GOAT APP legit?

The bad business is penalizing lower priced buyers and sellers. Seller A sells for 500 and seller B sells for 400. Seller A's box comes in crushed and fulfills the order with 400 seller B's uncrushed box leaving 400 seller and buyer haggling over a discount with GOAT. I'm pretty sure GOAT is making adjustments due to the UPS backlog and not normal business practices. What about the 100s of other buyers waiting on an 11? Only your buyer doesn't have to wait?
It's based on who bought first, not who paid the most. And I don't have a buyer. That's the part you're missing. I sold to StockX, not an individual buyer.I

Well that’s wrong, people do wait especially during this time for year.

I’ve ordered twice and taken about two weeks
Of course everyone waits bc all mail is slow but you're not waiting on your particular pair to get there. If you're #89 in line to get a pair of Beluga 2.0 size 11, you get the 89th pair that comes into their warehouse. You don't have to wait for 120 pairs to come through until "your" pair finally gets there.

Again, you buy and sell to StockX, not an individual.

It's based on who bought first, not who paid the most. And I don't have a buyer. That's the part you're missing. I sold to StockX, not an individual buyer.I
ok take the cost out of it even though all sales prices aren't the same. GOAT ships the first shoes to arrive to the first buyer who bought. Now the second pair arrives, but was actually sold first , but in bad condition and that seller and second buyer are on the hook. FTR GOAT didn't buy your shoes they held the buyers money and releases it you, minus their fee, once verified. You make it sound like a ponzi scheme :lol:

ok take the cost out of it even though all sales prices aren't the same. GOAT ships the first shoes to arrive to the first buyer who bought. Now the second pair arrives, but was actually sold first , but in bad condition and that seller and second buyer are on the hook. FTR GOAT didn't buy your shoes they held the buyers money and releases it you, minus their fee, once verified. You make it sound like a ponzi scheme :lol:
I don't think you realize what a Ponzi scheme is.

Look, it's really simple. StockX buys your pair when they know they have it sold. They are an exchange, not a middleman between specific buyers and specific sellers. It's really simple.

I don't think you realize what a Ponzi scheme is.

Look, it's really simple. StockX buys your pair when they know they have it sold. They are an exchange, not a middleman between specific buyers and specific sellers. It's really simple.
Part of the miscommunication here is that I'm talking about GOAT and you're talking about stock x...

They operate the same.
You don't have to apply to be a seller and pictures aren't required on stock x. Does stock x do consignment for sellers when the buyer backs out of sale due to a defect or refused discount offer? I dont mess with stock x so I don't know.

You don't have to apply to be a seller and pictures aren't required on stock x. Does stock x do consignment for sellers when the buyer backs out of sale due to a defect or refused discount offer? I dont mess with stock x so I don't know.
Pictures don't matter bc the buyer never sees them. Goat doesn't even do them after you have a certain amount of sales. Not sure if Stockx does consignment. Never had that issue.

Pictures don't matter bc the buyer never sees them. Goat doesn't even do them after you have a certain amount of sales. Not sure if Stockx does consignment. Never had that issue.
I didn't say they mattered I said they aren't required on stock x to point out how they operate differently. The consignment aspect and the offering buyers discounts based on the verification process is another way they operate differently as far as I'm aware...

I didn't say they mattered I said they aren't required on stock x to point out how they operate differently. The consignment aspect and the offering buyers discounts based on the verification process is another way they operate differently as far as I'm aware...
I was referring to how pairs are brought in, sorted, and dispersed. I wasn't suggesting that every aspect is the same.

We're just going on circles. Ive tried to explain it the best I can but if if makes you feel better to think you're buying a specific pair of anonymous unseen shoes from an anonymous buyer and your order is only filled off that specific pair of shoes, go for it.

Anyone else have packages sitting in Detroit but not being delivered to StockX? I shipped last Tuesday, 11/28, from Florida and UPS didn't get it to Detroit until 12/6. It's just been sitting in Detroit since then.

Scheduled Delivery:

Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later.

Last Location:

Detroit, MI, United States, Wednesday, 12/06/2017

Detroit, MI, United States 12/06/2017 2:33 P.M. PKG SHIPPED; DELIVERY BEING SCHEDULED
12/06/2017 8:02 A.M. Destination Scan
12/06/2017 5:04 A.M. Arrival Scan
Maumee, OH, United States 12/06/2017 3:06 A.M. Departure Scan
Maumee, OH, United States 12/05/2017 9:10 P.M. Arrival Scan
Jacksonville, FL, United States 12/01/2017 9:16 A.M. Departure Scan
11/30/2017 11:00 A.M. A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.
Jacksonville, FL, United States 11/30/2017 8:02 A.M. Arrival Scan
Miami, FL, United States 11/29/2017 10:10 P.M. Departure Scan
11/29/2017 1:05 P.M. The shipment has been dropped off and is now at The UPS Store®.
United States 11/28/2017 6:48 P.M. (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS

StockX is backed up due to holidays. They are holding back deliveries til they get what’s in right now out the way

Mine were supposed to be deliveried Monday, I live 45 minutes away. Finally got in yesterday and cashed out

StockX is backed up due to holidays. They are holding back deliveries til they get what’s in right now out the way

Mine were supposed to be deliveried Monday, I live 45 minutes away. Finally got in yesterday and cashed out
That's what I figured. Thanks.

How has Goat been during the holidays? Maybe the two locations are helping.

probably worse considering theyre harsher on grading. i remember last year some dude bought my toro 4's sometime in december. that fool thought he was getting them in time for christmas. they didnt verify that pair til a few days after. lol. i remember cuz the turnaround was so long.

probably worse considering theyre harsher on grading. i remember last year some dude bought my toro 4's sometime in december. that fool thought he was getting them in time for christmas. they didnt verify that pair til a few days after. lol. i remember cuz the turnaround was so long.

True but now they have two full size facilities, that will def help. It’s not like they take an hour to inspect every shoe.

They insane volume of sales and packages coming in and out daily. I bet the wait right now to get shoes in isn’t even that bad that UPS bring quite chaotic

The issue with StockX I don’t think they even have that many people who actually authenticate unless someone can say actual number. I know before it was basically fake education and another guy no word or mention of anyone other than them two

Has anyone sold recently with goat.. Any hang ups like stockx? Both I’ve sold thru stockx have been at least 2 days behind delivery date. Just curious, had a pair sell on goat earlier..

I've sold ten pairs in the past week on goat. All arrived and were authenticated within 3-4 days of being shipped out.

I dropped off a few pairs at the pop-up this morning. Pretty cool experience. You just show up and they scan the barcode on the email they send you when you agree to drop off. There were tons of 11's and beluga's. I haven't been cashed out, so still waiting to see how long it will take.

If you have something to sell but it's not on StockX or GOAT yet, how do you get it added?
Type the name of the shoe and there is “tap here” if no results found which should take u to google images and you just add that shoe and size and everything. That is for goat not sure about stock x

Anyone having issues with GOAT offers and bids not reflecting the correct numbers in the app?

He and I were basically saying the same thing. Bottom line, he was buying a pair from GOAT at X price. That's all that matters. Think of it his way, your purchase/sell isn't tied to a specific buyer/seller. When the shoes come in, they toss the seller's paperwork after they are authenticated. They go into a pile with hundreds of pairs of the same shoe. As a buyer, I'll get one of those pairs. Doesn't mean I'll get the exact one that I clicked buy on.

I think in probably 99% of the cases, you’re in fact receiving the exact pair you purchase via the app. I’m not sure if you noticed, but when you buy your shoes, it will let you know when they’re on their way to the facility, when they received them, or whether your pair passed or failed authentification (a passed pair will be in the form of “they’re on their way). I honestly couldn’t tell you time it would be otherwise.

A few times I’ve had pics sent from both GOAT and StockX on the condition of shoes and whether they were acceptable to me. One difference between the two is GOAT will ask the seller how much they’re willing to take off the price from 5% to I believe up to 20%. If the buyer declines, GOAT will ask you whether you want your pair shipped back or put on consignment. Additionally, GOAT will let sell used shoes, but StockX does not. On occasion, GOAT will sell pairs the company has as well. Outside of that, it’s Seller A shipping GOAT/StockX to buyer A. It’s not a first in, first out type of transaction. They’re simply a middle man that verifies authenticity/they’re up to snuff between 2 customers.

To answer the comment about the poor sap waiting. If you so happened to have purchased a pair of from a deadbeat, they you’re also the poor sap that gets refunded; it’s not random.

Think of it like this. If they sold a pair of Yeezys and shipped them off to a customer and the pair they get it is fake, that means StockX or GOAT would be upside down and would be taking it in the pants. You’d be charged a lot more than 15% for the inconvenience. You’d be on the hook for entire amount of the purchase and probably 15% for their inconvenience. Even if you’re paid through StockX and they fail, they get their money back and they send that particular pair back to the seller. Hope that makes sense.

From GOAT:

“How does it work?
Sellers list their sneakers for sale on GOAT, while buyers peruse over 75,000 sneakers on the website, iPhone and Android apps. If you make a purchase, sellers are required to ship their sneakers to us for verification first and once they’re authenticated, we’ll ship them to you. If we find they are replicas or they are not as described, we’ll notify you and offer a full refund.”

Last edited:
Anyone having issues with GOAT offers and bids not reflecting the correct numbers in the app?
Yes. I emailed them already and they said they are aware of the issue. They are trying to correct it but it's been at least a week already since the email.

for those using GOAT I would suggest changing password immediately. My account was used to purchase a pair of shoes, luckily I caught it quickly enough to cancel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom