Getting no grants from Financial Aid Unnapreciation... :(

Man, loans suck. The worst part is that when you're in school you usually don't even really think about paying them back--you just know you need lootfor school.

Then reality hits when you graduate.

id be banned if i said how i feel right now....imma keep my comments to myself..

Originally Posted by ArtStranger

yup same here its messed up
i work and try to save but cant and have to do school a few classes at a time
But all the people who are on effin welfare and food stamps can collect no problem
those kind of people disgust me! Why even give trash like that money to go to school
they end up using it for who knows what
indifferent.gif
The !@!+!!!

The hell is ya problem brah? So b/c those that are less fortunate can get grants w/o a problem and u can't they considered trash? Are u considerin metrash too?!?! I come from a single parent household where my mother doesn't have a career. I work and still don't have enough to cover neccessaryexspenses. So is that comment directed toward me b/c I get financial aid w/ ease?

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

But all the people who are on effin welfare and food stamps can collect no problem
those kind of people disgust me! Why even give trash like that money to go to school
indifferent.gif
The !@!+!!!

The hell is ya problem brah? So b/c those that are less fortunate can get grants w/o a problem and u can't they considered trash? Are u considerin me trash too?!?! I come from a single parent household where my mother doesn't have a career. I work and still don't have enough to cover neccessary exspenses. So is that comment directed toward me b/c I get financial aid w/ ease?
smh.gif
dude not comin back, already got quoted three times
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iAllan

Word.

I find it ridiculous that my parents are filing bankruptcy and I don't qualify for aid other than loans.

I hated my hallmates that were as poor as dirt, but had the most expensive dining plans and that could easily afford stupid crap thanks to grants. It's not like they were offered a full ride because they were smart or anything. Ugh.
you clown, what is "smart" and how do you determine that? and how do you correlate the "poor as dirt" with not being"smart or anything". ungrateful %*+ kids these days

blame your "smart" frivolous parents for bad financing while the "poor as dirt" diddy bop to the financial aid office

1zvpy6d.gif

P.S. a lot of yall should really consider filing as an independent to help your financial aid situations out.

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Word.

I find it ridiculous that my parents are filing bankruptcy and I don't qualify for aid other than loans.

I hated my hallmates that were as poor as dirt, but had the most expensive dining plans and that could easily afford stupid crap thanks to grants. It's not like they were offered a full ride because they were smart or anything. Ugh.

P.S. a lot of yall should really consider filing as an independent to help your financial aid situations out.
laugh.gif
u would think they would do that right? That's all they need to do. My girl just did and she got a lil more financial aid
pimp.gif
That's def gon come thru along w/ my refund if we get 1 to pay for rent

indifferent.gif
The !@!+!!!

The hell is ya problem brah? So b/c those that are less fortunate can get grants w/o a problem and u can't they considered trash? Are u considerin me trash too?!?! I come from a single parent household where my mother doesn't have a career. I work and still don't have enough to cover neccessary exspenses. So is that comment directed toward me b/c I get financial aid w/ ease?
smh.gif
dude not comin back, already got quoted three times
laugh.gif

I peeped that. He know he $**+*# up.
laugh.gif

Same here. I got stuck with tons of Work Study and Loans when I should have got a bunch of Grants. I'm not sure if it was because I picked I would be finewith doing Work Study that they put all the money there. I wonder if I haven't pcked Work Study if I would have got more grant money

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone elaborate a bit more on work study for me? I got $3,000 and I am not entirely sure on what that means and what kind of jobI am supposed to get how this $3,000 will be allocated.

Forgot to add. Yall dudes need to talk to ya financial aid officials. I know by first name and they know me by face and name. Schools have money on stash forstudents that really need it. If yall schools have separate financial aid papers, then talk to em about that to so yall can get the Pell Grant and what not.

If ya parents income is f'n u up, ask how to file independent cause well all know that the EFC means jack +!%$.

Can't stress enough to talk to the financial aid ppl. I thank God that I've been blessed to get grants though I've taken my fair share out inloans, both federal and private.

EDIT:

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone elaborate a bit more on work study for me? I got $3,000 and I am not entirely sure on what that means and what kind of job I am supposed to get how this $3,000 will be allocated.
The $3000 is how much u are allowed to earn for Work Study for the yr. Within ur job u can't earn more than $1500/term after that u can'twork anymore until the term ends.

The $3000 is credited towards ur tuition and the money u earn can go to personal expenses in some/most cases. Just depends on how much tuition u have left topay

I know how this feels. As soon as we graduated high school my parents hit me and my sisters with the "Y'all grown, we ain't payin for $+$*else". And they make plenty of money so a brotha can't even get a Pell grant or anything. All these unsubsidized loans and $+$* don't make nogotdamn sense.
smh.gif

and never take wish wash from counselors. i know i always demand to speak to the counselors who have offices rather than take what the chicks at the deskssay. they basically try to give you the info thats already published and make you adhere to everything by the book. there are always special circumstancesand accommodations. you got to grill em

How poor do you have to be to get grants?

My tuition exceeds my family expected contribution, I'm on Dean's list, I have a sibling in college, and i still get 0 grants.

Forgot to add. Yall dudes need to talk to ya financial aid officials. I know by first name and they know me by face and name. Schools have money on stash for students that really need it. If yall schools have separate financial aid papers, then talk to em about that to so yall can get the Pell Grant and what not.

If ya parents income is f'n u up, ask how to file independent cause well all know that the EFC means jack +!%$.

Can't stress enough to talk to the financial aid ppl. I thank God that I've been blessed to get grants though I've taken my fair share out in loans, both federal and private.

EDIT:

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone elaborate a bit more on work study for me? I got $3,000 and I am not entirely sure on what that means and what kind of job I am supposed to get how this $3,000 will be allocated.
The $3000 is how much u are allowed to earn for Work Study for the yr. Within ur job u can't earn more than $1500/term after that u can't work anymore until the term ends.

The $3000 is credited towards ur tuition and the money u earn can go to personal expenses in some/most cases. Just depends on how much tuition u have left to pay

He's kind of correct about Work Study
laugh.gif
, you are allowed to earn more than the $3,000, but after like $1000 more than that it will begin to hurt yourfinancial aid. Basically the $3000 does not affect your financial aid. And usually your school should have a site with job listings with wages and you have toapply. You will then get paid and have to make a payemnt to the school after getting paid by the employer

What's good? ___

I came in here just to stunt I have Zero loans to pay off when I graduate, plus 2g's spending money each semester
pimp.gif

That is all.

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

Forgot to add. Yall dudes need to talk to ya financial aid officials. I know by first name and they know me by face and name. Schools have money on stash for students that really need it. If yall schools have separate financial aid papers, then talk to em about that to so yall can get the Pell Grant and what not.

Can't stress enough to talk to the financial aid ppl. I thank God that I've been blessed to get grants though I've taken my fair share out in loans, both federal and private.

EDIT:

The $3000 is how much u are allowed to earn for Work Study for the yr. Within ur job u can't earn more than $1500/term after that u can't work anymore until the term ends.

The $3000 is credited towards ur tuition and the money u earn can go to personal expenses in some/most cases. Just depends on how much tuition u have left to pay

laugh.gif
, you are allowed to earn more than the $3,000, but after like $1000 more than that it will begin to hurt your financial aid. Basically the $3000 does not affect your financial aid. And usually your school should have a site with job listings with wages and you have to apply. You will then get paid and have to make a payemnt to the school after getting paid by the employer
Not bad for a guy who's never had Work Study before aey?
laugh.gif

Forgot to add, if u can try to find a student employment job on campus and chalk the Work Study if u can afford to. Since it's federal, u get paid everymonth. Don't know if that's at every school but at Pitt @#!#%% be strugglin for a month before they get paid, if u got bills, the check gone before ueven get it
smh.gif

But like hammy said, there should be a career services center on campus. Hell, try to get student employment thru the food service company on campus as astudent employee, they kno u a student and are more lenient w/ the schedule and sometimes they look out for u

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

EDIT:

laugh.gif
, you are allowed to earn more than the $3,000, but after like $1000 more than that it will begin to hurt your financial aid. Basically the $3000 does not affect your financial aid. And usually your school should have a site with job listings with wages and you have to apply. You will then get paid and have to make a payemnt to the school after getting paid by the employer
Not bad for a guy who's never had Work Study before aey?
laugh.gif

Forgot to add, if u can try to find a student employment job on campus and chalk the Work Study if u can afford to. Since it's federal, u get paid everymonth. Don't know if that's at every school but at Pitt $@$%#* be strugglin for a month before they get paid, if u got bills, the check gone before ueven get it
smh.gif

But like hammy said, there should be a career services center on campus. Hell, try to get student employment thru the food service company on campus as astudent employee, they kno u a student and are more lenient w/ the schedule and sometimes they look out for u

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Word.

blame your "smart" frivolous parents for bad financing while the "poor as dirt" diddy bop to the financial aid office

1zvpy6d.gif
laugh.gif

Thankfully, my scholarship appeal was approved by ASU.

$21,500 (plus $7k in loans) in the bank. If anyone is diddy bopping, it's me.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

I know how this feels. As soon as we graduated high school my parents hit me and my sisters with the "Y'all grown, we ain't payin for $+$* else". And they make plenty of money so a brotha can't even get a Pell grant or anything. All these unsubsidized loans and $+$* don't make no gotdamn sense.
smh.gif

thats harsh, i mean hit them with the i aint going to college then ahah see what they will do next. Im pretty sure they didnt force you to finish high schooland find out you aint going to college

I got grants freshman and sophomore year, but after that my gpa went down and my parents made too much money, so they took my grants away.
laugh.gif
frown.gif
. O well, only 2 classes left to take in the fall...

I was the same way. I never qualified for *!%*, always said my parents make too much money, even when my mom was between jobs they said my dad made too much

Originally Posted by ThiPham

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

I know how this feels. As soon as we graduated high school my parents hit me and my sisters with the "Y'all grown, we ain't payin for $+$* else". And they make plenty of money so a brotha can't even get a Pell grant or anything. All these unsubsidized loans and $+$* don't make no gotdamn sense.
smh.gif

thats harsh, i mean hit them with the i aint going to college then ahah see what they will do next. Im pretty sure they didnt force you to finish high school and find out you aint going to college
I would've but we were forced to go to college anyways. And they're trying to get me to stay at home rather than near the campus thisyear. #$!% that. If I'm payin for it I'm not stayin my grown %!@ at home.

Back
Top Bottom