GO TO SEASON THREAD.

Yeah I intentionally left the exception off because I doubt ownership would want to take on huge salaries this offseason. Maybe around the deadline to make moves if need be but not right now.

Landry was on the Kings when they had that log jam at the 4, wasn't he? Not sure how he's gonna get PT.

The only players I see that would be candidates for the TPE is either Perkins at OKC, Lin in Houston or Boozer in Chicago. However I wouldn't want any of them on the team cause their contracts extend beyond 2014.

Barnes will be FINE off the bench. He'll be this year's Jarret Jack and prolly win 6th man of the year. 

And I'm sure Dwight wanted to play with the Warriors since his chances to win a ring are better here than Houston... I think L.A just didn't wanna do a sign & trade. 

Either way, getting Biedrins + Jefferson, etc. for Iggy is the big picture! 

Worrying about "hindering Barnes' growth?... in the words of French Montana.. I AIN'T WORRY BOUT NOTHIN!!

so you don't see the impact mentally on Barnes, starting for 81 games the regular season and all of the playoff games and being moved to the bench.
He's in his second year, he's not a veteran player like Jack is. so to assume that he'll become 6th man is ridiculous just because he's taking over Jack's role of coming off the bench.

Barnes had a breakout postseason having more touches on the offensive end with Lee being out. And he only got the confidence to take those shots because he was starting every game.

It took Steph a full season of play (without being sidelined for too long) and without Monta to become a star. I don't think if Monta was still here, Steph would be the same player he was the 2nd half of the season and through the playoffs. We knew Steph was good his first few years but only with steady play and the ball being in his hands did he become a star.

So yeah, I am worried about Barnes' growth being hindered by Iggy.

“@gswscribe: Jarrett Jack is signing a four-year, $25 million deal with Cleveland, source says”
At least he got his money. I know he really wanted to go back to G state though sucks. This brings the question of who will be the backup for Steph because not only do you need a backup, you need a really good one because of his ankle issues
Time to get Teague

so you don't see the impact mentally on Barnes, starting for 81 games the regular season and all of the playoff games and being moved to the bench.
He's in his second year, he's not a veteran player like Jack is. so to assume that he'll become 6th man is ridiculous just because he's taking over Jack's role of coming off the bench.

Barnes had a breakout postseason having more touches on the offensive end with Lee being out. And he only got the confidence to take those shots because he was starting every game.

It took Steph a full season of play (without being sidelined for too long) and without Monta to become a star. I don't think if Monta was still here, Steph would be the same player he was the 2nd half of the season and through the playoffs. We knew Steph was good his first few years but only with steady play and the ball being in his hands did he become a star.

So yeah, I am worried about Barnes' growth being hindered by Iggy.
laugh.gif
 Breathe bro... just breeaaathe. LOL

Barnes will continue to grow from learning & playing with a veteran forward in Iguodala. Barnes can be our key 6th man now, just like JR Smith or a Kuwai Leonard.

Iguodala now> Barnes now.. Barnes is the future for sure, but he'll have to continue to grow behind iggy for now. I think it's a good thing to have him coming off the bench.. Gives him a chance to build confidence while giving it to some second string players. Barnes still has 4 years to win the starting position.. He's good. If anything, it should only motivate him more.

Last edited:
Barnes was only a rookie last year and broke out in the playoffs... it would not be a wise move to bring him off the bench IMO.... his offense is/will be better than Iggy's. Only thing I'll give Iggy the nod for is defensive play. Maybe Klay will come off the bench...

obviously the lineup is bogut/lee/iggy/thompson/curry maybe by the end of the season barnes will start

I'd welcome Ammo back for the nights Klays struggling.

Our frontcourts iiiiight for now.. Lee, bogut, and ezeli is a good 3 man rotation with Barnes and Dray at 4 on occasion.

Backup PG should be top priority right now IMO

Last edited:
what up ya'll. Man I've been lurkin this thread for years 
laugh.gif

Shouldn't we be trying to sign a C? With Ezeli out ..
With beans gone, festus out, and bogut not 100%. What you guys think in going after kamen? Really think dude can be a factor on the defensive end.

There you have it. The Nuggets got Hickson for cheap. 3 years 15 mill. Talk about underpaid.
And to think maybe he would sign with us if we contacted him. :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom