Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Nike is dropping subtle hints that they really want LeGod in NYC.

Best believe, if he does come, I will be scooping up another Authentic Jersey since Spreewell left.
It would be the first knick jersey I ever buy
pimp.gif

make it happen
pimp.gif

Imagine Jonny on the break with Will and Bron filling lanes with Gallo trailing for the 3 ball.

not to mention Bosh or Amare

ahhhh

Originally Posted by Al3xis

make it happen
pimp.gif

Imagine Jonny on the break with Will and Bron filling lanes with Gallo trailing for the 3 ball.

not to mention Bosh or Amare

ahhhh

Flynn fits in MSG
pimp.gif
nerd.gif

and if im not mistaking there was another PG #10 we took in the draft who previously had success in MSG in college and took home MVP of the NIT tourney whichwas held at MSG (Flynn won MVP of the Big East but same +@@%), what was his name, Frazier or something???

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

no way is frazier letting flynn where #10
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Clearly yo. Nor should anyone want Flynn to rock 10. Clyde is a legend and 10 will never be rocked again in Knicks history... I'm justpointing out the similarities.

This draft has my heart torn.

I think Rubio would be the best option as a PG for this team [we need a true PG who wants to distribute rather than take shots].

But do we have a better shot at getting LeBron if we draft Stephen Curry?

and aside from those two... Flynn looks like a really good PG if Rubio is off the board.
ohwell.gif

I want Rubio. Hopefully Donnie's working the phones right now, because I think he'd be the best fit with guys like Gallo and Ill Will.

Stephen Curry worries me. How often do small scoring guards made as much of an impact as a distributing PG. Curry would be good in D'Antoni's offense,but I think Rubio's going to be the better player, and he fills a bigger need right now, and for the future.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

him and bron are real tight, I mean if it helps us recruit Lebron, why not?
laugh.gif

I think Rubio would be the best option as a PG for this team [we need a true PG who wants to distribute rather than take shots].

and aside from those two... Flynn looks like a really good PG if Rubio is off the board.
ohwell.gif
Exactly. It seems as if many teams are passing on drafting rubio, but i have a feeling if he drops to 4 a team is gonan draft him regardless if hedidnt work out for them or if he doesnt want to play for them. I hope we some how move up to that 3rd or 4th spot to draft rubio. As of right now it seems asif curry is gone by 8 and we'll be lucky to even have flynn left on the board at 8. So either we have a great draft day or a horrible one, nothing inbetween. I cant stand us drafting holiday or jennings. i feel as if both will be a cancer on whatever team they end up playing for

Griffin
Rubio
Harden
Thabeet
Flynn
Curry

that's what my big board would look like...if Flynn AND Curry are gone...
indifferent.gif

Can players be traded on draft night anymore?

I absolutely do not expect 1 of Nate and Lee to be with the team by training camp, and probably both to be gone by the trade deadline.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

ohwell.gif
Exactly. It seems as if many teams are passing on drafting rubio, but i have a feeling if he drops to 4 a team is gonan draft him regardless if he didnt work out for them or if he doesnt want to play for them. I hope we some how move up to that 3rd or 4th spot to draft rubio. As of right now it seems as if curry is gone by 8 and we'll be lucky to even have flynn left on the board at 8. So either we have a great draft day or a horrible one, nothing in between. I cant stand us drafting holiday or jennings. i feel as if both will be a cancer on whatever team they end up playing for
The more and more I read I think one of two things is going to happen:

We draft Curry at 8.

But if he's taken off the board already, I think the Knicks trade up and take the rights for Rubio.

Griffin
Rubio
Harden
Thabeet
Flynn
Curry

indifferent.gif

I absolutely do not expect 1 of Nate and Lee to be with the team by training camp, and probably both to be gone by the trade deadline.

Teams can't trade impending free agents on Draft night...gotta wait till July for that to get started.

Lee and right to #8 for rights to #2
nerd.gif

Griffin
Rubio
Harden
Thabeet
Flynn
Curry

indifferent.gif

Youd take Rubio AND Harden over Thabeet? Interestin yo. I repectfully disagee
laugh.gif

My big board...

1. Griffin
2. Thabeet
3. Rubio
4. Harden
5. Flynn
6. Curry
7. Jennings
8. Evans/ Hill

1 hr 43 mins ago

[h3]Jennings wants to be aKnick, too[/h3]
Brandon Jennings or Stephen Curry? The Knicks may not have the opportunity to choose between the two with the eighth overall pick, but they could have a shot at either.

And both of them have made it known they would prefer to be a Knick.

"I really want to come here, I'm not going to lie," Jennings said. "[Mike] D'Antoni's system is great for all point guards. You see what he did for Steve Nash, the two years MVP back -to-back and the Phoenix Suns were one of the most exciting teams to watch in the NBA for those two years. So his system is great for me."

One thing I quickly learned about BJ, he loves to talk. He also pays attention, such as when he noted that I was wearing an UnderArmour golf shirt. Jennings has an endorsement deal with UnderArmour.

