Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by vanexellent

They way Refs screw Kobe you cant blame him for thinking one of them is of that orientation.

Seriously...the NBA was right for the fine but now they better be consistant with it. B-words should be fined for slurs againsts women, and N-words for slurs against blacks. Better yet how about techincals for profanity?
This.  When I go to a game and sit court side I hear more profanity coming from the opponent's coaches. How about fining $100,000 to the coaches too?  This Gay rights thing is starting to get on my nerves and pushing me further away from their cause. 
If the coaches got caught on camera saying f**, they would be fined too. Kobe got caught saying it, that's that.

Originally Posted by 916kid

i dont why they made a big deal about this. i thought kobe was...................

50964166.jpg

50500_279227866634_1483437_n.jpg

a team player

laugh.gif
your avy!

Youre-mad-Its-fine-be-mad-as-hell.jpg

Originally Posted by Big J 33

They way Refs screw Kobe you cant blame him for thinking one of them is of that orientation.

Seriously...the NBA was right for the fine but now they better be consistant with it. B-words should be fined for slurs againsts women, and N-words for slurs against blacks. Better yet how about techincals for profanity?
This.  When I go to a game and sit court side I hear more profanity coming from the opponent's coaches. How about fining $100,000 to the coaches too?  This Gay rights thing is starting to get on my nerves and pushing me further away from their cause. 
If the coaches got caught on camera saying f**, they would be fined too. Kobe got caught saying it, that's that.
If you can say "this gay rights thing is getting on my nerves", then chances are you weren't siding with their cause in the first place.... I don't think they'll miss your "support"

Na bra. I support the gays and all that due to my own brother being one, but they **%*%$@ complain too much smh

If you can say "this gay rights thing is getting on my nerves", then chances are you weren't siding with their cause in the first place.... I don't think they'll miss your "support"

Na bra. I support the gays and all that due to my own brother being one, but they **%*%$@ complain too much smh

How ya'll know he wasn't really calling dude a maggot? It's not like the Kenyon Martin vid when you could actually HEAR him say it

How ya'll know he wasn't really calling dude a maggot? It's not like the Kenyon Martin vid when you could actually HEAR him say it

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Last time i checked they weren't bein slaughtered, beat, rapped and enslaved
matthew sheppard comes to mind.  and how about all the kids in the news recently who have been bullied so badly that it's pushed them to suicide?  pretty sure if i searched long enough, i could find more examples.  it's a different struggle, sure, but in the end we're still talking about basic human rights here.

And if you know someone that is gay then you know they weren't born like that..
you're in luck, my friend.  as we speak, there is a REAL LIVE GAY PERSON in this very thread.  and he's here to tell you that at no point in his life did he make a choice to be like this. 

Most have had some type of trauma like childhood like being raped or they dude it for some other drastic reason.
i grew up in about as stable a household as there is.  2 working parents, 2 siblings, etc.  i can assure you it was a trauma-free childhood.  so i must have "chosen" to be gay "for some other drastic reason", right?

Last time i checked they weren't bein slaughtered, beat, rapped and enslaved
matthew sheppard comes to mind.  and how about all the kids in the news recently who have been bullied so badly that it's pushed them to suicide?  pretty sure if i searched long enough, i could find more examples.  it's a different struggle, sure, but in the end we're still talking about basic human rights here.

And if you know someone that is gay then you know they weren't born like that..
you're in luck, my friend.  as we speak, there is a REAL LIVE GAY PERSON in this very thread.  and he's here to tell you that at no point in his life did he make a choice to be like this. 

Most have had some type of trauma like childhood like being raped or they dude it for some other drastic reason.
i grew up in about as stable a household as there is.  2 working parents, 2 siblings, etc.  i can assure you it was a trauma-free childhood.  so i must have "chosen" to be gay "for some other drastic reason", right?

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

They really just fined dude, 100k for something he SAID? If I was him I'd sit out the playoffs.

so he looks like even more of a gay hater? I understand that people say such things out of frustration but it doesn't take away from the fact that some people were offended by it.

They really just fined dude, 100k for something he SAID? If I was him I'd sit out the playoffs.

so he looks like even more of a gay hater? I understand that people say such things out of frustration but it doesn't take away from the fact that some people were offended by it.

Yes I was.  I supported NO on Prop 8 in 2008 because I said... ok gays here to stay so give em what they want.  Prop 8 passed and the backlash I saw from the Gays were borderline disgusting and inappropriate.  Owners of businesses whom have a LEGAL right to vote the way they wanted were targeted and slandered by gays.  Here's an example...
[h1]Prop. 8 boycott talk spreads to movies and more[/h1]
icon-comments.gif
Comments (245)

(22)

(0)

November 13, 2008 | 12:04 pm

elcoyote.jpg

The boycott effort against businesses whose owners backed Proposition 8 appears to be picking up steam.

Dozens of groups have sprouted up on Facebook.com urging its members to boycott businesses -- restaurants, jewelry stores, car-repair shops and more. Other activists have gone onto Yelp.com and other business rating sites, posting messages telling users which restaurants donated to the "Yes on 8" campaign.

