GOAT APP legit?

We know that GOAT (and some people) are picky about boxes. Normal scratches, small dents, should be expected, however large tears/dents/chunks missing should be noted because GOAT will hold sellers accountable for that. 

The best way to protect yourself is to add packaging materials to your shoes when you ship. We're not going to change GOAT's criteria unless everyone stops selling on it, so we might as well adapt to get as much $$$ as we can with as little BS as possible.

The USPS throws packages around like crazy, it's a given. I handed the postal worker my Infrared 6's and he tossed them upside down in the bin behind him. Yeah I was kind of pissed and hoping the box wasn't damaged, but they managed to pass GOAT.

I have a rule when packaging my shoes, if I shake the box and I can hear the shoe box moving around (the shoes will still move) then there's not enough padding. The quieter, the better protected the shoe box is with materials surrounding it. Some people think that putting a shoe box into a perfectly shaped mailing box is fine, but if a blunt/sharp object hits the mailing box, it's just going to directly contact your shoe box. You need some buffering space to slow/impede the contact. However if you don't put any packaging, your shoe box will just shift around inside the mailing box and could get torn/dented as well. The great thing about GOAT is that they pay for all shipping, so you don't have to factor that into your price and you can be a little more generous with packaging.

Last edited:
We know that GOAT (and some people) are picky about boxes. Normal scratches, small dents, should be expected, however large tears/dents/chunks missing should be noted because GOAT will hold sellers accountable for that. 

The best way to protect yourself is to add packaging materials to your shoes when you ship. We're not going to change GOAT's criteria unless everyone stops selling on it, so we might as well adapt to get as much $$$ as we can with as little BS as possible.

The USPS throws packages around like crazy, it's a given. I handed the postal worker my Infrared 6's and he tossed them upside down in the bin behind him. Yeah I was kind of pissed and hoping the box wasn't damaged, but they managed to pass GOAT.

I have a rule when packaging my shoes, if I shake the box and I can hear the shoe box moving around (the shoes will still move) then there's not enough padding. The quieter, the better protected the shoe box is with materials surrounding it. Some people think that putting a shoe box into a perfectly shaped mailing box is fine, but if a blunt/sharp object hits the mailing box, it's just going to directly contact your shoe box. You need some buffering space to slow/impede the contact. However if you don't put any packaging, your shoe box will just shift around inside the mailing box and could get torn/dented as well. The great thing about GOAT is that they pay for all shipping, so you don't have to factor that into your price and you can be a little more generous with packaging.

SALUTE

Just got an email from Goat saying the seller shipped replicas! I'm happy but pissed at the same time smh!! Will the seller get banned?

Last edited:
Just got an email from Goat saying the seller shipped replicas! I'm happy but pissed at the same time smh!! Will the seller get banned?
What shoe did you order? I heard from a member on here that GOAT said the shoes they sent to them were replicas too but they mentioned they bought the shoes from Flight Club. I think they ended up having to pay for GOAT to send them back so they could take them back to Flight Club for inspection. So, I was curious if the shoes were actually legit or not. 

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/OliviaGoatApp 
laugh.gif

I've used GOAT since early March of this year. Never had ANY issues with my shoes not being described properly. In the past 2 days, I've had 2 orders flagged for this. What a load of BS.

had the same experience as a poster above. recently purchased a pair of 2016 beds the seller shipped and GOAT sent me a email that the seller sent replicas. I was given the choice to either get a full refund in GOAT credit or be issued my refund in the original form of payment. i chose to have the money refunded to my account.  GOAT said that process could take 2-3 business days but it only took a couple of hours and the money was back in my account.  this was my first experience with GOAT and i wish i could have gotten the kicks but I'm glad they have there verification process however some of these things with shoe trees box condition and ankle collars sound  real nit picky

GOAT seems to be an awesome app and Im finally using my approved seller option on it but the photos I take keep looking like crap on it with my Samsung Note 5. Had to send them an email and they said the developers are looking into the Samsung photo issues. Hoping a new update will be along the way.

Has anyone actually sold something that was marked with a defect? With all these recent selling issues I'm having second thoughts about continuing to use GOAT. They really should allow you to take additional pics if you're including any sort of defect.

If Goat finds a "defect", and I use that term loosely, outside of canceling the order, do you have to offer the shoe for a lower price?  I mean, what if the buyer doesn't care about the "defect" and isn't requesting them for a lower price?

If Goat finds a "defect", and I use that term loosely, outside of canceling the order, do you have to offer the shoe for a lower price?  I mean, what if the buyer doesn't care about the "defect" and isn't requesting them for a lower price?
I think GOAT makes you either way, and who wouldn't want a lower price on a pair of shoes? lol

Last edited:
No you dont have to offer a discount. It says that in the email and the notification i think because they just want you to discount it

Theres an option for no discount as well. So if its something you think is stupid and minor theres a chance the buyer does too, click no discount the buyer can accept or reject.

No you dont have to offer a discount. It says that in the email and the notification i think because they just want you to discount it

Theres an option for no discount as well. So if its something you think is stupid and minor theres a chance the buyer does too, click no discount the buyer can accept or reject.
Gotcha.....that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom