Game 2: Houston Rockets (5) @ Portland Trailblazers (4) 4/21 10:00EST NBATV (HOU 1-0)

Game 2 on NBATV..
sick.gif

With that said, like a lot of people figured out before game 1, if you don't front Yao, you're in for a long day. It all came to fruition, as, Yao hada field day against Pryzbilla, LA and Oden, who tried to play him straight up. Yao got off to a hot start, and the rest of the Rockets followed. It reallywas pretty much over after the 1st quarter. The Blazers did try to front Yao in the second half, but Chris Rock, I mean, Aaron Brooks shot lights out. As aresult, Yao didn't even really play the second half.

Now, the Rockets are not going to come out firing like they did in game 1, but, nothing's really changed. The Blazers still have prototypical bigs, andnone of them are really agile enough to front Yao on a consistent basis. Yao will continue to get position, and if the Blazers bring the double team, I thinkthe Rockets have enough shooters to kill 'em with the 3 ball. Because the Blazers have the type of bigs that they do, it gives Dikembe burn, as he canmatch up. He's barely played at all this year, but he was a glass cleaner in game 1. All your boards belong to Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo MukambaJean-Jacques Wamutombo. We even got to see a few finger wags.
o7kieh.gif
pimp.gif

Scola more then held his own against LA, rendering him useless. Like I said in the game 1 thread, LA is more of a jump shooter, back to the basket type ofplayer. Scola can hold his own against a player like him defensively. On the flipside though Scola is too shifty for LA to guard. LA doesn't have thelateral quickness.

Looking back, everybody on the Blazers played timid, like they had stage fright, in game 1, minus Roy. It was a physical game, and the Blazers shied awayafter they weren't getting calls, and started to settle for jumpers. That's not really the Blazers game, as they like to wear you down and beat youwith their depth. Their depth was a no show in game 1.

All in all, I expect the Blazers to play better in game 2, but how does a young team like the Blazers handle all this pressure? Especially getting blown outthe way they did in game 1? Game 2 is a must win for them, as, they will not be winning any games in H-Town. The Rockets are 33-9 at home, and I readsomewhere that the only above .500 teams that the Blazers beat this year on the road were a Manu-less Spurs team, and a CP3-less Hornets team. That's it. If that is the case, and the Rockets win game 2, bring out the brooms.

pimp.gif

rockets been having the blazers number

if it werent for brandon roy's hail mary 3, blazers wouldve gotten swept in the reg seasons. yes, it was threg season, but the blazers dont match up wellv. rockets

they got nobody that can stay in front of brooks
ron ron and shane will wear roy out throughout the whole gm

imo, this and the la/uth series will be quick

Just send out the bench against Portland. The Rockets match up so well with them they stand no chance against anyone on the Rockets. Why not rest the startersfor the Lakers since this series is over.
laugh.gif

Edit: For Rip City, this one will be on KGW Ch. 8 if you didn't know. It is also in HD, screw NBA TV.

Since the Rockets wont shoot 71% the first half, or whatever ridiculous % it was, it'll be a much closer game.
The only thing we need to worry about is actually limiting how many times Yao gets the ball.

hopefully we can start fronting yao alot more this game, and id also like to see bayless given some more minutes off the bench to guard brooks, cause he got bysergio at will (blake too).
bayless played the best defense out of the three guards against brooks, staying with him and even making a nice block on him.

id like to see oden and aldridge playing together more often as well because whenever aldridge was posting up scola, yao would sag off alot since pryz isnt anyoffensive threat.
i like what i saw from oden. he was much more patient on offense, id like to feed him the ball continuously and have our offense flow through him, whenever yaois out of the game (hopefully yao gets into foul trouble).
someone off the bench needs to step up, and we need to get Rudy more than 3 fg attempts this game.

i dont see houston coming out nearly as hot this game, and maybe some other blazers show up to play, so this should be (hopefully) be a much closer game.

a win would do everything to give blazers confidence, letting them put the first game far out of their minds, making this a series and let them think theycould steal one at houston.
a loss..... and blazers have a couple must wins in a tough place to play, and the series definetly goes to houston.

how the blazers play tommorow will show us alot about the team, but nonetheless, its been an awesome year, greatly exceeding expectations. we tied for secondplace in the west, and tied for the division. with the further development of oden, bayless, and the return of webster, it can only go up from here

I fully expect Portland to come out and play with an urgency. I believe gm. 1 was an aberration and I can't see the Rockets repeating that greatperformance.
I'm keeping things in perspective and I realize Portland is a young team that has great talent so it wouldn't surprise if they win tomorrow but if therockets can
continue to feed the ball to Yao, even when they front, they should have a pretty good chance tomorrow night. Also Ron has to not jack up shots, when he
plays within the frame of offense and isn't dribbling out the shot clock the rockets are so much better. Like I said Portland is a great young team, theycould push this series
to 7 or be swept, it's up to them. But if the Rockets win tomorrow it's a wrap.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Just send out the bench against Portland. The Rockets match up so well with them they stand no chance against anyone on the Rockets. Why not rest the starters for the Lakers since this series is over.
laugh.gif

Edit: For Rip City, this one will be on KGW Ch. 8 if you didn't know. It is also in HD, screw NBA TV.
nice! I was worried for a sec.

I can't believe how bad we got our butts beat. Roy was the only player that didn't look soft out there. Everybody else had Kool-Aid in their veins. I would like to see Bayless get some more meaningful PT because he has so much heart and energy that he could potentially get us more amped.

Stupid AT&T U-verse doesn't even have NBATV, looks like I'll be watching it on the local channel where I get to hear Clyde's off the wallcommentary lol. Hopefully our Rockets will "club them like baby seals" haha. "Rox fans know what Im talkin about

Im watching TNT right now and they said the game is today?
I checked NBATV and they have a game schedules but the teams are TBA..
Can anybody help me out? I dnt wanna miss the game!!

Originally Posted by jgalan713

Im watching TNT right now and they said the game is today?
I checked NBATV and they have a game schedules but the teams are TBA..
Can anybody help me out? I dnt wanna miss the game!!

Tuesday

Look for the "Twin Towers" in game 2. Nate said he is gonna look to use Pryz and Oden at the same time.

H-Town got this and were the originators of real twin towers wit Olajuwon and Sampson.. And we could break out our own twin towers also wit Mutombo and Yao.. They been resting Mutombo for the playoffs and he's good.. Rockets in 5.

Yeah, I gotta find a stream somewhere.
laugh.gif
SMH

I honestly think the Rockets will take game 2, all bias aside.

I hope Nate does play Oden and Pryzbilla at the same time. That's a slow front court. Scola + Landry will out quick both them dudes on the offensiveend/glass.

I think the pressure will be too much for the young Blazers squad.

Can someone tell me, if theres a HD on the NBATV? I have comcast digital cable and my nbatv isnt high definition SMH

I have all the other channels on HD...does anyone know if the NBATV HD channel is a separate channel from the NBATV regular channel?

Thanks

Cant wait 'till tonight's game! But as we all know it should be more challenging to get the W tonight.

Back
Top Bottom