From the Director of Sicario and Prisoners....."Arrival"

Movie was incredible, slow builder but the payout at the end was simply genius.

Anyone notice they copied the score from Shutter Island?

I fell asleep midway through the movie but first thing seeing i thought of was dr. Zoidberg :lol:

Overall, movie was not bad not brad

They were looking like some hentai monsters. Japanese school girls must've freaked out.

Only question I have though is how will what the aliens left them enable them to help the aliens out down the road?

Very good film. After seeing its best picture nomination I can't help but know that the academy knows what they did to the director by snubbing Sicario. I will NEVER forgive them for that. Not even a nomination, and it was the best picture that year.

It's a good film, but just not the quality of Sicario.

Last edited:
Just finished watching this for the first time. Shed a gangsta tear at the ending when it cut to her after he asked if she wants to make a baby and she answered yes knowing the child will get cancer and that he'll divorce her because she'll say yes despite knowin the child will get cancer. Things like this really get you you to question your values regarding the fabric of what makes us human.

Only question I have though is how will what the aliens left them enable them to help the aliens out down the road?

I literally just finished watching it so I haven't looked into any other theories, but my interpretation is that if they did not intervene then humanity would have at some point in the not so distant future turned their weapons on themselves and killed themselves, thereby never having the opportunity to save the aliens 3000 years from now.

Louise contacting the Chinese leader was the catalyst for bringing world peace, and preserving humanity.

Back
Top Bottom