GOAT APP legit?

Yeah, I fully understand that. I have purchased and sold on GOAT plenty of times now. Much prefer it to StockX. The issue in this particular case is that reseller is trying to resell a pair of authentic shoes he purchased on GOAT. The issue is that he can't prove that the pair he is selling in particular are that authentic pair.
unless the shoe itself is numbered, it's not possible to have a cert that is dedicated for that pair of shoe.

for certificates, items usually come with specific serial number, or at least batch number or date.

If anything this means GOAT needs to go the way of UPS or Fedex. Use one of their warehouses instead of their own. Otherwise postal workers familiar with expensive sneakers and GOAT could continue doing this.
they just need a GOAT seal on both ends of the box so if it's been tampered you would know when you receive the item. since they usually have a tracking system of which package goes out, along with the person on shift, it's still possible to backtrace whoever did this, but if it goes way back to processing part it'd  be difficult since there are many people working on scanning/handling the packages. but when it goes out UPS should know who handled the packages.

Last edited:
also i wonder how GOAT has all the models of shoes for actual comparison. even 1 pair per model is alot. and those elusive ones, it'd be hard for them to get.

also i wonder how GOAT has all the models of shoes for actual comparison. even 1 pair per model is alot. and those elusive ones, it'd be hard for them to get.

They probably go through the same shoe model so many times a day they can spot the and compare the difference. Most shoes resold are generally less than a year old.

Took about 2 weeks to get approved. I listed my ATC Agassi's and they sold in under 24 hours. I've had these listed on eBay for almost a year. 
laugh.gif

so now I have a feeling that since "power sellers" aren't going to have to post photos, they're going to use this to drive the prices down. I have a KD 9 preheat listed, every other side was 260 and up. So I want it to move semi quickly so I price at 220. Within minutes another's listed at 215. I drop mine to 210, and barely after I hit submit it's already dropped by the other guy another 10. I re-raised my price to 220. To me it was felt like someone was just trying to get their price down and seeing how much I would lower it. They should go back to needing the pictures of the shoes. 

Last edited:
Pictures of shoes? For What reason if they are DS?

I got into a price lowering war for fun with another seller. I had my Chicago lows and had them $5 less. After a few days the other seller decided to undercut me by $5 I kept going back and forth for fun because I got them for nothing basically so. Eventually he stopped but a few days later undercut me again

Screw that. Put my sz13 just dons there and havent had to move the lowest price at all. Still not selling. Been there 3 or 4 weeks. No offers either

Last edited:
Never gotten an offer either and don't even know or see an option to send one

Never gotten an offer either and don't even know or see an option to send one

The offers are confusing. You will not be notified on an offer because the offer is to anyone who has that sz available. For example this pair of moonrocks has a top offer of $1000. Lowest available is $1220. So let's say you have this shoe and sz and are ok selling it at $1k so you pull them out to do a listing. If you slide the bar to $1k the green bar will say sell now at this price. So you basically just filled a best offer. Henothernoption is if the $1220 seller wanted to sell them he would go edit his listing and change price to $1000.
View media item 2079155

i wanted to move some shoes the other day so i wanted to see what offers there were on some of my pairs that i do not have listed. so i would go on goat and act like i am starting a new listing , click sell sneakers choose the shoe and size. put cond then go to next page where the price bar comes up. on the bottom left it will show you what the current top offer is if there is one available. if the top offer is ok with you then just move the price bar to the top offer price then continue listing. sometime there is an issue and the sell doesnt go thru which just means the card was declined/ funds not available or something like that. you can basically go thru your whole collection and see what best offers are out there very easily.

correct. im saying if you want to sell at the top offer you have to list it at the top offer and it will sell right away as long as payment is confirmed.

Pictures of shoes? For What reason if they are DS?

I got into a price lowering war for fun with another seller. I had my Chicago lows and had them $5 less. After a few days the other seller decided to undercut me by $5 I kept going back and forth for fun because I got them for nothing basically so. Eventually he stopped but a few days later undercut me again
Because you should have to show them that you have the shoe instock. Without that you can have all type of price manipulation for someone looking to lower the market. I can see maybe allowing for less pictures, but no pictures is no bueno

Just sold my OVOs on here recently. Agreed how its stupid you have to take pictures if they are DS because you have to send them to GOAT anyways to verify, why waste time taking pictures. Overall the experience was pretty smooth. It is very nice that once they verify then they deal with any problems from the buyer and you are in the clear.

Just sold my OVOs on here recently. Agreed how its stupid you have to take pictures if they are DS because you have to send them to GOAT anyways to verify, why waste time taking pictures. Overall the experience was pretty smooth. It is very nice that once they verify then they deal with any problems from the buyer and you are in the clear.
because its part of GOAT policy to compare your pictures with actual item to ensure it's the same condition as you listed.

A lot of under cutting on goat, so I place my price the highest and when I see a good price I just sell my shoe

What i dont like is that youre going to make me take pics of my DS shoes to sell but when i want to buy DS shoes you dont even show me the pics that seller had to take.

It costs money to ship, and on top of that takes time to send em back. Why not nip it at the bud? Taking pics isnt pulling teeth exactly.

What i dont like is that youre going to make me take pics of my DS shoes to sell but when i want to buy DS shoes you dont even show me the pics that seller had to take.

Because half the time sellers have enough points and a rep, where pics arent required.

Last edited:
Because half the time sellers have enough points and a rep, where pics arent required.

Huh? Pics are required to list the item though, so why not just make the seller pics visible to buyer? Doesnt matter bout their rep.

For example:

- buying Hares, many people wanted certain colors on the tongue or didnt like colors they got

- recently released 11 lows, many people got 2 different patent leather cuts on their shoes

That could be something one would like to see vs blindly buying. Not everyone cares about those 2 examples but just used it because it was heavily talked about in those threads

This is a good point. Even though they are inspected, we can line up three pairs of Dead Stock shoes and find inconsistencies in all three pairs...some of which we could not sweat, but others might be an issue and cause you not to buy.

I've bought 3 pairs of kicks on goat all legit ... stockx is also a competitor and is the same thing

Back
Top Bottom