GOAT APP legit?

I'm glad I found this thread!  

I'm in talks with someone trying to purchase a pair of Fragment Jordan 1's, which he purchased from GOAT. He has all the paperwork and email stating the shoes are authentic.  I went one step further and emailed GOAT to verify the authenticity of the paperwork and if the user has purchased the Fragments from GOAT.  They were able to confirm both: paperwork is authentic and the buyer purchased Fragments from them.  However, they did state that the shoes could be of a different non-authentic pair.  

So my question is......why doesn't GOAT include the shoe's UPC or bar code information on their Certification papers to verify the shoe to the paperwork?  Seems to me, that's the reason you would get your shoe authenticated with official documentation.
Well, they don't send buyers certification papers to my knowledge. Only StockX does. The seller requested the documents from GOAT I'm guessing. 

The intent of GOAT is to buy or resell on the site. Not buy and then resell outside of GOAT. Like GOAT stated, they cannot confirm the shoes that the seller is selling are authentic. Only that the seller purchased authentic ones from them. 

I just sold my 21st shoe today on GOAT. Love the app for cleaning up my closet but I'm pretty upset that they jacked up their commission and are charging for bank transfers now I believe. 

Last edited:
Well, they don't send buyers certification papers to my knowledge. Only StockX does. The seller requested the documents from GOAT I'm guessing. 

The intent of GOAT is to buy or resell on the site. Not buy and then resell outside of GOAT. Like GOAT stated, they cannot confirm the shoes that the seller is selling are authentic. Only that the seller purchased authentic ones from them. 

I just sold my 21st shoe today on GOAT. Love the app for cleaning up my closet but I'm pretty upset that they jacked up their commission and are charging for bank transfers now I believe. 

If you have sold that many pairs I believe your ACH fees are waived until next year. Mine are at least. Think of it from a business perspective they want to keep the money within the app. If you don't cash out and purchase something they get another 9.5 in commission so it makes perfect business sense for them.

If you have sold that many pairs I believe your ACH fees are waived until next year. Mine are at least. Think of it from a business perspective they want to keep the money within the app. If you don't cash out and purchase something they get another 9.5 in commission so it makes perfect business sense for them.
Good catch. I think mines are waived too. Yeah, from their perspective, it's logical but I I have purchased maybe 4-5 pairs from them so I intend to mostly cash out. 

Cats is low balling the hell out of me right now on StockX. One cat increases his bid by 5 dollars on a daily basis, sometimes he lowers it by 5. I want to reach through the screen and smack the **** out of whoever it is every time I get an email update from his bids.
laugh.gif
Worst thing about Stockx, this 1 guy just kept dropping their offer $40 just to go up $5-$10. Then you just keep getting those stupid emails. After a month, got no sales and a bunch of stockx spam emails. Stopped using them and have moved on to Goat and sold 2 pairs recently in less than a month, what I couldn't sell at stockx for a month (Asked for same amount on both after all their fees)

I tried that and each time told me i was missin a pic. So i just posted it blurry cuz i was tired of f'n with it.

Then the flash automatically kept coming on when i had full lighting so i had to use a piece of paper to cover it up it eventually stopped coming on
I think you just need a picture in that spot, but they prefer the tag. I only took pictures of the tag if it was easy to, if not I just took a different picture like size stick on the insoles instead. So far my listings are still up.

Yea i jus snapped n said forget it. It is wat it is n theyll inspect it wjen they get it but im not worried cuz everything comes from retail

You make a good point about reselling.  I sent GOAT another email about the certification papers and they told me they include them with every purchase.  So in my opinion, these papers is almost useless if it doesn't associate it to a specific pair of kicks. I guess it makes the buyer feel good about their purchase from GOAT and that's about it..

You make a good point about reselling.  I sent GOAT another email about the certification papers and they told me they include them with every purchase.  So in my opinion, these papers is almost useless if it doesn't associate it to a specific pair of kicks. I guess it makes the buyer feel good about their purchase from GOAT and that's about it..

Ah, they are probably referring to the little GOAT card they include. It's a generic glossy card. Not specific to any kicks like you noted. It's not some special authentic approval documentation. Anyways, I wouldn't buy off the seller. They can't prove the pair they send you is legit. Just that they bought an authentic pair from GOAT.

What exactly are you complaining about? You're buying shoes that are 100% authentic and you have no risk or worries about getting scammed or getting fakes

I legit don't get it.

Ah, they are probably referring to the little GOAT card they include. It's a generic glossy card. Not specific to any kicks like you noted. It's not some special authentic approval documentation. Anyways, I wouldn't buy off the seller. They can't prove the pair they send you is legit. Just that they bought an authentic pair from GOAT.

Believe me every shoe goes true a deep authentification process. Nothing is passed if there's uncertainty. Legit shoes of all big releases are on deck for deep comparison if needed.

