Getting no grants from Financial Aid Unnapreciation... :(

Man, everyone I know gets checks through out the whole semester and always has extra cash and they won't even give me a single grant? They only offered meloans.
frown.gif

man my school needs to hurry up and confirm my financial aid information, im getting concerned

But last year Fall semester i got $1900 and spring semester $2300
pimp.gif
. To bad i have nothing to show for it but a laptop and a HDTV
smh.gif

damn that sucks for ya'll I got a few scholarships + 9 g's in grants how much do your fams make..

edit I still gotta take out loans cuz it s still not enough to pay uof m's tuition though so no checks for me
smh.gif

My Situation Exactly.....
mad.gif

Fafsa should take the time to really look into your financial situation....

Instead of just going by the numbers only...
smh.gif

yup same here its messed up
i work and try to save but cant and have to do school a few classes at a time
But all the people who are on effin welfare and food stamps can collect no problem
those kind of people disgust me! Why even give trash like that money to go to school
they end up using it for who knows what
indifferent.gif

Agreed this crap sucks.. I'm trying to get scholarships From fastweb. Anybody know about local sponsorships? And how they work?

Originally Posted by ArtStranger

But all the people who are on effin welfare and food stamps can collect no problem
those kind of people disgust me! Why even give trash like that money to go to school
indifferent.gif
Oh word?

Looking at your avy and if I'm right about your ethnicity, you have NO room to talk about trash. BTW lower class whites get the most welfare from thegov't moron.

OP, the school usually has money on deck for extreme circumstances. Tell them that your dad just lost hours and is going to have trouble making payments and ifthere is a small grant that the school can give you.

Word.

I find it ridiculous that my parents are filing bankruptcy and I don't qualify for aid other than loans.

I hated my hallmates that were as poor as dirt, but had the most expensive dining plans and that could easily afford stupid crap thanks to grants. It's notlike they were offered a full ride because they were smart or anything. Ugh.

Originally Posted by ArtStranger

indifferent.gif
my dude get out here wit that b.s who are u to call another human being trash just because they are in a less fortunate financial situation thanyou are. The majority of the people that come from less fortunate backgrounds and get the grants that you talk about are the best students in the school, mysituation was not as fortunate growing up but I go to a top school and best believe I'm gonna use all the grants/scholarships.

man i aint get a $%#$% cent that isnt a loan... not ONE CENT. 900 in subsidized loans, estimated cost of school= 21k
sick.gif

my parents (who cant pay for $%^$) want me to move back home... i dont wanna drop out man.
frown.gif
idk what I'm gonna do cuz i already have private loans...

good luck to all of us. an education is the most important thing we can have nowadays

man, i was granted 2k for my last semester of school... i accepted it, but dropped out and had to withdraw from the semester for the time being cuz i had tohelp my mom move from NY back to vancouver... now i have to pay 2k out of my own pockets by august 21 because i did not finish my courses......... lame ashell, why the hell would i need to pay back something that was granted to me? i wasnt the money for entertainment purposes.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

man, i was granted 2k for my last semester of school... i accepted it, but dropped out and had to withdraw from the semester for the time being cuz i had to help my mom move from NY back to vancouver... now i have to pay 2k out of my own pockets by august 21 because i did not finish my courses......... lame as hell, why the hell would i need to pay back something that was granted to me? i wasnt the money for entertainment purposes.
financial aid doesnt trust anyone who is granted money. you should of known too, when you are granted with money they tell u that if u dont go toschool and pass with credits than they are going to make you pay up for it

I think anyone who parents had an education and is living above the poverty line should have been more responsible on taking their of their kids and education.If it wasnt for that you should not be worrying about grants. Your parents should be the one who should have a saving for you to go to school too. Anyone whois living under the poverty line have trouble living paycheck by paycheck so you really cant complain.

Originally Posted by ThiPham

I think anyone who parents had an education and is living above the poverty line should have been more responsible on taking their of their kids and education. If it wasnt for that you should not be worrying about grants. Your parents should be the one who should have a saving for you to go to school too. Anyone who is living under the poverty line have trouble living paycheck by paycheck so you really cant complain.

QFT..

I'm so thankful for all the financial aid I get. Living below the poverty line ain't no joke.

You probably didn't file by the priority deadline

I'm eligible for everything but got the crappiest package my first year

Found out if you apply by March 1st you get everything u need (and no1 at my school realli knows that secret)

Back
Top Bottom