GO TO SEASON THREAD.

Is there really talks about sending Love over here for Barnes and Lee? All those sources via Google are from sites I'm not too familiar with.

I wouldn't. Maybe Lee for Love, but not Barnes. His team didn't get "good" until they got Rubio. I'm not saying he should lead his team to the playoffs alone, but they were horrible.

Sorry forgot to mention Alexey Shved as part of the deal......still wouldn't do it.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1158/david-lee

"The Warriors are reportedly exploring trade options for David Lee, but they were rebuffed in their offers for Andrea Bargnani and LaMarcus Aldridge.

Lee would have been packaged with Rush in the Aldridge deal, but it's not surprising that their offers were spurned -- Lee is owed $44 million over the next three years, and his defensive shortcomings tend to offset his offensive skills. Lee is currently recovering from hip surgery he had in late May, but he's expected to be ready for training camp."

Gross

Rumor in NY has it that y'all want Tyson Chandler. As for who, that remains a mystery to us in the Knicks thread.

I'll be estaic if we trade Lee's contract.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

There's something that I am not quite understanding with the whole potential trade idea for Dwight Howard.  The current rumor is Bogut & Barnes/Klay for Dwight.  Now, I understand that isnt an offer that is on the table from us, but it seems to be a bigger package than it needs to be.

Not that Howard isnt worth those players.....he definitely is.  BUT, the Lakers are about to get nothing for Howard.  Why isn't the rumor Bogut and filler for Howard?  Why does it include Barnes or Klay?  The Lakers have no leverage here.  Wouldn't they be better served to get SOMETHING for Howard instead of NOTHING? 

It seems a lot of NBA fans have gone sour on Howard, and I cant understand it. He is the best center in the league, and the Warriors are essentially built the same way the Magic were....except being a much better version of that team. Dwight would flourish here, and we would be amazing with him.

I would love to have him on the team.  I just would rather not have to give up good, young and inexpensive pieces to make it happen.  Bogut and filler seems more than enough to give up to a team that will likely get nothing for him.

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't want to give up too much for him because I don't want to take away from one strenght and put him higher up on the offense list than he needs to be.

That being said, I think you're overlooking what leverage the Lakers do have - they have multiple suitors wanting his services and thus can pick the best package because they can offer the most FA $. Regardless as to where he goes, my guess is going to be a s&t to some degree, no?

Last edited:
There's something that I am not quite understanding with the whole potential trade idea for Dwight Howard.  The current rumor is Bogut & Barnes/Klay for Dwight.  Now, I understand that isnt an offer that is on the table from us, but it seems to be a bigger package than it needs to be.

Not that Howard isnt worth those players.....he definitely is.  BUT, the Lakers are about to get nothing for Howard.  Why isn't the rumor Bogut and filler for Howard?  Why does it include Barnes or Klay?  The Lakers have no leverage here.  Wouldn't they be better served to get SOMETHING for Howard instead of NOTHING? 

It seems a lot of NBA fans have gone sour on Howard, and I cant understand it. He is the best center in the league, and the Warriors are essentially built the same way the Magic were....except being a much better version of that team. Dwight would flourish here, and we would be amazing with him.

I would love to have him on the team.  I just would rather not have to give up good, young and inexpensive pieces to make it happen.  Bogut and filler seems more than enough to give up to a team that will likely get nothing for him.
In this case, since the Warriors have no cap space to get Dwight outright it is sort of in the Lakers' hands in regards to what they can get back. They can demand Bogut, Jefferson and one of Thompson or Barnes. I believe the magic number needed for the Warriors is $23 million worth of salary to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade involving Dwight.

Now if Dwight makes an ultimatum, "I'll sign with the Rockets and leave you with nothing or we can work a sign-and-trade with the Warriors for you to get something back without hurting long-term flexibility" then maybe that changes things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom