FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

Funko Shop Today
unnamed.jpg

Damnnnn dug in the archives.
Lol but the argument isnt about what they do with the pop. The argument is twitter sneaker buying them up because they think resell is going to be crazy. Making it that much harder or more expensive for other collectors more so ones that truly collect pops.
No one wants to pay more than they have to for anything.
Its been a problem for awhile just not recently but stuff like dbz mha bball things an array of people like. Hurts the joy of building your collection when you went from paying 12 bucks to 25 for GR commons.
Again if your sitting on grailsm. Cool get your money we all have.
But when its 10k+ commons and people grabbin the whole stock from their area. It puts a bummer on this.

And to play devils advocate or cape for lunchbox (and he knows i hate his snowpurter self)
That pic is cleaner and more creative than matching a hulk pic with your green shoes.

i totally understand your argument and im with you on the dudes buying up multiple to resell, but i wont knock it. To each their own. That's with everything now a days tho it sucks but gotta adapt or just move on

i just pointed out his picture because he brought up "cant wait to see stacks next to washed jays," but my guy took a damn bite out of a pie to take a picture lol

some people actually got heat whether he might not like it or not. which is fine, he might not be a sneaker guy but this is Niketalk. A Sneaker forum and A LOT of people believe it or not are big MJ fans just like he is a funko fan.

Snkr Twitter is lame i agree but its a bunch of young kids just getting on the next hyped item but you shouldn't let it phase yas at all knowing that its been going on for months now and complaining wont do much

I work at footlocker and my store is getting them

Hopefully I can get one and my boss won't be a A**

gotta adapt or just move on
I was with your other stuff but I hate this particular saying in this particular situation.
Why would i need to adapt or move on from common pops that are 9.99 because i cant find (due to flippers and bots) them on the street. If i can get every other line i want easy. But its always a pain with this hype stiff for people who arent pop collectors (they may be memorabilia collectors and thats fair) its stupid

I was with your other stuff but I hate this particular saying in this particular situation.
Why would i need to adapt or move on from common pops that are 9.99 because i cant find (due to flippers and bots) them on the street. If i can get every other line i want easy. But its always a pain with this hype stiff for people who arent pop collectors (they may be memorabilia collectors and thats fair) its stupid

This is pretty much a common occurrence for any hobby nowadays. I’ve seen it happen in the retro video game scene where not only did people flock to the swapt meets and yard sales....they even got jobs at thrift stores in order to get “first dibs”. Need I remind you about the sneaker hobby?

yea there's not much point in trying to beat one's chest saying, "I've been in this game since ____" There's always going to be scumbags milling around trying to make a quick buck by running around town to every Footlocker acting like their time isn't worth anything and its all "free profit".

If anything, it helps me realize I gotta get out of this hobby for the most part, with the exception of Conan Pops of course.

Ive never been in to the sneaker hobby. I have my military 4s and my sky blue 2s thats it. When i was collecting kobes and durants it was so easy getting them in korea i use to call the store after release and they mailed them to me. So ive never done the lines camping resell thing for that stuff. I know its present but its never affected me.
Anyway. I know how the pop game works. I dont even have a problem with the exclusives thing. (Or any of it honestly)
I was just saying i understand the frustration

If anything, it helps me realize I gotta get out of this hobby for the most part, with the exception of Conan Pops of course.
I definitely wouldn’t get too deep into this Funko Pop hobby. Those of you who are old enough might recall the Beanie Babies collecting craze of the 90’s and it’s outcome.

Ive never been in to the sneaker hobby...

When i was collecting kobes and durants it was so easy getting them in korea i use to call the store after release and I know its present but its never affected me.

They’re not universally as popular like Jordans are so it makes sense why you were not totally affected by resellers and bandwagon fans. However, this Funko hobby has the ability to a reach a bunch of different people and collectors due to them being able to make so many different kinds of characters. Now add the Alps of the world? Easy to see why it’s in the state it’s in. Now the question is how long until the bubble bursts and people move on to something else.

S/o to my main *** tdogg2k tdogg2k for the backup.

Look if you feel some type of way cuz I'm calling a bunch of dudes who sit around computers all day looking or jigs, starting cook groups and trying to be cool by showing off their tasks that's on you. Facts is facts and sneaker twitter is stupid lame. What's LAMER is old a** reseller Perfect sole posting funko SMH

You shouldn't have to "adapt" to buy a toy get outta here.

And yeah I posted the pic the one time, but I'm a collector. My reference was to lames who will post "cook" / "flex" pics of the stacks they got.

But just like StockX is tanking Yeezys i'll wait till they realize there'll be hella

Back
Top Bottom