Garnett wins DPOY

Congrats to KG .

I seriously though Shane Battier has a legit chance at this award.

I dont agree with Marcus Camby coming in 2nd place this year especialy how bad the Nuggets team D has been this year.

I didn't really think about KG when considering DPOY.

I thought it was between Camby and Battier.

Still well deserved.

The thing is, about KG not being clutch, well maybe not on the offensive end, but instead of hitting game winners, he gets game winning blocks and steals.

Props to KG, well deserved.

Should have done that in the purple and gold though.
frown.gif

That ougt to piss a few poeple off.
laugh.gif

LA seems to be doing just fine without him.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Well deserved, he even made his entire team step up ddefensively.

Co-sign. Was gonna say the same exact thing. I'm glad he at least gets this award.

And finals MVP
pimp.gif

I am sorry but not deserved.... DPOY award should have gone to the refs this year that officiated every Boston game....

Its one thing to give superstar calls to superstars but if Glen Davis and Powe murder a player and there is no call? enh enh.... The refs set the tone forBoston to get away with murder the whole year...

Simply disgusting...

I got 4 words for you...

Stern gave the orders.....

[table][tr][td]Kevin Garnett, Boston[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]493[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Marcus Camby, Denver[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]178[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Shane Battier, Boston[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]175[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bruce Bowen, San Antonio[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]80[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]40[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Josh Smith, Atlanta[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]34[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris Paul, New Orleans[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]24[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dwight Howard, Orlando[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]24[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tim Duncan, San Antonio[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]22[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tayshaun Prince, Detroit[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tyson Chandler, New Orleans[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rasheed Wallace, Detroit[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Richard Hamilton, Detroit[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Samuel Dalembert, Philadelphia[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Raja Bell, Phoenix[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rajon Rondo, Boston[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chauncey Billups, Detroit[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kyle Lowry, Memphis[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ron Artest, Sacramento[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Andrei Kirilenko, Utah[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][/table]
Looks like it'll shakedown like:

1st team:
C- Camby
PF- KG
SF- Bowen
SG- Battier
G- CP3or Bryant

2nd team:
C- Howard
PF-Timmay
F- Prince
F- Smith
G- Bryant or Paul

3rd team:
C- Chandler
F- Dalembert
F- Wallace
G- Bell
G- Hamilton

Can't argue a damn thing there, good lists.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

I didn't really think about KG when considering DPOY.

I thought it was between Camby and Battier.

Still well deserved.

How is it still well deserved if you didnt even consider him for DPOY?
laugh.gif

Camby's team doesn't stop ANYBODY though....KG changed the ENTIRE demeanor of the Celtics. He had guys hounding the ball...intensity level was amazingEVEN when they played the Bobcats or whoever and you can't ever tell me they took a night off. Ray is the only guy I'd say visibly coasted at times,but then again, maybe he's just that smooth....

I would've been perfectly fine with Chandler or Battier because they get no recognition for their efforts -- which don't show up in the box score. Theamount of shots Chandler changes around the basket or the amount of times Battier makes a player get the ball in an uncomfortable spot or even denies them theball altogether aren't even measurable, yet it goes to show how much they care about their defense to put out that effort and do it nightly.

Overall -- KG led the team with by far the best record...and nightly set the tone for the way they played. So I'd say it's much deserved.

I still Kobe or CP should get MVP because I didn't expect either team to do that well especially considering they play in the West...but KG is cool with meif he takes that one too.

Super Noblekane:
I am sorry but not deserved.... DPOY award should have gone to the refs this year that officiated every Boston game....

Its one thing to give superstar calls to superstars but if Glen Davis and Powe murder a player and there is no call? enh enh.... The refs set the tone for Boston to get away with murder the whole year...

Simply disgusting...

I got 4 words for you...

