need a .5 size down. Does everyone agree?

I don't know what you guys are talking about with the '02's having a translucent sole. Mine don't. Unless it's just hard to tell because they're old. But they look solid blue to me.

Also, the leather is extremely soft, even 12 years later. Definitely softer than the Columbia IV's that released today and I have no reason to believe that JB is going to use a different tumbled leather for the VII's than they used on the IV.

The tongue on my '02 has very little white in it. Very different from the photos that I've seen thus far.

The french blue on my '02 is different than what's in these photos. It may be a lighting thing, so I will definitively revisit this upon release, but the blue on my '02 pair is a more dull, more muted french blue, if that makes sense...the french blue in the photos appears brighter and lighter...

Photos often times are deceiving though...We'll see what's up on 2 weeks. I'm likely passing, but only because the pair I have is still very rockable.

ALOT OF THIS IS ACCURATE… BUT THE DARK BLUE IS DEFINITELY TRANSLUCENT AND HARD TO SEE. I DIDNT NOTICE UNTIL I BOUGHT AN 02 PAIR YEARS AFTER THEY RELEASED.

jordan 77 jordan 77 THAT IS CORRECT… VII'S AND VI'S FIT VERY MUCH THE SAME BUT FOR ME ITS TTS AND I DO NOT SIZE DOWN AT ALL… IM GUESSING YOU LIKE THE TIGHT FIT LIKE THE REST OF NT

most Js are tts. the width is D, medium. i dont understand why people size down. why? space over crampness. ita common sense.

Thanks. I like a more tight fit. Playing sports growing up has left me feet not the greatest so I need a shoe that really fits and super huge is not going to work.

shoes aint jeans, u dont size up like that. plus retros aint for balling. lol. nah, just go to the shops and try them on. .5 up aint gonna kill you man.

Haha good stuff man, and I hope the rehab goes well.

Can't wait to get these as the first Vll's of the year.

Thank you I appreciate it, I can't wait for these to be the first 7's of the year as well. I added the Columbia 4's to my collection today and hopefully in a few weeks I can add to my weak 7 rotation :lol: (I only have the GMP 7's). Hopefully this thread stays calm and collected, now that people realize what they should expect with the "remastered" Jordan's. Hopefully they got what they had to get out of their system in the 4's thread because I don't know if I can take another thread of complaining about what we know is wrong with the shoe from picture's we are all seeing beforehand :smh:.

most Js are tts. the width is D, medium. i dont understand why people size down. why? space over crampness. ita common sense.
I don't understand it either but some people like their shoes to be the exact size of their foot. that's uncomfortable imo the only pair I own that's like that is the most recent black/red 11 release. when I was little I heard something from a documentary or something about how Michael wore his shoes a bit bigger because he liked having the space for his foot to move and I sort of copied him
laugh.gif
. but honestly it is way more comfortable I hate shoes that don't have wiggle room even though my feet aren't gonna grow

No most aren't

III's, V's, XIII's, VIII's and VII's normally you have to size down. It's been this way for the past decade, because of the new shape and toe box. VII's have a lot of room in the toe box. Probably more so than any other Jordan besides the V.

No most aren't

III's, V's, XIII's, VIII's and VII's normally you have to size down. It's been this way for the past decade, because of the new shape and toe box. VII's have a lot of room in the toe box. Probably more so than any other Jordan besides the V.
He knows. I leave my 5s factory laced so I don't mind the extra room *wide foot* but 7s are more noticeable. Like a cadillac!

7 do run big. I would say 3s are tts for me. Meshed 13s like Flints and Back/Red are tts. Leather ones like Playoffs and HGG run a little big. I would also add 14s to the list. The 5s are bit big too but I like the fit.

Last edited:

From what I can remember when I held them in hand, the blue was translucent on the 02 pair. It was noticeable to me. It was a detail that took me by surprise and made me think twice about not copping them. Maybe them aging made them seem less translucent? Idk. As far as the leather...we'll never see it again, all remastered promises be damned. 

@BigPapaMark72 Showing everyone up with the Mocha 3's though
smokin.gif
people weren't crazy about those, but I bet if they dropped now they would be quite hyped.
Facts. Saw them release and the FSR sat on the shelves until we shipped them out. I'm skeptical of people saying these are grails because they sat HARD and went on sale for cheap....and still sat some more. They were very attainable. Unless you liked them years after the released and wanted to be "different" 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom