Are these gonna be a hypebeast item?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I hope not

• Total voters
the memph blue's are monotonous and boring. all blue (not to mention GR). the galaxies, on the other hand, are the sickest rookies of them all (not to mention limited) including the GITDs and max oranges IMO.

:lol:

You like one of them dudes who thinks just because a shoe is limited it looks better.

Wont be the next couple of months...but this trend cant go on for ever.  This holiday season through the spring of next year will be a real test though.  With a release every week whether it be Jordan, Foamposite no way for even collectors to keep up, and Resellers have to sell to someone.. Don't get me wrong reselling may never end but I don't mind paying an extra 30 - 60 bucks to some guy who cops my size..... to me his time is worth something...but in the end if he loads up on so many shoes he has to unload somehow to free up his capital.  The only money in reselling is before the release and a couple days after for most shoes.  Rest of the time you can just wait and get what you want and pay a small premium.

True to a extent. As long as Nike keeps limiting sneakers the price will stay high. Ex if there is 400 pairs of these rookies people are going to get what they want for them. This is because there are 400 that will pay that premium price. Out of them 400 pairs yea a few will go for a decent price because you have them sellers that hustle backwards (spends his last $ to cop and has to sell asap to keep up with the next release) and you have the few sneakerhead head that cops 2 and sell 1 so his personal pair is always free. what also keeps the price up is your location. You have your average dude that likes sneaker but isn't about the bs. So if a pair of jays drop he will go into a store on 125, Fordham etc and cop for whatever price because he isn't going to associate himself with that camping, line, sneakerhead stuff. Just my 2 cents. Until Nike starts making more pairs (which is never) there really isn't going to be much chance.

Just keep your eyes open because there are deals out there

That release was really a pain in the ***.. First the purchase of the magazine app which honestly is a good read though.. Second is the thrill while you wait at the 7 pm ET for the shoes to go live...  The power of super tapping the add to cart button paid off.. Glad to copped 2 pairs of my size..

Personally I think they should've had the 1 pair limit, can't be having people order 2 pairs of limited shoes, pairs gonna be gobbled up way tooooo quick.

You like one of them dudes who thinks just because a shoe is limited it looks better.

not even, but maybe i came across that way? :nerd: :nerd:

to ur comment tho, i'd like to say that i think the sickest c/w's of rookies that have dropped so far are...

1. Galaxies
2. GITDs/Max Oranges
3. Atlantics

would u agree? maybe, maybe not. it's just MY opinion, but c'mon can u really sit here and argue that anthracites, dynamics, binaries or white/blacks are seeing any of those initial c/w's i listed, which just so happen to be the limited c/w's?? i think not. bottom line bro, i didn't make it this way. it just is what it is. :wink:

*EDIT*

naw but seriously when i went back and read my OG post i did kinda come across like a hypebeast

:rofl:

Last edited:

Lol. The only options for the black pods are NDC and 21Mercer? :rofl:

There will be some more unhappy people in a couple weeks.

I got a pair of the SC edition. But other than the direct Penny line (i.e Penny 1-5s and so on), I'm gonna slowly back out of the shoe game.. Its really becoming a hassle.

If the black pods r via exclusive twitter link again, I won't have a chance for that. Since nike started to release shoes this way, none of these via twitter link only releases allowed me to cop. Especially for this weekend, plus the rsvp, I was 0-4, real sad. :smh:

in the US the shoe game is definetly out of control, in Europe it is still ok! Never had problems coping any of the XI since the 2009 Space Jam release. You can do preorders 1 week in advance to the release and do cash upon delivery, so it is still quite customer friendly here and the customer should be king! But with all those Galaxy Foam videos it seems as if the customer is the rat who is blindly running after the cheese and taking every possible action in consideration to get the cheese and that is just wrong!

Honestly Nike should set up a website with all their future releases and then the end consumer can preorder. This automatically gives nike a forecast of sales and I think better planing!

I disagree with your last statement. 1) nike doesn't need preorder because it will sell out regardless. 2) a preorder system would still involve first come first serve mayhem. So instead of going crazy over the item itself, people are going crazy over preorder. Its just 1 additional unnecessary step.

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT A RESERVATION SYSTEM, NOT A PRE-ORDER.

A PRE-ORDER WOULD INVOLVE NIKE MAKING AS MANY SHOES AS THEY AMOUNT OF ORDERS THEY RECEIVE THEN DELIVERING THE SHOE TO YOUR HOUSE. KIND OF LIKE NIKE ID BUT FOR THEIR REGULAR RELEASES.

this is BUNS i can't beleive they won't even let us cop a pair of these smh.......... this makes you wanna rob someone thats has them on

I got a pair of the SC edition. But other than the direct Penny line (i.e Penny 1-5s and so on), I'm gonna slowly back out of the shoe game.. Its really becoming a hassle.

I am actually a Penny collector only.
Besides the Pennys I have the XI retro since 2009, but only due to the cool design and 5 Nike Shox Vince Carter shoes also due to the design, but the rest of the Nike Basketball shoes is totally uninteresting!

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT A RESERVATION SYSTEM, NOT A PRE-ORDER.
A PRE-ORDER WOULD INVOLVE NIKE MAKING AS MANY SHOES AS THEY AMOUNT OF ORDERS THEY RECEIVE THEN DELIVERING THE SHOE TO YOUR HOUSE. KIND OF LIKE NIKE ID BUT FOR THEIR REGULAR RELEASES.

Well they would have the pre order figures, plus the orders from stores plus a certain extra percentage for those who have not done any preorders!

not even, but maybe i came across that way? :nerd: :nerd:

to ur comment tho, i'd like to say that i think the sickest c/w's of rookies that have dropped so far are...
1. Galaxies
2. GITDs/Max Oranges
3. Atlantics
would u agree? maybe, maybe not. it's just MY opinion, but c'mon can u really sit here and argue that anthracites, dynamics, binaries or white/blacks are seeing any of those initial c/w's i listed, which just so happen to be the limited c/w's?? i think not. bottom line bro, i didn't make it this way. it just is what it is. :wink:
*EDIT*
naw but seriously when i went back and read my OG post i did kinda come across like a hypebeast
:rofl:

I hear you, it was the way you sounded and I was just playin' with you ******.

But IMO, the top 3 are.

1. Memphis Blue
2. SC GITD
3. White/Black

memphis blues at the top?? *insert gucci face*

*EDIT*

30aumbn.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I saw the Memphis Blue's for the first time in pics then Penny wearing them and fell in love.

Then during All-Star weekend, I saw some dude with them on...turned out to be Marc Dolce and I knew if I ever got the chance to get them, I would buy them and pay reseller price.

Doubled up when I saw them hit Swoosh, wear one almost every day while the other sits waiting for the 1st pair to die.

This is the pic I took of Marc Dolce wearing them back in February at Florida Mall.

Back
Top Bottom