What exactly are you complaining about? You're buying shoes that are 100% authentic and you have no risk or worries about getting scammed or getting fakes

I legit don't get it.
lol please re-read from my initial post.  I think you're confused with what the issue is.

If the certificate of authenticity does not match a specific shoe, it's nothing more than just a business card.

Believe me every shoe goes true a deep authentification process. Nothing is passed if there's uncertainty. Legit shoes of all big releases are on deck for deep comparison if needed.
Yeah, I fully understand that. I have purchased and sold on GOAT plenty of times now. Much prefer it to StockX. The issue in this particular case is that reseller is trying to resell a pair of authentic shoes he purchased on GOAT. The issue is that he can't prove that the pair he is selling in particular are that authentic pair. 

How can a buyer see the sneaker pics being sold by that seller? Since sellers have to provide pics to GOAT, it should be available. I'm still new on navigating through it.

I recently made an offer on a pair of sneaker and it was accepted and it's at GOAT now being authenticated. Took a week to get there and it might take another week to reach me.
mean.gif

Yeah, I fully understand that. I have purchased and sold on GOAT plenty of times now. Much prefer it to StockX. The issue in this particular case is that reseller is trying to resell a pair of authentic shoes he purchased on GOAT. The issue is that he can't prove that the pair he is selling in particular are that authentic pair. 

The shoe is out of their hands, so thats not their issue anymore. If someone is selling a pair of shoes after the fact it's their job to prove that pair is authentic to the buyer, or for the buyer to prove their authentic his or herself. A card won't due much to help cuz a seller and swap em for a fake pair. Then the buyer would put that on GOAT when in reality the reseller frauded him/her.

Thats why NT and other places offers legit checks.

Last edited:
Seems like a great choice for selling shoes. I'm tired of people flaking out and not sending payment on eBay. I went ahead and signed up to sell on GOAT and am waiting to get approval.

How long has GOAT been around? One thing I noticed they tend to only have hyped shoes. Trainers, Tech challenges, runners, etc. are very sparse.

Seems like a great choice for selling shoes. I'm tired of people flaking out and not sending payment on eBay. I went ahead and signed up to sell on GOAT and am waiting to get approval.

How long has GOAT been around? One thing I noticed they tend to only have hyped shoes. Trainers, Tech challenges, runners, etc. are very sparse.

Search, they have every shoe

The newest listings are usually hyped kicks since people looking to move em

You can list any shoe you want

I have. 4 right here they don't have. I fear some of the lesser known shoes may be hard to move on GOAT.

Last edited:

I have. 4 right here they don't have. I fear some of the lesser known shoes may be hard to move on GOAT.

I think whay Zyzz was saying is that GOAT has every shoe in their catalogue and therefore available for sellers to list for sale on the site/app, not that every shoe is literally being sold on there right now. Naturally though, the most recently released shoes are the ones with the most pairs on there.

I think whay Zyzz was saying is that GOAT has every shoe in their catalogue and therefore available for sellers to list for sale on the site/app, not that every shoe is literally being sold on there right now. Naturally though, the most recently released shoes are the ones with the most pairs on there.
Makes sense. I guess what Im trying to say is it would be hard to sell lesser known shoes perhaps as there aren't any sizes available. There is no demand for them because no one is looking for them on GOAT. I think sneaker heads probably use GOAT to buy the newly released shoe. Whereas someone selling an older or less popular model may have better luck selling it on eBay.

Last edited:

How can a buyer see the sneaker pics being sold by that seller? Since sellers have to provide pics to GOAT, it should be available. I'm still new on navigating through it.

I recently made an offer on a pair of sneaker and it was accepted and it's at GOAT now being authenticated. Took a week to get there and it might take another week to reach me.
mean.gif
As a seller I've been confused about this as well as to why I need to take pics if the buyer can't even see them but I think it's more so that GOAT wants to ensure that the buyer actually has the shoes in hand before they can list it. Unlike stockx where anybody can list any shoe with zero evidence. The GOAT team looks at the pictures the seller takes them clears the sneakers to be listed. The app doesn't take pictures very well at all so maybe when they improve it they will allow for buyers to see the pictures sellers send.

Makes sense. I guess what Im trying to say is it would be hard to sell lesser known shoes perhaps as there aren't any sizes available. There is no demand for them because no one is looking for them on GOAT. I think sneaker heads probably use GOAT to buy the newly released shoe. Whereas someone selling an older or less popular model may have better luck selling it on eBay.
this is true, if you're selling something "lesser" known shoes, GOAT won't be the best place.

You never know what someone is searching for

I did sell some old Kobe 8s in lesser known/wanted color ways. Both were used and sold in a few days. I was shocked

List what you got, you never know who is search for what.

You never know what someone is searching for

I did sell some old Kobe 8s in lesser known/wanted color ways. Both were used and sold in a few days. I was shocked

List what you got, you never know who is search for what.

Interesting, thanks! How long have they been doing this? Also how long did it take to become a seller?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom