Gems: shoes that you have or had that rarely surface anymore

Not long after mentioning these in my previous post, I was lucky enough to find a pair on eBay for a great price.

Nike Air Gone from 1995-96

9B605A40-EF97-4468-BACD-BA64B0E5E49D.jpeg

Glad to have my old HS team bball kicks again, same color & everything, DS too. Takes me back.

574EB45C-BA23-4D5A-B7B7-D80C61892E20.jpeg

Nike Air Force Carbide (circa 2000). A variation takedown model of the KG III. Loved this shoe and it was comfortable to play in also. I wanted the KG III, but was late on them at the time and couldn't find them for some reason.
m_580147b52599feedeb01274e.jpg

Still waiting on the white/cherry 12 to re retro

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220201-195818_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220201-195818_Gallery.jpg
    658.6 KB · Views: 188
Not long after mentioning these in my previous post, I was lucky enough to find a pair on eBay for a great price.

Nike Air Gone from 1995-96

9B605A40-EF97-4468-BACD-BA64B0E5E49D.jpeg

Glad to have my old HS team bball kicks again, same color & everything, DS too. Takes me back.

574EB45C-BA23-4D5A-B7B7-D80C61892E20.jpeg
I love these and the Lambaste, they had the same midsole and sole of the Air Go, I think there was a 4th shoe that did too.

I need these bad.

Not Nike and I can't find pictures, but I've got a couple pairs of Wu Wallabees from the late 90s, and some Reebok S Dots from the early 2000s. I used to have more of both but ran them into the ground years ago, the Carters were surprisingly comfortable.

ae46fc888846cf6240eca99869652613.jpg

Here's the shoe I beat into the ground more then any other as a teenager along with Jumpman Team 1s. Nike Air Hype Uptempo. Zero chance it ever retros. Was worn by several players though. Love them.

The bottom of this shoe has always been SO dope to me for
ae46fc888846cf6240eca99869652613.jpg

Here's the shoe I beat into the ground more then any other as a teenager along with Jumpman Team 1s. Nike Air Hype Uptempo. Zero chance it ever retros. Was worn by several players though. Love them.

The bottom of this shoe has always been SO dope to me for some reason.
I beat mine down town!!!! i loved the nike jewel

Not Nike and I can't find pictures, but I've got a couple pairs of Wu Wallabees from the late 90s, and some Reebok S Dots from the early 2000s. I used to have more of both but ran them into the ground years ago, the Carters were surprisingly comfortable.
You had multiples? :wow:

I feel like this shoe has never gotten its due.

Back when it released it should have been someone's signature, it was premium enough to be a sig. Maybe it could have been Penny's but he was only in his second year. Tim Hardaway and Pippen wouldn't get a sig until years later. Webber, D-robinson, Zo were all big men.

This shoe not being a sig and not having giant air bubbles kept it from catching on in the mainstream.

They performed like crazy on the court too. :wow:

They had Tensile-Air in the forefoot which I Guess is early Zoom Air. Zoom Air hit hard the next year but should have been debuted in this shoe.

The 2010 retro wasnt that bad, they still had an aerodynamic shape and decent cushioning.

20220205_010918.jpg
20220205_011001.jpg

The Nike Shox Limitless from 2002.. Little backstory, these were the high school basketball teams shoe when I was in like 6th grade. Two or three years later my friends family was having a garage sale, and they were selling his older brothers pair. I still have em somewhere, absolutely loved this shoe.

178C7930-B566-4B3B-A308-399CE041CA71.jpeg

I mean I think it's going back that way so you might as well pull those shorts back out lol
Haha no lie, I donated those shorts last year. I lost a ton of weight and they wouldn’t even stay on me. I wasn’t big to begin with but now my waist is a size 28-29.

I am/was...but only a selling account @smone8

And I assume you don't have this pair anymore? :nerd:
I don’t, I actually wore those a bunch of times brand new out of the box everywhere. The midsoles held up for a while and then begun to crack where that little section goes over the air bubble and then I sold them off. Everywhere I went with those things had people like 😳 lol. I walked into a Finishline and they said they were just talking about them 🙄 then asked me if they were fake lmao. I was like bruh, when have they ever faked flight 90’s? He just stood there in shock. I’m gonna tag you in this find for me

I don’t, I actually wore those a bunch of times brand new out of the box everywhere. The midsoles held up for a while and then begun to crack where that little section goes over the air bubble and then I sold them off. Everywhere I went with those things had people like 😳 lol. I walked into a Finishline and they said they were just talking about them 🙄 then asked me if they were fake lmao. I was like bruh, when have they ever faked flight 90’s? He just stood there in shock. I’m gonna tag you in this find for me

One of my favorite shoes EVER. In this colorway too. :nthat:

The split on the air bubble, the vents on the sides, just so clean. I never owned them but they're so nostalgic for me.

Back
Top Bottom