GET OUT -- New horror film about black man meeting white gf's parents. Looks creepy.

What's up with Asians who's first names are Matthew, Amy, etc, but their last names are Wu, Cha.:nerd:

That's nothing new. Old kung-fu movies have lots of actors with anglo first names. Probably for westerners to not butcher their real names.

I got a homeboy who's chinese and him and his brother name Fletcher and Paul Lee, come to find out their middle names are Geegun and Geeway

Told him that sound way better than fletch I'd be telling folks to call me by the middle names

Another shock to me was the Asian guy at the party. I had the Scooby-Doo face on like

He just stood out like a sore thumb. Lol wasn't expecting that.

I'm glad that was included though. Shows no matter what race/ethnicity you are , you can still contribute to white supremacy.
fax they should've had a non-hypnotized/non-hollow bodied uncle tom in there too

^ yeah, but it wouldn't make much sense since all the bidders were only interested in black folks for their bodies. So an Uncle Tom wouldn't gain anything from being there since he already has a black body. If anything, they'd make him feel welcome and then take him for his body too.
Only way I could see it working is if he was working as a wrangler.

^ yeah, but it wouldn't make much sense since all the bidders were only interested in black folks for their bodies. So an Uncle Tom wouldn't gain anything from being there since he already has a black body. If anything, they'd make him feel welcome and then take him for his body too.
Only way I could see it working is if he was working as a wrangler.
what if he was an old uncle tom like ben carson?

like a 2nd generation body stealer

1) They should've put Tomi Lahren in the movie as Rose

2) When Chris was choking the **** out of Rose, all I can think about was Tommy choking the **** out of Holly. TSA homie should of helped son dump the body...facts. Yo It's a body in the trunk son, so what's it gon be.

I figured TSA was gonna finish the deal and run Rose over.

But they left that window open, just in case

Another shock to me was the Asian guy at the party. I had the Scooby-Doo face on like

He just stood out like a sore thumb. Lol wasn't expecting that.

I'm glad that was included though. Shows no matter what race/ethnicity you are , you can still contribute to white supremacy.
This article is interesting that had a part that said the Asian guy was importance to note because in some research study Asians battle with the benefits of being better than most minorities but not good enough to be white so his question to Chris of "is being black an advantage or disadvantage" was him trying to figure out how he would benefit from switchin' bodies with him.

"Why Get Out a Movie About Anti-Black Racism, had an Asian Character"

This article is interesting that had a part that said the Asian guy was importance to note because in some research study Asians battle with the benefits of being better than most minorities but not good enough to be white so his question to Chris of "is being black an advantage or disadvantage" was him trying to figure out how he would benefit from switchin' bodies with him.

"Why Get Out a Movie About Anti-Black Racism, had an Asian Character"
Lets say Asian dude is CEO of Sony. Visits this area to get a body swap. Him is his new black body doesn't continue as CEO of Sony, he's in instant retirement mode. I don't see how that would benefit him. Who else knows about this body swapping outside from this circle of people in the town? To outsiders you're just another knee-grow. Once you get that procedure you are pretty much restricted to that town where everyone really knows who you are. As soon as Asian dude or grandpa visits another town they get the black experience so they really aren't getting any (real world) advantages.

Since this is fiction it makes it seem like every white person turns into Blade in this town (all vampire strengths, none of their weaknesses), or rather all black folks advantages, none of our hardships.

up to page 30... i havent seen a reference or maybe i missed it but when Rod showed up in the cop car at the end... i thought it was over for Chris.

that was the best twist in the movie for me.... the cops showing up immediately had to have the audience, at least the black audience like damn , Chris is about to either get killed by the cops or arrested for murdering the family. The last option was it being his homeboy rescuing him.

I thought that was a great scene... by far the most memorable for me. So much was done with that scene. Movie was awesome.

Lets say Asian dude is CEO of Sony. Visits this area to get a body swap. Him is his new black body doesn't continue as CEO of Sony, he's in instant retirement mode. I don't see how that would benefit him. Who else knows about this body swapping outside from this circle of people in the town? To outsiders you're just another knee-grow. Once you get that procedure you are pretty much restricted to that town where everyone really knows who you are. As soon as Asian dude or grandpa visits another town they get the black experience so they really aren't getting any (real world) advantages.

Since this is fiction it makes it seem like every white person turns into Blade in this town (all vampire strengths, none of their weaknesses), or rather all black folks advantages, none of our hardships.
I'm sure they create a back story. If you was to ask Andre and his "new wife" I'm sure they'd have a story of how they met and fell in love.

In your example, CEO of Sony "dies" and his fortune is split to his kids and some "new black upstart" and he kinda goes from there

just watched it again last night. Still just as creepy. able to pay attention to more aspects this time around.

i know we talked about it already, but the music choices really are phenomenal.

the dinner party truly is disgusting.

that scene with the keys still pisses me off. chris should've been giving hands out.

definitely open for a sequel.

when this bird was sitting, eating fruit loops one by one and sitting milk through a straw..bruh..i might've caught a body.

why she stop what she was doing and put on Ralph Lauren's Fall collection to go shoot chris? Ma had the riding boots on and everything.

So literally everything was an act. The 'omgggg, the party is this weekend???' 'gahhhh they're soooo white' 'babyyy, i love you' 'only black d' 'promise'. Even let dude prolly smash maaaad times. And I'm sure he got topped. All business.

I'm really interested in all of the failed experiments. in the video the old guy said 'we finally perfected the coagula procedure' ............ ............. ............. wait. So how many black men and women did you kill to get it right? dawg i'm pissed again.

damn ol girl was a ***. dawg I'm heated.

Movie was lowkey wild realistic. Maybe not as far necessarily to them legitimately taking our bodies, but definitely viewing us in that way. That our physical gifts are that much better, and for some reason, we are undeserving and they are more worthy of what we have naturally. I mean you can see that theme pretty much every where irl.

[interesting tidbits]

when i saw the movie the first time..opening night....theater....93% black

last night....theater....80% white (although there were also some of those 'white mike' Rachel Dolezal type dudes that 'identified' as black, or whatever, let them tell it.) But it was like they felt it was "safe" to go now. It was curious.

i know those white folks got up out of there when those credits hit tho. Heard tired skurts in the theater lol.

Something else i did notice too. To black people this was more of a drama/thriller with some comedic parts. I heard a lot more hushes of the crowd and stressful signs and groans and 'Mmm mm mmm'. To the white people last night this was more of a comedy/action with some dramatic parts. I heard way more laughter and amused exclamations..

Last edited:

i took this as another reminder of leaving his mom on the road by herself...i maybe reaching but thats what i thought about when they started walking away...

up to page 30... i havent seen a reference or maybe i missed it but when Rod showed up in the cop car at the end... i thought it was over for Chris.

that was the best twist in the movie for me.... the cops showing up immediately had to have the audience, at least the black audience like damn , Chris is about to either get killed by the cops or arrested for murdering the family. The last option was it being his homeboy rescuing him.

I thought that was a great scene... by far the most memorable for me. So much was done with that scene. Movie was awesome.
I usually catch on to these type of things and any other movie I would've been like thats def TSA car... but no like you said the two things on my mind was either chris going to jail for the killings or get killed. Awesome. 

I usually catch on to these type of things and any other movie I would've been like thats def TSA car... but no like you said the two things on my mind was either chris going to jail for the killings or get killed. Awesome. 

yea true. on the second watch though, the car clearly says airport on the door.

I 100% thought it was the white cop from the beginning & Chris was about to get shot in the chest repeatedly even with his hands up.

I 100% thought it was the white cop from the beginning & Chris was about to get shot in the chest repeatedly even with his hands up.

Saaaaaaammmme!

"Hands up, we just doin what the cops taught us. Hands up ... Hands up, hands up, then the cops shot us" -Yeezy

i took this as another reminder of leaving his mom on the road by herself...i maybe reaching but thats what i thought about when they started walking away...

Good point. Didn't cross my mind. The reasons as to why are different, but both situations see the main character leaving a woman he loved to die on the road by herself. Makes the ending even better when you think about it.

Nah they definitely need to leave this alone. Peele made a masterpiece on his debut. The bar is set high.

What would they do for a sequel anyway? I thought they closed it pretty well. Unless they use a different cast, because I'm sure homeboy is done with white women forever. :lol:

Nah they definitely need to leave this alone. Peele made a masterpiece on his debut. The bar is set high.

What would they do for a sequel anyway? I thought they closed it pretty well. Unless they use a different cast, because I'm sure homeboy is done with white women forever. :lol:

i mean they left it open for a sequel. i don't actually want one.

What becomes of my dude Andre? He just gotta stay a sex slave because Maxine Shaw think everybody is a comedian? He from BK. He doesn't deserve this.

exactly!! Like i really thought thats where it was headed and either him dead or in jail would have still fit the story and the social commentary that Peele was putting into the movie.

Im glad he chose the ending he did. If it was one of the other ones i would have be so upset and angry! Joint would have went from a horror/thriller movie to a drama quick fast.

There was supposedly an alternate ending where it is indeed the cops coming and see Chris choke Rose out and they arrest him for murder. That ending was changed due to too many real life police/black civilian murders.

i mean they left it open for a sequel. i don't actually want one.

What becomes of my dude Andre? He just gotta stay a sex slave because Maxine Shaw think everybody is a comedian? He from BK. He doesn't deserve this.

You could do a prequel as well, concerning the capture of the first African American who either grandpa or grandman jumped into. Or even a film about one of the other guys Rose brought home. That box of pictures had what? Over ten different dudes? Andre and due gramps was inside only account for 2. Granted, I have no desire for a sequel. I'm just agreeing with the general idea that other films are possible. What i'd really like, however, would be that the other films Peele says he has planned be set in this same universe, similar to how Stephen King (And other authors of course) has multiple different book series', many of which, if not all, are set in the same universe, just in a different town. You then see a few characters overlapping.

Back
Top Bottom