Gas Prices

Was in LA for the first time last week, I thought things were ludicrous already here in the east coast going past $5… man y’all got it bad out there

wife commutes like an hour for this week and next. Gave her my gti.

The supercharged v6 isn’t so fun now is it! 🧏‍♂️

5.37 at my costco in Phoenix. About 57 bucks to fill up the civic. Good thing I work from home. I only have to fill up once or twice a month :lol:

Wrote an article on inflation in case anyone is interested. Everyone feels the pinch. Let me know what you think!

https://www.unbiasedopinions.net/post/why-s-t-costs-so-much
Title page.JPG

Man thats cheap 🥲.
Lowest i see where im at is $6.50.
Idk how some people doing it commuting to SF right now.
And it ain't coming down anytime soon. I'm hearing it's like 8/9 bucks in some parts of Cali- big yikes. Yeah bro commuting anywhere right now is pinching almost everybody, **** is nuts. And damn, $6.50? I hope we don't see those #'s here but won't be surprised if we do.

I hope it doesn't get to a point where people start stealing gas from other people's cars. I remember in the 80s some cars had a key lock on the gas lid
Only car I've seen this was my cousins 1998 Nissan Quest. When I first started driving, I borrowed it & wanted to fill it up but couldn't seem to unlock the cap & called my cousin who said there's a key for it in the glovebox. At that time(2013) I was like, really? Nowadays it would make perfect sense having that locking lid.

People that’s into cars still own cars with they cats on the car still?
My Challenger is catless & garaged so no worries there. Cat theft is pretty bad here in NYC man. Cops don't do **** about it. What about your area? Luckily no one wants the cat off my 26 year old Maxima :lol:
Idk, if they do it’s probably in a garage anyways.

I just know people are getting them stolen who park on the street. Everyone is going on and on about it.
My sis-in-law had hers stolen off her Accord right in front of their apt last Dec. Her cousin who has the same make & model Accord, had hers stolen right in front of her house last summer. My bro is a street mechanic & was working on a TSX like month n half ago & again, right from front of his apt the mofos took the cat. Ish is outta control here man. My boy told me he was doing a tow job in Corona, Queens & right in front of him there was a box truck filled with cats sky-high caged in. Dude drove right past a cop car with cops inside & they didn't blink an eye. How bad is it in your area? I read they are stealing gas around your way?...smh.

Priuses catalyc brings in the most money.
Got people out here with these.
Is that because hybrid Priuses have more of the precious metals mixture in em? How well do these cat cages work? Although it's garaged, I might need to get my dad one for his CR-V. Can these be cut off by n electric saw or similar power tool?

RIP Gaddafi :smh:
Yeah, gas prices in Middle East are always like $1.50-$2.75 American. They make close to 0 profit at home on gas as it's an export item for the most part. Though a lot of those Gulf nations give gas by the liter so it probably adds up rather quick.

My Challenger is catless & garaged so no worries there. Cat theft is pretty bad here in NYC man. Cops don't do **** about it. What about your area? Luckily no one wants the cat off my 26 year old Maxima :lol:
Same I haven’t had cats on my car no longer than 2 days after I bought it lol, replaced and sold them asap. Sadly out here in AZ, they steal cats frequently here, and I kinda feel bad because I hear so many Prius etc that sound straight pipe, which I know they didn’t do on purpose, just have no choice because it’s to expensive for most to wanna get some replacements after they get stolen.

My sis-in-law had hers stolen off her Accord right in front of their apt last Dec. Her cousin who has the same make & model Accord, had hers stolen right in front of her house last summer. My bro is a street mechanic & was working on a TSX like month n half ago & again, right from front of his apt the mofos took the cat. Ish is outta control here man. My boy told me he was doing a tow job in Corona, Queens & right in front of him there was a box truck filled with cats sky-high caged in. Dude drove right past a cop car with cops inside & they didn't blink an eye. How bad is it in your area? I read they are stealing gas around your way?...smh.
Yeah the cops won’t care unless they catch them in the act.

People steal cats all day, I don’t think the gas stealing is too bad though.

It got pretty bad around here with cats being stolen. I think at one point they hit a dealership pretty bad. People were getting outraged at the police but I’m not sure what they expect them to do, it’s not like they can stake out every vehicle in town :lol:

Luckily my truck hasn’t been hit but if it does I guess that’s an excuse for new exhaust :lol:

Same I haven’t had cats on my car no longer than 2 days after I bought it lol, replaced and sold them asap. Sadly out here in AZ, they steal cats frequently here, and I kinda feel bad because I hear so many Prius etc that sound straight pipe, which I know they didn’t do on purpose, just have no choice because it’s to expensive for most to wanna get some replacements after they get stolen.
How much did you sell em for? I have the pair of cats off my car just chilling...probably won't sell em & just hang onto them. Damn, even out in AZ it's bad huh- thieves are everywhere sadly. Yeah bro, Priuses' especially have it bad...think they have a higher concentration of the precious metals mix in them especially the Hybrid variants. Lol yup, a lot of straight piped Priuses' rollin around here too not by choice. My bro put on a straight pipe on his wife's Accord too for now until inspection rolls around. And yeah you're right it is an expensive fix like thousands according to the news. Who is to say your fix it & replace it with a new one & only a matter of time they or some other thieves take that one too.
Yeah the cops won’t care unless they catch them in the act.

People steal cats all day, I don’t think the gas stealing is too bad though.
Yeah pretty much. Theft in progress call comes in & by the time the cops arrive the thieves are long gone. Cat stealing has been around a long time but after the pandemic it's gone absolutely bat**** crazy just about coast to coast. I read it's bad in Canada/UK as well :smh: .

Lucked out with repeating 5% cash back on gas on two of my credit cards. Discover April through the end of June and Chase July through the end of September

Back
Top Bottom