Funny People Appreciation *maybe some spoilers*

Besides Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore, I'm not an Adam Sandler fan... but still want to see this... based on the previews RZA looks like he has the bestpart
laugh.gif

i really liked the movie. i got more laughs out of it than i expected and there are TONS of cameos. plus my man James Taylor in there representin NC!

Originally Posted by UnkleLuke

How does it stack up w/ other Apatow films?

In my personal opinion it's up there with 40 year old virgin. But it's not slapstick comedy a little more serious....kinda hard to explain.

chickhien wrote:
James Taylor in there representin NC!

I was like oh sweet!!! then he says F*** facebook...
roll.gif

I saw a screening about two weeks ago and I couldn't even stay til the end. It's a long movie and isn't even funny after the first hour

Movie is long. Seth and his group are funny, as expected. Sandler sucks as expected. It had it's funny moments. When Bana and Leslie Mann got into inAustralian and the Doctor were the best scenes. I'm tired of Sandlers stupid baby voices and the movie was 80% penis jokes. Just wait for dvd.

Originally Posted by lunchroomclassic

I saw a screening about two weeks ago and I couldn't even stay til the end. It's a long movie and isn't even funny after the first hour
Wow your humor must be blind kids getting run over and clubbing baby seals then....not even a laugh huh?

To his their own I guess...

I enjoyed it. RZA was dope, I threw up a W when he came on screen
laugh.gif
The scene with Eminem and Ray Romando was pure comedy
eek.gif
roll.gif

I thought Sandler was really good actually, because he was sort of parodying himself. Complaining about it having too many penis jokes and Sandler's voicesare missing the point.

Overall it was a typical Apatow movie, while I was watching it I couldn't help but think of how similar it was structurally to Knocked Up. And I wishApatow wouldn't use his kids and wife in every movie.

The movie was @#%%!%% awesome until the last 45 minutes and then fell way off. The end basically ruined the entire movie for me. It is still definitely worthseeing, but I left the theater feeling somewhat depressed from how it ended.

saw it yesterday....
i thought it was a good movie....
pimp.gif

might watch it again....
right after GI Joe....
grin.gif

This movie totally did not live up to my expectations. First of all, why did this need to be 2 1/2 hours long? The movie would have been much better at no morethan 2 hours. Second, Seth Rogan cant act for !$*#...he always seemed very uncomfortable even when he was just around his friends, forcing emotions and laughs.Thirdly, it was a very nice booby shot.

i saw this movie last weekend

geezus its long, i swear everybody in the movie was ready the leave same time as my girl an I..................it kinda dragged but it was a good movie anhonestly its not even really a comedy, seems like a drama. movie was not what i expected.

o yea the eminem cameo was awesome......................cuz what he was sayin didnt even seem like part of the script just seemed like real talk.

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

Movie is long. Seth and his group are funny, as expected. Sandler sucks as expected. It had it's funny moments. When Bana and Leslie Mann got into in Australian and the Doctor were the best scenes. I'm tired of Sandlers stupid baby voices and the movie was 80% penis jokes. Just wait for dvd.

yea i def brought that up to my girl im like yo this dude seth rogan stay with penis jokes, for real.

Movie didn't really do it for me.

Had some funny moments but it was too long and drawn out.

Eminem cameo did have me dying though.

Back
Top Bottom