Game 2: Houston Rockets (5) @ Portland Trailblazers (4) 4/21 10:00EST NBATV (HOU 1-0)

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by ShaunJon

I blame Rick Adelman for this loss. He had to know adjustments were coming for Yao and he still couldn't find a way to get him the ball. That plus all the missed freethrows hurt us. Oh well, at least we got one in Portland. Good game Blazers, see you Friday
fronting yao has been a problem for EVERY coach who has coached yao. unless yao can go out to 20ft and bust those jumpers, fronting will be his kryptonite. i expect the blazers to do this every game. yao will be negated. it's going to be a tough series. but portland is still too inexperienced to take this series.

Yea but you hear Yao and Adelman say after every game "we have a plan for fronting, it just wasn't executed the right way". Just throw the balloff the backboard and let Yao catch it for the easy dunk. They should try it at least once

I have never felt that Adleman was right type of coach for the rockets and was a bit confused by the hiring. Even when they play well this rockets team hasnever quite got it in their heads that Yao is the man.

Originally Posted by jumpmanfeva

^If Roy had to do that much and we missed 10 FTs + horrible refs, then its definitely a wrap! I'll be at game 3 at the Toyota Center! Cant WAIT!!!!!!
laugh.gif
at all the Rockets fans thinking the refs gave all thecalls to Portland. It was looking like game one all over again for Portland. Yao should have fouled out in this game, all 3 of Portlands KEY big men had 5fouls at least. Joel and LMA had 5, Oden fouled out. %*!$, Portland just kept getting those calls ALL NIGHT! It was AWESOME!... I hope the Rockets feel thesame way as all the fans do and game plan that way because that would be awesome. Acting like that was Portland and Roys best game of the season and that thegame was "that" close at the end. It was a 10 point win and Brooks was getting really lucky with all those desperation 3's in garbage time. Ithought Warrior's fans were bad, but I will apologize to them. Rockets fans are the worst on NT.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I have never felt that Adleman was right type of coach for the rockets and was a bit confused by the hiring. Even when they play well this rockets team has never quite got it in their heads that Yao is the man.

I've never understood that either. It always seems like yao is considered the number 2 option at best when he should always be the main focal point,always. Not to knock on anybody but he should be averaging more than 19.7 points per game IMO. Part of that might have been due to injuries and what not buthe is better than that and it seems to me like the organization hasn't ever fully grasped that.

Back
Top Bottom