FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

Where you read that info from?

I read on that funkofunatic forum. I guess they said it during some kinda Q&A session.

Funko definitely said that and all but I believe it's just marketing. People can believe that hype if they want, and most people genuinely do, but to me it looks like marketing for Target's new "Funko Shop" settings. I don't like batman so it doesn't matter to me but I'm pretty sure folks will run into it randomly for a while. If not, they may be the first company to tell the truth about ANYTHING! LOL!

Lol right on and those are good points. I could see that making sense because it seems most Targets just got that section set up recently. If I run into any of him or Joker, I'll for sure try to help out whoever.

@Jhowlett &
joepapamama23 joepapamama23 thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
I say shame on funko for posting that "ultra rare" post.
I understand you want to get that stuff sold, but at the same time since when did Target get ultra rare things. why would you send something so limited to a retailer like that. Kknowing full well some may not even make it to the display because some employees know it's worth.
They shouldve either made it a chase and sent out randomly everywhere, or made it a con exclusive.
flippers going to flip, but they'll spend less time hawking one area/place if they dont know where it's going to be.

takes the hunt out of hunting if you're going to tell people where ultra rare stuff is. same with the goblin chase.

the only one theyve done right this yea was the alient, there were chases in my gamestop, comic shop, and hot topic. (i missed getting all 3 but the people at each said they got about 2 in shipment.
thankfully i don't like batman. and i just happen to go in target like 2 times a week anyway (to look at milfs and buy some groceries) but its ridiculous they would do that. completely unnecessary imo to say ultra rare in their post.
Hype was already formed about that batman anyway. and i know their workers frequent facebook groups and forums. so they knew he was alrady going to be a hot commodity.

Think about it, Funko is a company that LOVES to slap limited quantity stickers on any Pop! they can. From SDCC 24 pc stickers to quantity unknown like the "Limited Edition" mystery boxes Hot Topic got. They all had a sticker that signified limited edition. Now all of a sudden they release this Zoo Doo Doo Phoenix Suns mascot Batman with a normal "only at Target" sticker and talk about how "Ultra Rare" he is in a blog post and a Q&A on Twitter? And it also happens to coincide with Target going from a half demolished back end cap of clearance quality pops to a whole back wall titled "Funko Shop"! Please, marketing at its finest. Hey Funko, we also buy from Nike, we've seen this before. Lol

I will say this, they accomplished what they set out to do. Now every Target exclusive is being bought in hopes its an "Ultra Rare" release. LOL! Insane Snowball is flying off shelves. Bravo!

Doesnt it still sort of backfire tho if only flippers are going in picking up that specific batman. And collectors who really want it arent even bothering going in now?

Like yea it helps target so people see what else they have. But in away those same people probably arent even bothering

Came from game stop and bought a couple, they also had all the suicide squad funkos. Masked Deadshot looks dope

Doesnt it still sort of backfire tho if only flippers are going in picking up that specific batman. And collectors who really want it arent even bothering going in now?

Like yea it helps target so people see what else they have. But in away those same people probably arent even bothering

I bought my first Dorbz (outside of subscription boxes) the first time I saw the new Funko shop at Target that Monday. I was looking for Batman and Joker. The Funko shop is definitely good marketing for Funko to have Pop collectors cross over into t shirts, Dorbz or whatever. Keeps all the stuff together and looks nicer for casual customer who doesn't know anything about pops or Funko. I used to have to search the small shelves at the ends of the toy aisle for pops or they were scattered around elsewhere. I even found pops scattered in other parts of the store from where the new Funko shop is.

Last edited:
True but I would've never looked through the Dorbz if all the Funko stuff wasn't right there. I held it in my hand and debated buying it even then but they got my money in the end :rofl:

I'd have to agree with tdogg2k tdogg2k about pushing collectors away to some extent. I can understand wanting to get hype going for target, but I think most real collectors not trying to flip him aren't going to be open to buying anything from target and just stop buying from them all together when you compound all the problems from past exclusives plus this situation. And like I said before, it really makes no sense whatsoever to make the exclusive joker this absurd as well, when you're trying to promote a movie that's out soon. It almost seems counterproductive to me. I imagine once the frustrations about Bats subsides, people will be even more agitated about him being incognito. On top of that, there are quite a few people beginning to get notices that all these places that supposedly were guaranteed to get those new funko exclusive Cosmos and Howard the Ducks are not going to get any. I don't understands what their play is. They have to understand that by doing these things, they are seriously hurting their brand. I am beginning to wonder if it's a case of a company doing too much too fast.

^IMO they will def drive some away but will draw even more in. Saw a few people approach the Funko shop with excitement while I was looking through it.

Last edited:
That's OD. If that's the direction pops are heading, I'm getting out. It's already a hassle to get shoes and clothes, pops are one of the few things outside of comics and sports memorabilia that I like hunting for

That's OD. If that's the direction pops are heading, I'm getting out. It's already a hassle to get shoes and clothes, pops are one of the few things outside of comics and sports memorabilia that I like hunting for
If you getting out, want to get off some pops? 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Nba store NYC stocked with Kobe bron and curry

I always find it interesting how much the Chicago Bulls and Jordan expanded the NBA brand yet neither Jordan Brand nor NBA ever really invested in Chicago as a city for business. Jordan brand has the Jordan store now but for the longest Chicago never got exclusive releases and there is definitely no NBA store here. Just odd...no love for this city.

I'll hook up NT just don't flake on me :lol:
You guys got till tomorrow noon EST to put your orders in

Back
Top Bottom