Gentrified Hiphop a unwritten genre?

Somewhat related....but I just found out that No Limit and Plain Jane are different songs :lol: I thought one was just a remix

i hate when i miss threads bc i only be checking the everyday struggle thread

this agenda is very well underway and has been since they saw post malone work

it remains to be seen whether A. it will work and B. it will have a positive or negative effect on the quality of black hip hop

Black folks just gon make something else that’s poppin just like when they take over everything else before

facts.

i feel like the game is already going to a place where genres are blurred regardless of white people trying to “take” rap.

at the end of the day we just gonna make some iller **** than whatever they bite. i see hip hop in its traditional lyrical, battle rap, spoken word sense becoming a more niche thing and it becoming bigger than ever for those who actively wanna seek out that content. it just gotta b presented the right way. like a def poetry jam meets smack rap battle type thing would b dope.

She just hasen't made hit records. That's the big issue. Which is why she's scrambling to hop on features.

features keeping her afloat.

she wouldn't need a immediate hit if her album cuts/mixtapes were still thoro.

I swear you guys are chopping it up over what sounds like wwe drama or a soap opera... it doesn’t even sound like it’s hip hop that you talking about... :lol:

It's not. It's deep rooted hate (or jealousy in some cases) against Caucasians. Cats in this thread don't want to share the genre with a race that has historically oppressed us, or the beneficiaries of said opprrssion. But someone would be an idiot to outright say "you shouldn't be able to make a song like this because you're white".

That's where you have to make the separation. They're making rap music that reflects their experiences. And it's not surprising that white people want to hear music from other white people. It's not like white people don't like rap.

I wouldn't sweat that list at the moment. Its not like any good rappers dropped new music recently. Them dudes were competing with themselves and old singles.

The internet definitely plays a major role in this. I do think we’re to blame though. People are willing to accept anyone just because. Look at how Miley Cyrus was welcomed with open arms for some reason. She got her exposure, and now she did a 180 on us. And its not just about white artist..there are black artist that get too much recognition for doing **** that doesn’t help the culture move forward or even stand still. We don’t seem to care how much we sacrifice the art as long as the money is coming in.

As for Nicki, I definitely feel she’s just mad nothing has popped off for her recently so I don’t even care to hear this coming from her. If her recent tracks were up there, I don’t think she would’ve posted that.

He wore the mask so his Coworkers at new York life won't recognize him. Name is trash, lyrics are par for the course, hook was kinda catchy though no lie.

Don't want to go back and check who said it but whoever said "the game changed" yada yada

Lol

Ain't no game. You just getting old. Don't like it, move on.

Are we taking into account the fact of white population is still the majority and if they get behind a rap artist they can make that artist more popular just off the strength of being the majority?

Truth be told... Nikki is salty her time is closing and she's not popping as much as she was before... like that.

If her, Wayne, and Drake still had a stronghold on rap like they did a few years ago she wouldn't be so salty and throwing all those subliminal shots at Cardi or whoever she's throwing them at.

Would any of you guys on here say her demise started once Remy dropped ShEther?

Someone said it best with the Internet and social media any ol average joe could get into the rap game. Rap is so bad from all races putting out music and has been for years since the dance craze songs from the south with laffey taffey etc. Blacks, whites, hispanic (Takeshi 69) all of this new rap is all over the place and I've just came to the fact that the rap I came up with where lyrics mattered or you had to back up your tough talk is long gone and they new drug induced fools are what these young kids want to hear.

I still have an iPod classic filled with music I like and I still rock with it and get made fun of by people who think it's crazy to still have and iPod classic when you can get spodify or whatever.

I will not lie though some of these songs when they come on the radio I do listen to from time to time like that all my friends are dead push me to the edge, gucci gang, some other group about their mother told them not to sell work 17 5 same color as their white t-shirt. Takeshi 69 I heard from you guys on here and worldstar and can't lie one or two of hit songs are crazy but I listen. At least you can understand some of them and not like these mumble rappers.

:pimp: Best 299.00 ever spent, I like owning my music to hell with paying a middle man for convenience. Repped just off the strength of still owning one

Feel Nicki points gets clouded by many factors but she does have a point. If you feel she can't complain about this than an article should of never came out about minorties being more of the population at Havard.

They're making rap music that reflects their experiences. And it's not surprising that white people want to hear music from other white people. I

while i repped you on your reasoning , i question how credible a straight Caucasian can craft a body of rap work that doesn't at least emulate da latest trappings of what's going on in da hood...from stylistics to lingo, to vernacular.

from a credibility standpoint, i can see a "raised by wolves" scenario I.E. Paul Wall, beastie Boys, Eminem, etc. being plausible than say a NL.

Even if they weren't 'raised by wolves' who is going to tell them they can't make the music? And I want to hear how that discussion would go.

Even if they weren't 'raised by wolves' who is going to tell them they can't make the music? And I want to hear how that discussion would go.
people are too comfortable stealing everything from black ppl because many black ppl are docile and non vocal/non confrontational.

really and truly, black ppl shouldn't give 5 ****s about how ppl feel when voicing opinions about stealing, bastardizing and capitalizing black music from the top (label execs, etc) to the bottom (these youtube upstarts).

and i don't care how anybody feels about what i said. i don't care if someone is uncomfortable when it comes to talking about the things that affect black people and how we get ****ted on.

nobody particularly has a “problem” with white suburban/geek rappers, in and of itself, its harmless and kids in similar circumstances need someone to represent for them and make them feel okay to not be “street”.

however i think people just dont wanna wake up and see that hip hop no longer serves as a voice/mirror for the have nots, particularly those with brown skin.

the precedent is there.

It's not. It's deep rooted hate (or jealousy in some cases) against Caucasians. Cats in this thread don't want to share the genre with a race that has historically oppressed us, or the beneficiaries of said opprrssion. But someone would be an idiot to outright say "you shouldn't be able to make a song like this because you're white".

That's where you have to make the separation. They're making rap music that reflects their experiences. And it's not surprising that white people want to hear music from other white people. It's not like white people don't like rap.

You sound very Tom-ish... you let white folks call you the N_ Word?

What’s there to be jealous about, in terms of whites? I know you gone bring up material stuff :lol:

Back
Top Bottom