getting my wisdom teeth pulled out friday morning, tips on the recovery?

if u get your gums cut then pulled it wont be that bad, if they numb then pull your face is gonna feel huge. its not that bad i was eating things i normally ate within a week.

Originally Posted by Rightguard

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Had all 4 of mine pulled out back in January. Its definitely not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I had little bleeding and swelling, but the first day is the worst.
You won't be able to eat solids for a couple days, but other than that I was cool.

how did you stop the bleeding?  by biting on a gauze?  I would ask these questions but i dont think i would be capable after the procedure
Yea basically just make sure you keep pressure on it. Watch out for the drool while youre still numb
laugh.gif
I was playin Xbox and when I was done I had blood all over my chest
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Had mine taken out in January...got mine out at around 9am... Chilled for a little bit... Took a nap.. Then played full court basketball by 2pm... It isnt that bad.. Just a lot of bleeding..

I went to the dentist about two weeks ago and found out I don't NEED to get mine taken out (there are still slight risks with keeping them, it's just mine came in perfectly fine and won't cause major problems).
smile.gif

Anyway, don't eat solids, stay away from alcohol, and don't smoke (green or tobacco).

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Had all 4 of mine pulled out back in January. Its definitely not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I had little bleeding and swelling, but the first day is the worst.
You won't be able to eat solids for a couple days, but other than that I was cool.
Same here, but I got mine pulled back in December. It was fine the only thing was not being able to eat any solids. Just stock up on jello, pudding, and mash potatoes. I was fine after like 2 or 3 days. The oxycod my Dentist prescribed did wonders 
pimp.gif
 lol

start with the proper doctor- oral surgeon. Don't go to a dentist that says he can do it and end up as an emergency to an oral surgeons office. Soft diet is correct, avoid small food particles, don't smoke, no straws and no spitting either. Do everything I just said not to do and you risk dry socket. good luck

i was just eating soup and mashed potatoes. Pretty much just take it easy don't try to talk as much you don't want the stitches to pop out or anything.

yea Vicodin might help.. also i heard people
smokin.gif
after it, like a couple hours and then it turned out like nothing happend. idk,dont do it if the doc says so.

when i work up after the surgery i felt like i got hit by a car. other than that not too bad. just sleep a lot and watcha lot of movies. also vicadin is pretty cool relaxes you big time

the way i remember it was, after taking a percocet, about 20 minutes later, it was like an agel was putting a warm blanket over you and saying go to sleep. if you try to fight going to sleep, you wont be able to sleep at all or atleast that was the case with me. so i suggest when you start to drowse off, just go to sleep and enjoy the fact that you are about to get 6-10 hours of solid sleep. best of luck.

-Vicodine
-Sleep
-Salt ( with water for rinse)
-Soup ( the one you that comes in a cup you can sip from)
-Dont talk much

it is ALL about how good your surgeon is. some make it very easy, other not.

I got all four of mine taken out year ago (I wanna say 7 yrs) in high school..I went through all of it awake. The worst part was the getting the shot in my gums to numb everything
frown.gif
tired.gif
, after that all I felt was pressure with the drilling / noises etc etc..

needless to say I looked like a damn chipmunk for a week and was coughing up blood the first few days..

soup is basically the only thing edible and even that is challenge if your bleeding still..

after a week I was fine but the whole healing process is 100% anywhere from 2 weeks upwards

just got finished.....i did not like the feeling of getting the anesthesia my body was feeling really weak and dizzy....i did not feel a thing and my lip is numb....I just had smoothie and oatmeal.... thanks for all the tips

Back
Top Bottom