Funny People Appreciation *maybe some spoilers*

So, I just came back from seeing a screening to Funny People via American Express.

My take on it was, it was great. possible 8 out of 10. Longer than I expected. All star comedy acts a couple surprise cameos and the RZA why not?

A chance for Sandler to showcase his stand up again. Same with Seth since that's how they both started their careers.

*If I missed the Funny People appreciation thread I apologize* I know how much fan boy there are for the Late police there are here that love to rat people outon...sorry in advance*

Planning to go see this. And
laugh.gif
at what you put at the bottom.

i wanna see it only becuase briteyes said it was funny [emoji]9829[/emoji]

Originally Posted by Streetballer23

trying to see it tomorrow...hope I'm not disappointed though
I would say go in with acceptable hopes....don't set the bar because of what I think.... Have a beer and burger before going in and try towatch a late showing....Trust me that'll make it more enjoyable...

oh and there is like 30-40 sec of booby shot...nice booby shot...

Originally Posted by 951guero

is it a sad or funny story?

Knowing some Sandler movies I would say its a mix. He usually makes funny movies with some sort of drama in it.

One of the best movies I've seen in theatres in awhile. Saw the midnight showing last night. It mixes the right amount of seriousness with comedy. Moviekinda made me realize some things while watching it. Best work sandler has done in a long time. Go see it, you won't be dissapointed

I have mixed feelings about this movie. I've loved all the other Apatow movies, but I generally can't stand Sandler. Still, since the early word ofmouth seems good, I'll probably check it out.

RZA plays Seth's co-worker, his role is minimal, but perfect execution.

is it a sad or funny story?

It's both, they intertwine rather well. Apatow did a great job with this film. I recommend everyone go see it if for nothing more than the Stand-Up clips.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

I have mixed feelings about this movie. I've loved all the other Apatow movies, but I generally can't stand Sandler. Still, since the early word of mouth seems good, I'll probably check it out.

I see your point, there are times I watch Sandler and go "come on man enough"

Over all I thought it was great...that is set apart from excellent and must see.

I would say: 10% sad, 30% drama and 60% to the guy who asked earlier. A lot of "rooster, gym locker" jokes...always good to use against your buddiesI think.

In regards to Sandler, I liked how he kind of poked fun at how stupid his little voice things are that he does in movies.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

I recommend everyone go see it if for nothing more than the Stand-Up clips.

Ya, I agree....it's definitely appreciated....no miracle movie...Treat your girl to this one that for sure, it's a good date movie...but be preparedfor a 2 and a half hour movie.

Back
Top Bottom