And when it comes to the sport of saying anything, as we saw with his Ricky Rubio rant, Jennings is a willing participant. Such as when you get him talking about the current Knicks. Chris Duhon and the heavy load of minutes, for instance, that clearly wore the 26-year-old veteran down in the second half.

"Duhon played a lot of minutes," Jennings said, "But I don't mind playing them anyway because I'm young, I'm 19, I can go forever. I think New York has good pieces, they have Robinson, Harrington, Lee. So they have great pieces, they just need that point guard to come in here and run the team..."

[Bloghost note: I bolded that for Mr. Duhon].

Jennings then added, "....and then hopefully get LeBron in 2010."

As we heard from the participants in the previous workouts, the players said the Knicks put a lot of emphasis on shooting drills and fast-break stuff. They also played some three-on-three. Jennings and Tyreke Evans went head-to-head and while Evans clearly has a much stronger build, the slight, but quick Jennings apparently held his own. Both were pleased with how they were able to get to the rim -- the "bigs" were Earl Clark and Austin Daye -- and both said they shot the ball well.

Evans said that is one part of his game he feels he has improved since the end of the season.

"I just wanted to show them I can handle the ball and score as well as make other people better," he said. "I think I did a good job today. One thing I improve on is my shot . . . I came in today and showed I can shoot the shot."

Evans, who is 6-5, is unquestionably a combo/shooting guard and not someone I believe the Knicks would target as a point guard. Jennings is a pure point, a Rafer Alston-type. Flashy, quick and brimming with confidence. I know he's from Compton, but you'd swear he was born on New York soil. And there is reason to believe that year in Europe -- while his numbers weren't impressive -- gives him an advantage over the guys who played in college. He certainly thinks so.

"Playing against grown men every day, coaches weren't just kissing my butt, I had to go out there and earn my spot," he said. "I'm playing against bigger and stronger guys every day, it was good for me. Just the whole experience was great . . . It was good for me, it was a humbling experience for me. If I would have went to college I would have played 30 minutes and I would have got whatever I wanted. But I had to go over there and earn my spot."

It sounds like he could wind up anywhere from Memphis to Sacramento to Golden State. Evans says just about everyone has shown an interest in him, though I firmly believe his best-case scenario would be in Minnesota, next to Randy Foye.

Clark shows tantalizing amounts of talent, but the fact that his motor idles so low is a major concern. Perhaps surrounded by talent (and strong veteran leadership) he could reach some of that vast potential. No. 8 is probably too high, but the Knicks did the right thing by bringing him in to see firsthand before they dumped him down the list.

Daye could be a special talent in a few years. Dude is rail thin, even thinner than I remember Anthony Randolph when he came in last year. But the skill set is there. Maturity will help. This is why I continue to hope the NBA figures out how to make the D-League a more effective minor league system. You can't flood the league with so many 19-year-olds and risk burying them on NBA benches and seeing them sour amid hardcore veterans. Just soapboxin here, but if the NBA had a minor league system akin to the NHL or even baseball, you would be able to develop players at a more reasonable pace and still pay them a decent wage. There would also be less of a desperation to jump out of the NCAA ranks so quickly.

Anyway..Jordan Hill tomorrow. He comes in on his own. At least Jennings-Evans-Holiday-Curry-Flynn-Lawson all went toe-to-toe with each other. Then again, who is Hill going to go up against, Tyler Hansbrough?

Hill is an interesting prospect for the Knicks because he is, of course, not a guard. I will venture to say he'd really have to blow them away with a shooting touch and athleticism (even ball handling) to push his way into their top 3. And, of course, he may not even last to No. 8.

Other notes:

* - Chad Ford is saying that Ricky Rubio is slipping down the draft chart. Could he wind up on the board at No. 8 to the Knicks? I still say the chances are very slim.

* - The Cavaliers are not the only team that has inquired about a trade with the Suns for Shaquille O'Neal. Among a small group of others is the Knicks, but before we go for a drive to Rumorville, a source said it was mainly Donnie Walsh doing his due diligence and did not engage in any serious discussions. O'Neal, 37, has one year left at $20 million and, according to several persons with knowledge of the situation, would welcome a trade to New York. But the preference would be to move to a championship contender such as the Cavs.

* - Danilo Gallinari went home to Italy for a few days in the midst of his rehabilitation stint from season-ending back surgery in April. He is expected to return to New York next week and plans to join the Knicks in Las Vegas for the NBA Summer League in July. He will not play, but he told some reporters in the Italian media that he does plan to participate in practices and workouts while in Vegas.

* - I'll be a guest tonight on 1050 ESPN Radio with Jon Rothstein at 10:25 p.m. JR, a has a pretty solid hoops lineup of Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel, UCLA coach Ben Howland and ESPN's Fran Fraschilla along with some no-name Knicks beat writer your favorite bloghost. Lots of NBA Draft talk starting at 10 p.m., so tune in!

I personally don't think so. He's got crazy talent, but he's so erratic, he reminds me of Jamal Crawford.

Back
Top Bottom