FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

The joke ain’t that deep

and that dumb shh is one of the few things we know about Chet hanks

I think you gotta be at least 3/4ths an idiot if you're black from another country and judge Black Americans for not being as far as their white counterparts. The answers seem wild obvious but what do I know.

I think you gotta be at least 3/4ths an idiot if you're black from another country and judge Black Americans for not being as far as their white counterparts. The answers seem wild obvious but what do I know.

wut?

who is saying any of this?

and what you describe is a global problem.. Haiti is a perfect example of the atrocities committed to black people and a country that has never really recovered from what was done to it after their revolt

you also have museums who are still reluctant to repatriate African Artwork because of some BS about maintaining it better than those who’s property it actual is

wut?

who is saying any of this?

and what you describe is a global problem.. Haiti is a perfect example of the atrocities committed to black people and a country that has never really recovered from what was done to it after their revolt

you also have museums who are still reluctant to repatriate African Artwork because of some BS about maintaining it better than those who’s property it actual is
I'm not talking to you, just a general comment regarding a scenario other posters mentioned. I don't know what you're blabbering on about otherwise, these shows be tripping you up.

Kevin Samuels did surprisingly well. Not bad in this at all.

I'm African, so during the interrogation, I immediately starting wondering if African students would receive scholarships too.

I thought the flamethrower plot was stupid but the dialogue during that scene was dope. The ending was really good too.

I enjoyed this episode.

i say this as a black person who went to an overwhelmingly white high school in north florida..
I was gonna ask if you were Black since you were missing a lot of these obvious topics the show is touching on, but this equally makes sense. Not trying to clown or anything, just highlighting.

I was gonna ask if you were Black since you were missing a lot of these obvious topics the show is touching on, but this equally makes sense. Not trying to clown or anything, just highlighting.
So he ain’t going to get the scholarship?

I won’t lie them questions were ridiculous. There are nuances…to even where you grow up…

So if you start talking alcohol, rap, sports, certain cultural things (like Timbs, Foamposities, Jordan’s, etc), etc. I remember living in LA in 92 and being on the Dre/Snoop wave. I get to Miami…that Miami Bass and Dance was a totally different wave. To being back in NY in 94, and Biggie/Nas/Wu Tang being the wave.

Like if I hit someone with Mambo sauce…it’s a DMV thing.

Or I met black people who never played Dominoes or Spades.

Can you swim, yes or no?

But it was good social commentary lol.

I want an episode with Black Aaron lol. It would’ve been nice if they added another minute or two with his dad admonishing him and his internet interactions now.

The white passing stuff was A1. His entire social group not even knowing he was black and the white kids complaining about discrimination because black kids were given opportunities they weren’t. 1000% accurate to well off white kids in my experience (and honestly not just the well off ones)

The white passing stuff was A1. His entire social group not even knowing he was black and the white kids complaining about discrimination because black kids were given opportunities they weren’t. 1000% accurate to well off white kids in my experience (and honestly not just the well off ones)
Something something welfare, food stamps. Meanwhile, the top 10% and corporations abusing tax loopholes to flourish.

what is it that I am missing?

I am black.. I am also not American

but I did attend high school and college in America

I have watched American television my whole life, traveled to America my whole life and because my country is a popular affordable accessible tourism destination just 50 miles south of America, have seen Americans my whole life

the only thing about the episode i didn’t get was how the African dude was deemed not black until he was shot

chet hanks is a rich white dude from California who has zero clue what he is saying

i think it would have made more sense if the mother was black and she grew up being that 1 black friend

so Aaron has a white father with some issues going and his mother doesn’t embrace her blackness.. or set up the dad as a Clarence Thomas type that clearly hate their blackness

but the dad was keeping it real with dude.. clearly Aaron got identity issues but wasn’t like his dad was trying hide his blackness or some other BS

but all you gotta do is look at the person’s hair to tell what the deal is

Last edited:
Idk, hair doesn’t really indicate anything. You can be white passing with kinky hair or have complexion with straight hair.

I thought it was teenage rebellion to kind of reject what he was brought up in and just do what his friends did. Especially initially when they showed his room and kind of showed his interests which are not traditionally things I think the audience would associate as black things. But then when I realized it had to be a little deeper, on some self-hatred or embarrassment being black at the very least when you find out that none of his social circle knew he was black.

I don’t think parents had anything to do with that. I think it was how he felt about himself. Or he was just very immature and wanted to fit in and was willing to hide things about himself to get in with certain crowds (well-off white kids in HS, black kids in juvie)

I’ve been thinking about this episode all day

Idk, hair doesn’t really indicate anything. You can be white passing with kinky hair or have complexion with straight hair.

I thought it was teenage rebellion to kind of reject what he was brought up in and just do what his friends did. Especially initially when they showed his room and kind of showed his interests which are not traditionally things I think the audience would associate as black things. But then when I realized it had to be a little deeper, on some self-hatred or embarrassment being black at the very least when you find out that none of his social circle knew he was black.

I don’t think parents had anything to do with that. I think it was how he felt about himself. Or he was just very immature and wanted to fit in and was willing to hide things about himself to get in with certain crowds (well-off white kids in HS, black kids in juvie)

I’ve been thinking about this episode all day

nah.. what I’m talking about with the hair is the clearly black kids

the set who hang around predominantly white people.. so the girls are going to hair dressers who dont usually deal with black hair.. the dudes are going to barbers who rarely cut black hair

a black person cant just roll up in a super cuts and expect sh to go right

I can’t speak on that. I’m a military kid and the post barbershops I went to growing up had all different types of barbers and clientele. Obviously military cuts are a certain look but all were more than qualified to handle most hair textures.

You are probably aren’t wrong though, I just can’t relate

And if the hair ain’t a give away

the actions will come quick

before sage Steele said that dumb shh about Obama, this happened:

1652508227875.jpeg

It's more satire than a criticism or dialogue which I think ppl just not getting

but even if I approach it from that perspective, the focus should be on those who are defining blackness in the first place

and it’s not a huge step to juxtapose blackness being defined now under the episode‘s criteria vs the persecutions faced in the Jim Crow south and the whole “one drop rule”

but you could just look at Colin kaepernick, he has actually taken steps to directly help various aspects of the black community along with taking a legit stand against issues

and then you had Jason Whitlock and Marcellus Wiley attack dude on fox sports and other platforms because he’s light skin and was adopted by his white parents

kaep is not only a black man in America.. but dude is speaking to issues that affect black people in that country along with actually taking steps to try to help other black people

while you got Whitlock who was showing up on Fox News at that point questioning dude’s blackness to try and save his career and remain relevant

Back
Top Bottom