Gills and Pilrahna 3 basketball info request

I have a questions regarding some shoes I am going to purchase. I have read some of the reviews from you guys, but I need clear straightforward answers. I amlooking to to get these shoes and I need info on fit. I wear a US 12 in my other 2 Adidas shoes (A3 Electrify and KG1) and want to know how the sizing, fit andcushioning is on Gils & Pilrahnas. As I am in the UK, I can't try the shoes on before purchase (the UK sucks for variety in basketball shoes). I amlooking at the WHT/Blk/Red Pilrahnas and the Red/Blk Bennihana Gils on the Adidas website. I play the 3/4 position, so posting up, slashing, pounding theboards and the fast break is what I do. My other 2 shoes give me the variety I like. Here is a what I need to know about these new shoes....

1....How is the toe box - roomy, cramped (pinched pinky toe?)
2....What about the width of the shoe...narrow along the forefoot?
3....I am mainy going to simply rock the Gils as casual (maybe a pickup game now and then) so ankle support is not a concern in those but what about thePilrahnas?
4....Is the traction decent for the odd dusty gym and school floor for both shoes?
5....What about build quality...will they last?

I haven't figured out how to post pics yet, so sorry for not uploading them. I see this photo bucket thing, but was not sure.

I'd like to give a shout out to my hometown 'CHICAGO'

I can only speak from my experience with the Customize Gils, which are made from different materials from the one you want I believe:

1....How is the toe box? The Customizes use a thick patent, so the toe box is stifling at times. Good for some people, but just a tad too tight for my liking.They definitely run true to size though.

2....What about the width of the shoe? Slightly narrow maybe, but it's nothing to worry about. I could see some people saying it's extremely narrowbecause of the tight toe box, but that has nothing to do with width.

4....Is the traction decent for the odd dusty gym and school floor for both shoes? Traction on the Gil II's is much better for me than the first Gil Zeros.I have to wipe the bottoms and keep them clean, but they're shoes with better traction than most Adidas I've experienced.

5....What about build quality...will they last? These things have double stitching almost everywhere and the use of patent helps. I'd say a very qualityshoe overall, the one issue I had was impact protection and cushioning.

Thanks Deezy...Is the cushioning firm or just very low/thin. As I stated, I will mainly use the Gils as casual, but I still want nice cushioning when out andabout. Plus, I will play in them sometimes. I read somewhere about someone replacing the insoles with Soft Sols or something like that. Has anyone else playedin these. What about the Pilrahnas? Anyone play in these? I am looking foir as much info as possible as I want to purchase these within a week.

I guess you could say both, it's low, thin and very firm. I would be worried if I was playing in long sessions, in terms of impact protection and thestress you might feel in your feet, shins and knees. Replacing the insole would probably help a lot, if you like softer cushioning. But obviously those costextra.

So if you're just going to hoop in them every now and then, they're a good choice, because they're a pretty decent casual shoe.

Thanks again Deezy...I will definantly get the Gils based in part on your feedback. I am still waiting for someone to bring forward some input on the Pilrahna3 shoe. I am wondering about the traction, cushioning, transition and lockdown feel from the strap. Plus the original info I requested in start-post. If anyonehas played in them, some quick feedback would be most appreciated.

for the pilrahna 3:
1......the toe box is roomy and i didnt have any issues with my pinky toe being pinched.
2......the shoe isnt narrow in the forefoot. i wear a 13.5 and tried on a 13 and still felt like i had room on the sides.
4......the traction on them is pretty good. they dont feel like they have good traction if you rub the bottom, but once you play in them and get that toprubber scuffed off the grip is good.
5......the quality of them seems to be good. i have these and a pair of GCS Decades and they are both holding up and wearing at about the same rate.

cushioning: i think its standard compression molded EVA which is sufficient and they have good arch support. for me, when i play in the adidas (which haveclearly more support for the arch than nikes) my knees dont really feel sore after long sessions of playing.

transition: the transition on them is pretty good, i have some little creases in the toe, but i dont feel like i have to fight the shoe when im running in it.

lockdown: i think that the lockdown from the strap is great because it wraps all the way around your foot to hold it in place. when combined with this, thetransition becomes much smoother because your foot doesnt move at all really helps to make your foot feel like one with the shoe.

overall, i really like these shoes but i dont wear them as frequently as the decades that i mentioned before because the shoe is cut really low and is onlyslightly higher than a low top shoe and i have bad ankles. for the price, these are very very good shoes.

^^^d.i.c.k.s sporting goods has them in team colors. the one by me has white/black, black/white, white/navy, white/royal blue, black/white/red, and white/red.

Back
Top Bottom