FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

An industry plant is simply an artist that is made to appear as if they come from organic, humble beginnings but is really being funded by a label covertly.

It is a real thing. Logic was signed to DefJam for a good 2 years before it was announced...while he was making "indy" music.
Thank you. This is the true definition.

That **** been built up inside of earn (pause) since tracy moved in and took his spot on the couch. Pride is somethin else though. I thought Earn would have at least got a punch in. Lol

so earn got his laptop robbed, his manhood, and his position in the group/job

#RobbinSeason

That makes sense for Logic. Dude is like the most popular dude who's music I couldn't tell you till recently. Son had an unusual number of songs on the pandora rap radio before this last album.

I’m not really sure why anybody would be suprised. Nothing wrong with it(IR dating)but let’s be real, he was gonna be with an Asian or a white chick

Shaderoom has been cultivating that hate for a while now.

They only post Derrick rose when he’s his a pic w his girl...same w RGIII. Now gambino.

Reading some of them comments is really eerie though.

An industry plant is simply an artist that is made to appear as if they come from organic, humble beginnings but is really being funded by a label covertly.

It is a real thing. Logic was signed to DefJam for a good 2 years before it was announced...while he was making "indy" music.

assuming you are familiar with Drake’s path from Jas Prince to meeting Wayne in 07-08 to Wayne funding So Far Gone and announcing a deal promptly...in summer/fall 2009, if it wasnt outright 2010...when they been building since 07 and Wayne literally funded his breakout project + the overall red carpet Wayne rolled out with features, the VMA shoutout, etc.

Was Drake an industry plant or did ****** just do smart marketing?

assuming you are familiar with Drake’s path from Jas Prince to meeting Wayne in 07-08 to Wayne funding So Far Gone and announcing a deal promptly...in summer/fall 2009, if it wasnt outright 2010...when they been building since 07 and Wayne literally funded his breakout project + the overall red carpet Wayne rolled out with features, the VMA shoutout, etc.

Was Drake an industry plant or did *****s just do smart marketing?

Smart marketing.

Was Drake an industry plant or did *****s just do smart marketing?

I never heard anything about Wayne funding So Far Gone. I know Drake signed in 09...and from everything I've read they met in 2008. That sounds like a pretty natural progression of a relationship. That's not singing someone that's relatively unknown...and using company money to market, promote, and finance an artist for years while simultaneously making sure they get in every blog and every publication under the guise of an up and coming unsigned artist.

If Universal/Young Money had an agreement with Drake for years before it was announced he signed...and they were funding all of his moves and helping raise his public profile (if you say they met in 07 that would mean they had something to do with Comeback Season too, no?)...then yes...that would be an industry plant. But I have never ever read anything that suggests the timeline went the way you put it.

That would also mean that the alleged bidding war that took place for Drake in 2009 was a lie.

Shaderoom has been cultivating that hate for a while now.

They only post Derrick rose when he’s his a pic w his girl...same w RGIII. Now gambino.

Reading some of them comments is really eerie though.

It's truly sad man. The infighting among black people about other peoples love lives is crazy.

I'm soooo happy that Paper Boi fired Earn. I know that Earn is the main character but he's annoying and awful at his job. So many up-and-coming athletes, musicians, entertainers mess up by having family members represent them or make big financial decisions on their part.

Don't get me wrong, help your family and friends but wait until you're established. Paper Boi needs someone who has industry connections and knows the business, not his cousin whose learning on the job.

How is Chance an industry plant? Son is purposely indie.

I think the closest he got was signing to OVO or that was the suggestion to him. Funny enough Drake raps about not knowing Chance at all :lol:

He is funded by some white ppl though.

Back
Top Bottom