There has also been talk of a boycott of the Cinemark movie chain, whose CEO gave money to "Yes on 8." This could have a major effect on the Sundance Film Festival, which uses the chain's theaters to show movies.

The actions have alarmed supporters of Prop. 8, which banned gay marriage in California.

"Since Proposition 8’s victory, a series of protests against churches, small businesses and individual supporters of traditional marriage have taken place in cities across the state," Ron Prentice, chairman of ProtectMarriage.com, wrote in a statement. "Tragically, some opponents of Prop. 8 who claim to cherish tolerance and civil rights are unabashedly trampling on the rights of others. Protests and boycotts have taken place against a Hispanic restaurant owner in Los Angeles, African American religious leaders in the Bay Area, and a musical theater director in Sacramento, among many others."
http://
Robert Hoehn, vice president of Hoehn Motors in San Diego County, gave $25,000 of his own money to the Yes-on-8 campaign in February. And he called what followed “a really really ugly experience.

Man... This is outta hand

I think they only doing it cause it's Kobe, and the wanna crack down and set a example and Kobe is a big enough superstar to make an example of and shake everyone else.

I've heard players call refs and other players worst!

Shoot, when garnett called Charlie V. A cancer patient or whatever, no health agencies or nothing came out and said nothing

People just like to blow stuff up

Everyone says things they don't mean when they are mad or in the heat of the moment

People are called F***** all the time, it doesn't mean your gay.. It's new slang.

Was Kobe wrong? Yes

But it didn't need to go this far

Especially since we've all heard players say worst on tv.

Man... This is outta hand

I think they only doing it cause it's Kobe, and the wanna crack down and set a example and Kobe is a big enough superstar to make an example of and shake everyone else.

I've heard players call refs and other players worst!

Shoot, when garnett called Charlie V. A cancer patient or whatever, no health agencies or nothing came out and said nothing

People just like to blow stuff up

Everyone says things they don't mean when they are mad or in the heat of the moment

People are called F***** all the time, it doesn't mean your gay.. It's new slang.

Was Kobe wrong? Yes

But it didn't need to go this far

Especially since we've all heard players say worst on tv.

Yes I was.  I supported NO on Prop 8 in 2008 because I said... ok gays here to stay so give em what they want.  Prop 8 passed and the backlash I saw from the Gays were borderline disgusting and inappropriate.  Owners of businesses whom have a LEGAL right to vote the way they wanted were targeted and slandered by gays.  Here's an example...
[h1]Prop. 8 boycott talk spreads to movies and more[/h1]
icon-comments.gif
Comments (245)

(22)

(0)

November 13, 2008 | 12:04 pm

elcoyote.jpg

The boycott effort against businesses whose owners backed Proposition 8 appears to be picking up steam.

Dozens of groups have sprouted up on Facebook.com urging its members to boycott businesses -- restaurants, jewelry stores, car-repair shops and more. Other activists have gone onto Yelp.com and other business rating sites, posting messages telling users which restaurants donated to the "Yes on 8" campaign.

There has also been talk of a boycott of the Cinemark movie chain, whose CEO gave money to "Yes on 8." This could have a major effect on the Sundance Film Festival, which uses the chain's theaters to show movies.

The actions have alarmed supporters of Prop. 8, which banned gay marriage in California.

"Since Proposition 8’s victory, a series of protests against churches, small businesses and individual supporters of traditional marriage have taken place in cities across the state," Ron Prentice, chairman of ProtectMarriage.com, wrote in a statement. "Tragically, some opponents of Prop. 8 who claim to cherish tolerance and civil rights are unabashedly trampling on the rights of others. Protests and boycotts have taken place against a Hispanic restaurant owner in Los Angeles, African American religious leaders in the Bay Area, and a musical theater director in Sacramento, among many others."
http://
Robert Hoehn, vice president of Hoehn Motors in San Diego County, gave $25,000 of his own money to the Yes-on-8 campaign in February. And he called what followed “a really really ugly experience.

I edited that comment out of my post because I realized I don't know your personal views or past history with the gay rights cause, so speaking on it was ill-informed.

My mistake.

I edited that comment out of my post because I realized I don't know your personal views or past history with the gay rights cause, so speaking on it was ill-informed.

My mistake.

Was $100K fine really necessary? He made a mistake and should have to pay for it, but $100K really? I know he's a role model and thousands of kids look up to him and saw what he said, but that seems a little OD to me.

Was $100K fine really necessary? He made a mistake and should have to pay for it, but $100K really? I know he's a role model and thousands of kids look up to him and saw what he said, but that seems a little OD to me.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Can we atleast have a poll of who was offended? If we start fining athletes 100K everytime someone gets offended by something an athlete says out of frustration on the sideline there would be no sports.  

Can we atleast have a poll of who was offended? If we start fining athletes 100K everytime someone gets offended by something an athlete says out of frustration on the sideline there would be no sports.  

With fame and $$ comes certain responsibilities, right/wrong/justified... doesn't matter

As a famous athlete/celebrity it comes with the territory

With fame and $$ comes certain responsibilities, right/wrong/justified... doesn't matter

As a famous athlete/celebrity it comes with the territory

Originally Posted by cartune

can we get  a poll of who gets offended for other slurs while we're at it?

Back
Top Bottom