Gems: shoes that you have or had that rarely surface anymore

Grails
3DDE9A2D-909C-41E2-9249-E243919F2F9D.jpeg

2 I can’t find:

There was a retro of the Air Max 94 in 01 or 02 that was white, grey and red that I loved. No sign of those anywhere online.

There was a Bball shoe in the late 90s similar to the Flight One Mids that I can’t find anywhere.

2 I can’t find:

There was a retro of the Air Max 94 in 01 or 02 that was white, grey and red that I loved. No sign of those anywhere online.

There was a Bball shoe in the late 90s similar to the Flight One Mids that I can’t find anywhere.

This is NT man, someone will find them. Describe them more.

trethousandgt trethousandgt

prodigalson11 prodigalson11 you talking about Bursts?
m_5f0ba6844fd23ac6a1925951.jpg

Last edited:
This is NT man, someone will find them. Describe them more.

trethousandgt trethousandgt

prodigalson11 prodigalson11 you talking about Bursts?
m_5f0ba6844fd23ac6a1925951.jpg
Why the hell did Nike just vault the Bursts since the early 2000s, anyway? One of my favorite Air Max shoes and I haven’t had one in forever SMH. Maybe it’s because they don’t make the air bags like that anymore and they realize it would kill the shoe.

Why the hell did Nike just vault the Bursts since the early 2000s, anyway? One of my favorite Air Max shoes and I haven’t had one in forever SMH. Maybe it’s because they don’t make the air bags like that anymore and they realize it would kill the shoe.

No clue. I feel like Bursts are & have been a safe shoe for Nike to re-release. It's a clean/simple shoe that would do a lot better than numerous trash they've brought back instead.

2-nike-air-magnum-force-34-1992-omix-kicks-box.jpg
5-nike-air-magnum-force-34-1992-omix-kicks-box.jpg
My very first Nike shoe ever. I was 12 years old. A shoe probably nobody but me would want to see again. I thought I was on top of the world wearing these.
What’s the name of these shoes? I had the white/black ones in junior high and loved them!

Good thread to bring back/dig up. Similar to the Please Bring Back thread started by M marztharealist ..

As for Bursts.. it's very annoying. Those are a big fav. For me it's more so the Huarache Burst than the Air Max Burst but that midsole/sole is so versatile. They made AJ XI inspired Huarache Bursts in 2009 so I know they still had the work to make this happen but pretty much died after like 2010.

I had the CG pair like twice and can't believe I let them go the 2nd time for w/e reason. I looked for the Blk.Reds and never owned them.

Here’s an old pic of mine I posted 10+ years ago...found this doing a search

I actually still have the New Balance 576 and the dunks (which are trashed now)

The air max 95 are the brown gradient
A97A260B-D6CB-4B42-A7C1-4DE33792ED2F.jpeg

E6250A69-06D4-447F-8483-445C2BEF3532.jpeg

Excuse the dirty room and mirror...orange canvas co.jp forces on my feet

To my right, Trainer SC’s, Adidas ZX8000, neon Air Max 95 from around 2002

To my left Adidas Forum high

Hard to tell but I’m wearing a Supreme camp cap (I think it’s a Swiss camp pattern)
Always wanted THOSE white-orange 89 flights.

I ended up getting the Rucker Parks in 2019.

Good thread to bring back/dig up. Similar to the Please Bring Back thread started by M marztharealist ..

As for Bursts.. it's very annoying. Those are a big fav. For me it's more so the Huarache Burst than the Air Max Burst but that midsole/sole is so versatile. They made AJ XI inspired Huarache Bursts in 2009 so I know they still had the work to make this happen but pretty much died after like 2010.

I had the CG pair like twice and can't believe I let them go the 2nd time for w/e reason. I looked for the Blk.Reds and never owned them.
The last Bursts I had were white with dark blue nubuck rand and a red swoosh and air bag. I remember buying them at Footlocker around Thanksgiving 2003. Oh and the white/silver pair from around the same time, I believe, that I found on eBay. And I was obviously wrong with my thought the air bag might be the reason we haven’t seen them in forever. Forgot I have the AM94 retro from just a few years ago that feature the same midsole. Which makes it even stranger Bursts have gone extinct. It’s literally like the people working at Nike now have forgotten the model exists.

They didn't. The was a retro around end of '00s (?),but only a few cws released, with the smaller bubble that's also on 93s.

They didn't. The was a retro around end of '00s (?),but only a few cws released, with the smaller bubble that's also on 93s.

OK so I don’t recall those retros hitting the US or maybe I missed it, but most of those are still more than a decade ago. Same difference to my overall point. First colorway is the only one I’d want and that was from 2007. That’s 15 years ago.

What’s the name of these shoes? I had the white/black ones in junior high and loved them!

Nike Air 3/4 Magnum.

Air Magnum Force 3/4. They were a takedown of the Ballistic Force, and were one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. Quality was ridiculous for a $70 "value" shoe. At one point or another, I had those black/bronze ones, a white/red/black swoosh, black midsole/gum outsole pair, and a black/red pair.

