Games that the "better" team did not win. Vol.Playoff & Championship Games/Series

Ok, I can somewhat agree with that.

But, Ugeth Urbina getting some very favorable strike calls against Soriano with two on in the bottom of the ninth helped sway game 1. Braden Looper talking the umps ear out the night before about balls and strikes then getting his calls in the 11th inning of game 4. Wells leaving after one inning, Giambi and Soriano on the bench and the Yanks botching a rundown giving the Marlins two runs in game 5. My point is, 9 times out of 10 or even 8 times out of 10 those things aren't happening. So because Beckett shut them down in game 6, that means the better team won? I don't agree with that.

Proshares, weren't the Marlins the hottest team going into the post season in 03? If my memory serves me right they had the best record from the All-Star break til the end of the season. I think the only reason you're saying the Yankees were a better team is because nobody thought Florida would take it all. You don't see me crying about my Tigers losing to the Cardinals in 06.
laugh.gif

Proshares, weren't the Marlins the hottest team going into the post season in 03? If my memory serves me right they had the best record from the All-Star break til the end of the season. I think the only reason you're saying the Yankees were a better team is because nobody thought Florida would take it all. You don't see me crying about my Tigers losing to the Cardinals in 06.
laugh.gif

They definitely were. A lot of luck came into play for them to ultimately win out if that makes sense. I do believe top to bottom, position for position that they did have the better team. But hey, I've always been bitter that the Beckett game was the last WS game at the old Stadium so maybe that plays into it
laugh.gif

They definitely were. A lot of luck came into play for them to ultimately win out if that makes sense. I do believe top to bottom, position for position that they did have the better team. But hey, I've always been bitter that the Beckett game was the last WS game at the old Stadium so maybe that plays into it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Statis22

I like to think that if you are in a championship setting and you so happen to win then you are the better team. Only case I can see is as if the "favored" team would win that particular matchup more times than naught and the underdog was just the better team that day like that Atlanta/Minnesota playoff game posted.

That's my angle on the post.  There are not many teams in the NHL to me better than the Capitals but every year they falter in the playoffs.  I think they win those series 8/10.

Yea I went with that angle because at some point I knew somebody would bring up the Miami/Ohio State NC from 2002. I like to feel that if they played 10 times they'd probably split but no big talent difference from either team. That Buckeye defense was legit and I had no reason to believe that if they played a week later that they couldn't do that again. It was how they won games all season.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Statis22

I like to think that if you are in a championship setting and you so happen to win then you are the better team. Only case I can see is as if the "favored" team would win that particular matchup more times than naught and the underdog was just the better team that day like that Atlanta/Minnesota playoff game posted.

That's my angle on the post.  There are not many teams in the NHL to me better than the Capitals but every year they falter in the playoffs.  I think they win those series 8/10.

Yea I went with that angle because at some point I knew somebody would bring up the Miami/Ohio State NC from 2002. I like to feel that if they played 10 times they'd probably split but no big talent difference from either team. That Buckeye defense was legit and I had no reason to believe that if they played a week later that they couldn't do that again. It was how they won games all season.

Also another example but sorta loosely is one team being "better" but the other team has the best player overall.

Like I seen the Padres ride Kevin Brown to the 98 World Series and there is absolutely no way you can't convince me that they were better than the 98 Astros when they beat us.
laugh.gif

Also another example but sorta loosely is one team being "better" but the other team has the best player overall.

Like I seen the Padres ride Kevin Brown to the 98 World Series and there is absolutely no way you can't convince me that they were better than the 98 Astros when they beat us.
laugh.gif

1997 Arizona Wildcats beating the Jayhawks, Tar Heels, and Kentucky Wildcats, all number one seeds and superior teams imo.

1997 Arizona Wildcats beating the Jayhawks, Tar Heels, and Kentucky Wildcats, all number one seeds and superior teams imo.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

2011 NBA playoffs -  Portland Trailblazers vs. Dallas Mavericks AKA Refgate. 
30t6p3b.gif

Game 1, specifically. What could have been
30t6p3b.gif

+

2011 BCS Championship Game.

2010 World Cup Final. $###%## octopus
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by University of Nike

2011 NBA playoffs -  Portland Trailblazers vs. Dallas Mavericks AKA Refgate. 
30t6p3b.gif

Game 1, specifically. What could have been
30t6p3b.gif

+

2011 BCS Championship Game.

2010 World Cup Final. $###%## octopus
30t6p3b.gif

quintana vs paul williams for the welter weight championship
chad dawson vs jean pascal for i think the light heavy weight

giants/patriots
um/ohio

quintana vs paul williams for the welter weight championship
chad dawson vs jean pascal for i think the light heavy weight

giants/patriots
um/ohio

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

I have to agree with this. A Super Bowl or a National Championship game yes, but a best out of 7 always sees the better team winning. 

thats not true if the two team are close in skill level especially if a series goes to game 7........but if the two teams arent close in skill then yea the best team will win
then the losing  team is Not better...

Originally Posted by DT43

why do u say that? if it goes to a game 7 then all it takes is one game to win right? no two teams are 100% even with each other in skill, so are u saying theres a 0% chance that the slightly lesser skilled team wins that game?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

I have to agree with this. A Super Bowl or a National Championship game yes, but a best out of 7 always sees the better team winning. 

thats not true if the two team are close in skill level especially if a series goes to game 7........but if the two teams arent close in skill then yea the best team will win
then the losing  team is Not better...

Originally Posted by DT43

why do u say that? if it goes to a game 7 then all it takes is one game to win right? no two teams are 100% even with each other in skill, so are u saying theres a 0% chance that the slightly lesser skilled team wins that game?

Back
Top Bottom