gang member Attacks Family Leaves 7-Year-Old Black Girl Dead

Manhunt for White Male Killer Underway in Houston After Attack on Family Leaves 7-Year-Old Black Girl Dead
By
Tanasia Kenney
-
December 31, 2018

Police are investigating a shooting outside a Walmart store in Houston, Texas, that left a 7-year-old girl dead and several others injured. Now an urgent manhunt is underway for her killer, who is described as a bearded white man in his 40s.

Harris County authorities said Jazmine Barnes was fatally shot as she and her mother left a Walmart parking lot early Sunday morning, ABC 13 reported. The girl’s mother, LaPorsha Washington, was also struck but survived the attack. Three teenage girls, believed to be relatives, were also in the car at the time and suffered minor injuries.

Untitled-30-600x357.png

Harris County authorities said a 40-something white male suspect pulled up beside LaPorsha Washington’s car and began shooting into the vehicle. (Image courtesy of ABC 13)

“Please keep this family in your prayers,” Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez tweeted Sunday night. “A total of 5 occupants in the car witnessed this innocent child, their loved one, shot and killed before their eyes. So senseless. It’s never easy, and extra hard during the holiday season.”

According to deputies, Barnes was killed when the unknown suspect pulled up beside her mom’s car around 7 a.m. in a red pickup truck and opened fire. Washington sped away on a feeder road, then made a U-turn and entered the toll road before coming to stop on the shoulder.

A motive for the shooting remains unclear. Authorities are now working to determine if the shooting was targeted or at random.

The killer, who remains at large, is considered “armed and dangerous,” police Major Jesse Razo told reporters this week. He said detectives are now scouring the area and checking surveillance video for any possible evidence.

“We’re going to use all resources available to bring this killer to justice,” before urging the suspect to surrender. “Someone who does something like that will eventually talk about it, and we need anyone with information to come forward. Because we will be looking for you, we will locate you, we will find you.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Harris County Sheriff’s Office 713-222-TIPS.

what they been saying on the local news about it
1st time hearing/reading about this from the thread you made. :smh:

Im briefing myself with a google search at least 40 minute drive from my place where this happened.

Gonna stay in the loop till they catch this guy and give him the chair.

Fing coward.

I live in the same harris county where this senesless act happened. I hope they mf’er before he does anything else.

Damn...I’m supposed to be going out tonight. Got me feeling some type of way..

RIP

blastercombo blastercombo was just talking about how the midwest was on some **** in the gentrification thread too...

RIP :smh:

I hope the family finds him before the feds. I hope they take their time with him too...

blastercombo blastercombo was just talking about how the midwest was on some **** in the gentrification thread too...

RIP :smh:

I hope the family finds him before the feds. I hope they take their time with him too...
Dude I’m dead serious, I don’t advise anyone of color to move to any republican state. They just so happen to be mostly in the Midwest. Its not worth it

Last edited:
Dude I’m dead serious, I don’t advice anyone of color to move to any republican state. They just so happen to be mostly in the Midwest. Its not worth it

Unfortunately your advice is 1year to late for me. Already setting up my plans back to nyc in 2019.

native texans don’t really value time or people’s lives from my perspective.

That **** is wild sad.
Every new year the mom gonna think about this a lil more.

The killer needs to be melted slowly.

Last edited:
Unfortunately your advice is 1year to late for me. Already setting up my plans back to nyc in 2019.

native texans don’t really value time or people’s lives from my perspective.

I’ve been working in Texas a lot lately. Definitely a change of pace from LA and NYC from what I’ve seen. Way too conservative for my liking too. I went to the state fair a few months back and I probably saw like 8 MAGA hats being worn by old white men while I was there.

But this is F’d up. Shooting little kids. What type of coward chump **** is that.

Heard Austin wasn't too bad.

And searching for a red pickup in Texas ... Damn needle in a haystack.

Texas authorities have charged a man in the fatal shooting of a black 7-year-old girl, whose death captured national attention and sparked a manhunt for the killer.

In a statement early Sunday, the Harris County Sheriff’s Office announced that 20-year-old Eric Black Jr. was charged with capital murder in Jazmine Barnes’s death. He was identified as a suspect based on a tip, police said, adding that Black later admitted he was involved in the shooting.

Investigators are chasing leads that could result in more suspects being charged.

Many, including Merritt, speculated that the crime was racially motivated based on early witness accounts of the suspect — who was described by authorities as a “thin white man” in his 30s or 40s.

“The family is still really grateful that it seems law enforcement has identified the shooter,” Merritt said. “However, all the information up until yesterday has been that the shooter was an older white male in a red truck, that came from not only one of the victims, 15-year-old Alexis, but from an eyewitness nearby.”

He added, “We had at least four independent witnesses who believed the shooter in this situation was a white male . . . to learn that it wasn’t isn’t disappointing, but it is surprising.”

Alexis Dilbert, Jazmine’s 15-year-old sister, told ABC 13 in Houston after the shooting that she saw the shooter’s face. Washington, the mother, told reporters that the shooter was a white man with blue eyes who was so skinny that he looked “sick.”

Officials also released a video of a red pickup truck that they believed the shooter was driving.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...rection/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0a125d6f6081

How is a black dude charged when they were looking for a white man? Is he linked to the family?

Back
Top Bottom