EDIT: These are the others I had...

Screenshot_20220117-113207.png
Screenshot_20220117-113442.png

Last edited:
OK so I don’t recall those retros hitting the US or maybe I missed it, but most of those are still more than a decade ago. Same difference to my overall point. First colorway is the only one I’d want and that was from 2007. That’s 15 years ago.
In my memory they were more recent than that until I looked them up, so yeah I agree on that it has been way too long. I'm pretty sure few of those cws did release in US but maybe not all of them. I remember FL EU having a few OG-ish colorblocked cws.

I don't think a new retro would become a big hit, the model never became 1 of the Air (Max) icons, only popular among a small group of sneakerfans.

Nike Air 3/4 Magnum.

Air Magnum Force 3/4. They were a takedown of the Ballistic Force, and were one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. Quality was ridiculous for a $70 "value" shoe. At one point or another, I had those black/bronze ones, a white/red/black swoosh, black midsole/gum outsole pair, and a black/red pair.

EDIT: These are the others I had...

Screenshot_20220117-113207.png
Screenshot_20220117-113442.png

Man, I had a white pair. If I remember, the strap was black and the FORCE stitching on it was gold. Like you said, jshortt jshortt , this was during the time of the Barkley vs. Godzilla campaign and I wanted those Ballistic Forces so bad. My mom wasn't going for that at the moment. I didn't actually NEED a new pair of shoes, I just wanted them LOL. I ended up talking her into at least buying me the Magnum's instead on a clothes-shopping trip to Kohls :lol:

In my memory they were more recent than that until I looked them up, so yeah I agree on that it has been way too long. I'm pretty sure few of those cws did release in US but maybe not all of them. I remember FL EU having a few OG-ish colorblocked cws.

I don't think a new retro would become a big hit, the model never became 1 of the Air (Max) icons, only popular among a small group of sneakerfans.

You're definitely correct that Bursts aren't an AM icon. But it's difficult to understand how they've been completely ghosted when I see all the other crap Nike drops.

Nike Force STS, Flight 89 ST & Air Gone Mids.

A3DAEB49-2A08-457C-B6F2-89D8ACE0B472.jpeg
B1A120BB-EB97-4277-A209-15C8F39C0CC5.jpeg
332F61F4-ACE5-4714-965E-DE83CFC15F24.jpeg

I remember when one of my friends showed up at school one day with the black version of those Flight 89s. I never understood exactly why Nike threw that random strap on there, other than to--I guess--try to make the model look upgraded and fresh, considering by then it was like a year or two after its original run.
I have zero recollection of the Air Gone shown there, but those are dope.

I ended up talking her into at least buying me the Magnum's instead on a clothes-shopping trip to Kohls :lol:
Thats exactly how and where I got my pair. Very first pair of Nikes I ever had. I ended up breaking the plastic loops for the straps. Those shoes put me on top of the world though.

Nike Air Gones man... such a time back then ('94) when all these lines came out....affordable, all similar feel and all super light.

eastbay-memory-lane-air-jordan-x-10-steel-holiday-1994.jpg

eastbay-catalog-1995-212.jpg

eastbay-catalog-1995-2.jpg

The last Bursts I had were white with dark blue nubuck rand and a red swoosh and air bag. I remember buying them at Footlocker around Thanksgiving 2003. Oh and the white/silver pair from around the same time, I believe, that I found on eBay. And I was obviously wrong with my thought the air bag might be the reason we haven’t seen them in forever. Forgot I have the AM94 retro from just a few years ago that feature the same midsole. Which makes it even stranger Bursts have gone extinct. It’s literally like the people working at Nike now have forgotten the model exists.
In 03 I had all white leather Bursts and some white/grey/red (not the ones that were posted by 1978S 1978S though). Can't find a picture of them anywhere.

It's funny when you do a "history of Air Max" they're basically treated like an Air Max 94.5. It's always an afterthought.

Edit: Pretty sure it was these.

Attachments

• Vintage-2003-Men-Nike-Air-Burst-Leather-Mesh.jpg
    Vintage-2003-Men-Nike-Air-Burst-Leather-Mesh.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
In 03 I had all white leather Bursts and some white/grey/red (not the ones that were posted by 1978S 1978S though). Can't find a picture of them anywhere.

It's funny when you do a "history of Air Max" they're basically treated like an Air Max 94.5. It's always an afterthought.

Edit: Pretty sure it was these.
Those are the ones I had!

Are you talking about the Nike “Air Point”? Google has a few images and so does the end of this link:
https://kicksigma.com/air-flight-one-1995/
Nope, these had kind of a matte silver plate on the exterior midsole area similar to the Air Hops Flight 9s but they didn't have a strap on them and I believe instead of "Air" it was just the swoosh.

Edit:
Found them. So much easier being on the computer than searching on the phone. Success of a day! Nike Air Maestro III Mid.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-18 163945.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-18 163945.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom