Are these gonna be a hypebeast item?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I hope not

• Total voters
It all comes down to supply and demand. The alleged 400, (or whatever limit a special edition sneaker has) no where meets the demand, which causes mayhem. If the number produced was expanded to meet demand, there would be a lot more content customers, no insane resale prices, and Nike/etc would bring in more profit, simply due to quantity sold. There's a question of whether the masses would pay 200+ for a non-limited shoe, but most would probably pay close. Maybe prices are even reduced across the board, even better. The downside: the art of the hunt is diminished. You stroll in and out of a store, pay, leave, no big deal. With sufficient cash in hand, absolutely anyone can do the same. Your just buying a shoe, no longer the rare, prized pair of a collection. All the time and work one must put in searching/researching/waiting is null, as is the wildcard- luck. And thus, too gone, is the gratification of succeeding at the end of the journey. The mystique is lost...would you then still be hooked?

All just a hypothetical of course, never gonna happen...

yeah the sneaker bubble wont burst any time soon for one very important reason, ppl need to wear sneakers. sports cards and dolls,etc. are not necessary in peoples lives and mostly sit in a closet, but ppl have to wear sneakers which makes it more necessary and thus harder to burst the bubble

Sadly no single thread can dictate the price of shoes...unlike any other culture... you as a consumer decide how much over retail you'll pay for a shoe.  Yes hype plays a small part in this....but in the end the sneaker game is one culture where all races age groups and walks of life can connect... on a worldwide basis.  Which also means your competing with resellers, hypebeast and other sneakerheads for your size... every release.  All it takes is the first ebayer to ask for 1200.00 then everyone else follows suit. 

Of course that doesnt mean the shoes are worth that but lets say 3 or 4 people buy their shoes at 1200.00.  For all we know those buyers can be athletes/former athletes or just rich kids or collectors with money to burn... but what about the rest of us???   One must realize ebay has made it easy for millionares and random buyers to hide behind a user name.  This means you will never know who they are....And some of these guys are a part of the social scene and feel they have to keep an image....so 1200.00 is nothing to them.  Drug dealers and gangs still exist... do you know them behind an ebay id? No you dont.  Do these guys have cash to burn... of course they do...Realize your a part something much bigger than you.... Not to mention the shill bidding and Hype auctions which inflate the price of shoes....as well

In the end we all decide the value of a shoe.  Being an ebayer myself since 2000 I have seen so much change but soon this will implode... you can't have 60% or more of the people in line and online trying to resell to 40% without an implosion...especially when out of that 40% only 20% may be true sneakerheads.  The other 20% are Hypebeast, but Nike and Jordan Brand are going to kill that with releases almost every week.... and the limited hype can only last so long...  Mark my word...

How many times can you ride the HYPE roller coaster until it no longer thrills you?????   How many limited releases and even general releases until you walk away? With every month its something new whether it be from Nike or Jordan brand  its almost impossible to keep up....then you fight a losing battle to buy product for retail...Just be ready....

yeah the sneaker bubble wont burst any time soon for one very important reason, ppl need to wear sneakers. sports cards and dolls,etc. are not necessary in peoples lives and mostly sit in a closet, but ppl have to wear sneakers which makes it more necessary and thus harder to burst the bubble
In 2008 The Banks were saying the same thing... People need Houses more than shoes.... sports cards etc....and look what happened real estate bubble bust.. causing the greatest recession since the great Depression.   Then the Bailout of the Banks.  What will happen to the sneaker bubble.....bust and no bailout just Nike dropping shoes resellers copping and being stuck... you must understand NIKE and Jordan Brand Have to catch the next generation or they lose market share.  Resellers are also a burden to cop shoes we want. 

Yes people need to wear sneakers but guess how many shoes are out there other than NIKE?  Nike has a niche market...a target age group of Consumers... which as they get older don't want to deal with raffles, resellers and hype... and when these guys such as myself and you walk away we take our families and our kids and that buying power goes elsewhere. 

Understand Nike puts out a lot of crap.... Some cool designs and concepts do come across the table... but these are getting beat to death foamposites, foamposites pros jordan retros.. just roll over to the Jordan Brand thread and Look at all the Jordan 9's releasing in a time frame of 3 months.... over 9 colorways in 3 months you kidding me???? NEVER HAS THIS HAPPENED IN THE HISTORY OF THE BRAND!!!!  Nike knows something you don't.....research the sneaker drought from 2003 through 2009....  Look at how many limited releases during that time....No hype little social media few resellers..... this is a new recipe for disaster...

And how will you know the bubble has busted.... dont look at threads and forums..... look at Nike Stock.  Nike is a business and hit by tough economic times they have to find a way to keep you interested.  They want you thirsty they want you pissed you miss a release limited or general... they don't care if you get the shoes you want....they want your after tax dollars to build their corporation.  They want you to say well I missed this one more money to buy the next release because that is a shoe they have massed produced and have a larger profit margin on.  They have perfected the art to make us want something that is just leather/ plastic and glue.....Just want to drop some knowledge....

^ so what ur sayng is that in the next few months the snaker bubble will explode and prices in the resale market will fall drastically? that sounds like good news to me :D , i could care less about nikes stock

I love how Memphis Blue's are sitting and yet everyone snatched the Galaxy pair up...

the memph blue's are monotonous and boring. all blue (not to mention GR). the galaxies, on the other hand, are the sickest rookies of them all (not to mention limited) including the GITDs and max oranges IMO.

in the US the shoe game is definetly out of control, in Europe it is still ok! Never had problems coping any of the XI since the 2009 Space Jam release. You can do preorders 1 week in advance to the release and do cash upon delivery, so it is still quite customer friendly here and the customer should be king! But with all those Galaxy Foam videos it seems as if the customer is the rat who is blindly running after the cheese and taking every possible action in consideration to get the cheese and that is just wrong!
Honestly Nike should set up a website with all their future releases and then the end consumer can preorder. This automatically gives nike a forecast of sales and I think better planing!

true story fellow european.any idea if these gonna release in europe btw?

Last edited:
Jeannie: I apologize. I just did some additional research on the Zoom Rookies. The Nike x Sole Collector Galaxy Zoom Rookie, available only through the SC iPad app, sold out. Any questions about ordering this style should be directed to @************* on Twitter.
This is a very limited product, and it will not be available for purchase on Nike.com or with any other retailer.

Nike .com Chat

^ so what ur sayng is that in the next few months the snaker bubble will explode and prices in the resale market will fall drastically? that sounds like good news to me
happy.gif
, i could care less about nikes stock
Wont be the next couple of months...but this trend cant go on for ever.  This holiday season through the spring of next year will be a real test though.  With a release every week whether it be Jordan, Foamposite no way for even collectors to keep up, and Resellers have to sell to someone.. Don't get me wrong reselling may never end but I don't mind paying an extra 30 - 60 bucks to some guy who cops my size..... to me his time is worth something...but in the end if he loads up on so many shoes he has to unload somehow to free up his capital.  The only money in reselling is before the release and a couple days after for most shoes.  Rest of the time you can just wait and get what you want and pay a small premium.

Every big sneaker release, leads to a state of the sneaker market discussion. lol
LOL?  I know its somewhat funny to me as well but the truth is thats how we gauge where things are going right?  I live in Htown which is in the top 4 of sneaker markets.  I noticed for the Jordan GMP release that 65% of the packs ended up on craigslist... and 35% are still there.  These Galaxies instantly flooded ebay in small numbers... but we know based on trends that not many were made available to the public so numbers can be adjusted accordingly.  Guys that got 2 pair selling both. In the end I love kicks just as much as the next head...but I also know this time of HYPE releases and limited availability will in the end turn most of us away than it will draw us deeper.  Just my 2 cents though.

LOL?  I know its somewhat funny to me as well but the truth is thats how we gauge where things are going right?  I live in Htown which is in the top 4 of sneaker markets.  I noticed for the Jordan GMP release that 65% of the packs ended up on craigslist... and 35% are still there.  These Galaxies instantly flooded ebay in small numbers... but we know based on trends that not many were made available to the public so numbers can be adjusted accordingly.  Guys that got 2 pair selling both. In the end I love kicks just as much as the next head...but I also know this time of HYPE releases and limited availability will in the end turn most of us away than it will draw us deeper.  Just my 2 cents though.
Straight up, well said

Via Kicks on Fire:

http://www.kicksonfire.com/2012/09/..._medium=facebook&utm_campaign=kicksonfire.com

The Nike Zoom Rookie  “Galaxy” was originally set to release on October 6th but Nike  Sportswear has decided to push back the release till October 19th, 2012. The sneaker features the Galaxy color scheme that was popular months ago when the Nike Air Foamposite One  donned the same colorway. The sneaker also features Black nubuck along with Black pods and if you’re getting prepared to pick these up you better act fast and be at one of the select NSW accounts.

Nike  Zoom Rookie “Galaxy”
Black/Black-Action Red
558622-001
$215

Last edited:
and i agree three to five releases damn near every week is too much for me to keep up with

Back
Top Bottom