Is anyone getting tired of reading these types of responses from this guy?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Super Noblekane:

Its one thing to give superstar calls to superstars but if Glen Davis and Powe murder a player and there is no call? enh enh.... The refs set the tone for
Boston to get away with murder the whole year...

Simply disgusting...

I got 4 words for you...

Oh the irony.... Ska do you have a bone to pick with me? The last few threads you been trying to come at me for no reason AT ALL... I will not waste my timearguing with you...

Originally Posted by Super Noblekane

Its one thing to give superstar calls to superstars but if Glen Davis and Powe murder a player and there is no call? enh enh.... The refs set the tone for Boston to get away with murder the whole year...

Simply disgusting...

I got 4 words for you...

laugh.gif
eek.gif

I don't even know what to say about this....yes I do...its called dumb, stupid, crazy etc....

Super Noblekane:

Its one thing to give superstar calls to superstars but if Glen Davis and Powe murder a player and there is no call? enh enh.... The refs set the tone for

Simply disgusting...

I got 4 words for you...

Oh the irony.... Ska do you have a bone to pick with me? The last few threads you been trying to come at me for no reason AT ALL... I will not waste my time arguing with you...

Because you know you'll lose.
laugh.gif
Sorry, just here toinstigate.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Super Noblekane wrote:

Simply disgusting...

I got 4 words for you...

laugh.gif
eek.gif

I don't even know what to say about this....yes I do...its called dumb, stupid, crazy etc....

so tell me...what made this guy stand out and be awarded dpoy Mister Knowledge?

Can ANYBODY tell me what made this guy stand out and be awarded this award?

Super Noblekane:

Simply disgusting...

I got 4 words for you...

its his opinion so let it be.

i too didn't see this coming and expected maybe battier to win it, but when you put it into perspective of how the WHOLE TEAM demeanor on the defensiveend changed when KG came, it is well deserved.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Super Noblekane wrote:

23ska909red02 wrote:

Super Noblekane:

Its one thing to give superstar calls to superstars but if Glen Davis and Powe murder a player and there is no call? enh enh.... The refs set the tone
for

Simply disgusting...

I got 4 words for you...

Oh the irony.... Ska do you have a bone to pick with me? The last few threads you been trying to come at me for no reason AT ALL... I will not waste my time
arguing with you...

Because you know you'll lose.
laugh.gif
Sorry, just here to
instigate.

of course i'll lose... He's an administrator...

Super Noblekane:

Simply disgusting...

I got 4 words for you...

Ska, you got the power....

[bobby bonilla] Make ya move....[/bobby bonilla]

My dude NobleKane stay on that conspiracy theory stuff when it comes to the L.
laugh.gif

Props to Shane getting third.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

23ska909red02 wrote:

Super Noblekane:

Simply disgusting...

I got 4 words for you...

its his opinion so let it be.

i too didn't see this coming and expected maybe battier to win it, but when you put it into perspective of how the WHOLE TEAM demeanor on the defensive
end changed when KG came, it is well deserved.

But thats my whole point. How can you justify an award by word of mouth and how this guy changed the whole demeanor of the team? Isnt that what COY awards arefor? His stats arent exactly DPOY type.... Seriously...

Originally Posted by tupac003

Super Noblekane wrote:

Simply disgusting...

I got 4 words for you...

laugh.gif
eek.gif

so tell me...what made this guy stand out and be awarded dpoy Mister Knowledge?

Can ANYBODY tell me what made this guy stand out and be awarded this award?

He took a team that was horrible at best on D last year, and made them one of the best, if not thee best defenses in the entire league. He guarded everyonefrom Center to shooting guard if the need arose and he played at a high level every single game he played. He upped the level of D from all of his teammatesand that gives him the award.

Could you make a case for someone else? Sure. Battier. Chandler. Camby. But they were all with their teams last year and unfortunately you don't seethat improvement from one season to the next like we did with the Celtics. For that, he wins. No big deal, no reason to get banned arguing over it man. Becool.

Back
Top Bottom