Galaxy 10.1 Tab or iPad 2?

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

i am using my ipad1 more than my ipad2
the ipad is a useless device unless it is jail broken and the latest update makes it impossible to jb.
personally having no flash doesnt bother me
ill give the edge to the galaxy tab for beefier specs

but since its for you and your WIFE, i recommend the ipad instead.
very important aspect: the wifey

I think I'm gonna go with the iPad. While I'm pretty tech savvy and know what I'm doing, I feel that the iPad would be an easier experience for the wifey. I want her to enjoy it and use it as well. It's a "we" thing now and I gotta include her in these decisions.

I appreciate the input from you guys. If there's other info, please post, I'm interested to know and would like to be more informed on the subject.

Ipad.  
Hardware and specs are largely overrated.  At the end of the day, most tablets aren't all that different.
What does matter however is the software and support.  That's why I have an Ipad, and why you should have one as well.  Until any other contender develops a marketplace as robust as Apple's, or curries the favor of the majority of software developers, there is no other option.

Again guys, the wifey will be using this. She isnt the most tech savvy person.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

don't baby her. she can learn. but w.e, if the iPad makes you happy then go for it.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

don't baby her. she can learn. but w.e, if the iPad makes you happy then go for it.
Well my brother also has one too, figured connectivity with him would be easier too.

copped iPad 2 for me and the lady couple days ago. As for flash, I don't even notice that its not there. Even youtube works flawless without it.

I'm a big Google user. what's the integration like for current iPad users? And what about when iOS 5 comes out?
You can do Mail, Contacts, and Calendars from inside iOS with gmail intergrated with Exchange to get push notifications for email, which G-mail built in to iOS does not push to your device.

I have an iPad 2. I love it. I use it for school, which Pages & Numbers, Apple equal to Word and Excel. Internet browsing in iOS 5 is such an improvement and that should be coming out in the next month or so. And it will be jailbroken soon enough because they have had the beta jailbroken for sometime now.

And for the wifey, as I see it, these days; everyone that picks up an iDevice (iPod touch, iPad, iPhone) they already know what to do because they have probably used it for a few minutes on someone's to see how they like it. And with a touch screen and 1 button; learning is not that tough.

Go with the iPad.

Back
Top Bottom