GilIIZero (Gil 20's)

those undrcrwn's are sick!

the more i see of these, the more i think i'm going to have to pick up a pair. not the undrcrwn's probably a gr release.

i copped a pair of the undrcrwns today at UNDFTD. i think they got one pair per size and i copped an 11. its such a dope shoe in person. i will post picslater.

Finally I was able to track down a glimpse of the Gil II Zero Slam edition. Someone is selling a pair of size 9 on ebay. I don't know how they got thembut good for them, 'cause I searched everywhere just to get a picture let alone purchase a pair. Here are some pics:

I'm actually not very impressed. Who would have thought after all of that searching and waiting. Well evidently they're super exclusive 'cause evenafter calling adidas they couldn't tell me where or when they were released (neurotic about my sneaks, I know). Thought I'd pass along the pics foranyone else out there who was curious to atleast catch a glimpse.

Now that I "think" I've seen all of the Gil II zero's that will be released, I just wanted to comment that my favorite two (by far) arethe "Benihana" and the "Black president". I'm a huge Gilbert fan and promised myself that I would limit my buying to just my favoriteTWO pair. I copped the "Benihana's" when they were released last month and after (finally) getting a glimpse of the SLAM edition (above) I wentahead an pulled the trigger on the "Black President's" yesterday. The "Undercrown" were a close third, but I actually hoop in mysneaks and the platinum couldn't be matched with many shorts at all. My "Black President's" should arrive next week (amped);-). And toanyone curious to know how they are to play in, I love them and up until the first gil zero's was always a Nike man, even back in the day when playingcollegiately. These shoes are very comfortable. What's the consensus on the best of the 18 colorways????????????????? Here are mine!

the black presidents are sick...

for sum reason tho, the channel zero's to me were the best ones...
http://
015578_l.jpg

oh.. and them slam gils up there.. if they had jus used black on the parts that are that green lime color, they would be viscious.

I would agree with the using black intead of the lime green on the "SLAM edition", but I think just using the black laces would help. CodeIVC-Didyou get the Channel Zero's???
Does anyone know if the Coke Zero version were ever released? There was so much hype around these shoes it would just be nice to get a glimpse of all thecolorways.

gilbertfan.. yeah, i had to hold myself back from getting too many pairs of the gils this year, so i got two, the chocolate citys (had to rep) and the channelzeros.. but i was jus at finishline the other day and they had the black/gold the grey/blue and the customizes all for 39.99..

so any info on if there is any new release planed or was this it?

slams scrapped sa well?

Please let these go on sale. I'm still working on getting all 20.

Anyone know of good place where it's on sale?

I called the customer service (special projects division) at Adidas. After a few days of checking into it they called me back and informed me that the SLAMEdition would not be released to the general public. They are only making about 75 pair which will be given to SLAM Magazine. SLAM Magazine will then berunning a contest for their members to possibly "WIN" the shoes. In my personal opinion that's pretty pathetic......... I calmly expressed mygripe and the young lady fielding my questions was in complete agreement. (I've been chasing these shoes for 5 months). Honestly, I'm not happy howthis entire release thing was carried out for the Gil II Zero's. The majority of the shoes were released either on dates not consistent with the datesprovided on the Gilbert website or shoes were just dropped from public production totally (Coke Zero, Home run king, SLAM). I'm glad that I got my twopair, but looking back on how much time I waisted tracking them down, I start to question if it was worth it. Jordan and Nike seem to be much moreprofessional and accurate about their drop dates.......sad though, 'cause I'm a huge Gilbert fan, play ball myself, and have been pleased with theactual Gil Zero and Gil II Zero products. Sorry for the bad news about the SLAM edition but maybe the info will save you all some time chasing.......

Disgruntled Physician (and undercover sneakerhead),
gilbertfan12

The release dates were screwed up because of Arenas' injury and lack of playing games. I can understand that part.

I can guarantee that these aren't selling that well so why not lower the price?

Back
Top Bottom