God, Satan and This World

News Flash: TV sucked pretty much equally back then.  So did music.  The reason we look back on the 90s and think of all these great things that came about from the time period is because we've cherry-picked the stuff that was actually really good and completely forgotten about the stuff that was crap.  Hence romanticizing the past.

I'm sorry...but I just don't buy into the conventional wisdom that "the world is going to hell in a handbasket." It's been said throughout time, yet things continue to get better and better. The economy will fluctuate.  That's unavoidable, but by no means is it permanent.  
hope you right

Humanity doesn't want to fess up and take responsibility for the atrocities that it commits to itself we would rather declare its the end of times or some type of holy reasoning that admit we are making terrible mistakes and dial back a bit and come up with a plan to survive as a whole.

free will
So god protects the free will of rapists and murderers, but not their victims? How does that work? Whether god intervenes in a raping or not, someone's free will is being taken, but by not intervening god automatically favours evil, he protects the rapists free will to rape, but the victim has no free will.  A non intervening god is also indistinguishable from there being no god. Also free will and omniscience are contradictory.

So god protects the free will of rapists and murderers, but not their victims? How does that work? Whether god intervenes in a raping or not, someone's free will is being taken, but by not intervening god automatically favours evil, he protects the rapists free will to rape, but the victim has no free will.  A non intervening god is also indistinguishable from there being no god. Also free will and omniscience are contradictory.

if you were that quiet kid in school no one noticed, would you not being distinguishable mean you didn't exist? There would be record of you of course in a school file. His record of existing is, us. That point maybe a difference in how we see the world, and that's ok. Its still legal.

if you were that quiet kid in school no one noticed, would you not being distinguishable mean you didn't exist?
No, but if you're going to use that analogy, god wouldn't just be a quiet kid, that while no one noticed, everyone would see once pointed out, he would be an invisible, inaudible, incorporeal kid that is undetectable by science.

But anyway, that wasn't really the point of my post, what I said about free will was.

I'm willing to bet that the percentage of people in the world living through extreme violence and suffering is substantially lower than it was 400 years ago....

Bet away. We can destroy this world now. Easily with all the weapons and potential weapons that exist. Never before has that been possible. It's not just about violence. Look at some of the social media sites and tell me people are feeling themselves more than ever. I'm not knocking social media but it's given a new Avenue for exaggerating self importance.

1. We have the ability to destroy the world..............and still haven't... that shows how well we've handled this power....

2 the world is worse because more people have inflated self worth through social media?

You're right... in medieval times the common folks knew they were lower class and didn't emulate the importance that was designated for those in positions of power.

/sarcasm

We are worse than animals.
Hate when people say this 
mean.gif

And there is no such thing as "evil", there is no such thing as "good" ...only varying degrees of human selfishness.

OP and HTG Designs I commend you brother. Many folks will always question God and his existence, unfortunately all we could do is attempt to bring light into those dark places. We must continue the fight even if it sometimes feels helpless for God is truly real!:smokin

I am a Satanist, I have never eaten any babies.

I love these "The world is getting worse" rants.

Your God sent a flood to kill innocent children and animals, he is worse than that mentally disturbed 15 year old.

Last edited:
John ~ 55:23

"They Don't Think It Be Like It Is But It Do"

Mark ~ 37:3

"I thought I was... trying to stay awoke."

John ~ 74:63

"Did dis dude just did dis?"

Bill ~ 1:01

"Ici laaa dans le Quebec laaaaaaa, on est Francais!!!!!"

Bentopher ~ 4:30pm

"Lol I cant even dont even if ur saying my body is ready real life lettuce lol."

Leoz Maxwell Jilliums ~ (310):324:6432

"rawr."

A guy from 1800 years ago with no agenda at all ~ 1:800

"Be nice to people. If you dont, you prob wont go to heaven. God exists."

A guy in 2009 ~ unknown

Those words of yours werent the beginning of anything. Why is it the be all end all of every problem.

John ~ 55:23

"They Don't Think It Be Like It Is But It Do"

Mark ~ 37:3

"I thought I was... trying to stay awoke."

John ~ 74:63

"Did dis dude just did dis?"

Bill ~ 1:01

"Ici laaa dans le Quebec laaaaaaa, on est Francais!!!!!"

Bentopher ~ 4:30pm

"Lol I cant even dont even if ur saying my body is ready real life lettuce lol."

Leoz Maxwell Jilliums ~ (310):324:6432

"rawr."

A guy from 1800 years ago with no agenda at all ~ 1:800

A guy in 2009 ~ unknown

Those words of yours werent the beginning of anything. Why is it the be all end all of every problem.

View media item 291379

Double posts is Satans way of giving us the middle finger.

Last edited:
Really? The 90s were safer than now?

Why did we need DARE programs and "stranger danger" videos?

Why was there such a big PCP epidemic where every night someone made the news for running the streets in a naked super strength killing spree? What do you think fueled all those Wu Tang and Bone Thugs songs? In the 90s our most popular rappers were openly talking about how much fun they have smoking Sherm and doing crime. Just the other day Souljaboy caught the wrath of the Internet for posting pics of lean post-weezy.

The world is literally safer and more supportive of individual human dignity and decency now than it has ever been.

In the 90s people were saying the same thing OP is saying, and it was safer then than it was in the 80s. Every generation thinks they live in end times, and folks been thinking they live in the moments before judgement day for thousands of years now, before Christianity even began.

Last edited:
Dudes forget how bad the 90s were if you lied in suburbia sure you were well off but the rest of the world was nowhere near as beautiful dudes fooled themselves into thinking we really lived in Hey Arnold.

Dudes forget how bad the 90s were if you lied in suburbia sure you were well off but the rest of the world was nowhere near as beautiful dudes fooled themselves into thinking we really lived in Hey Arnold.

This planet has always been dark, people who make threads like this are sheltered and ignorant. We live in a country and a time relatively free from the hardships people back in the day had to endure. Dude is on an internet forum ( a luxury) talking about how the world is evil because a baby got shot. H.itler was dumping baby corpses in ditches like aborted fetuses. This country has a history of dropping bombs on places without regard for babies and pregnant mothers.

This is as bad as people who all of are all of a sudden aware of gun violence in this country cause a someone shot up a school. Meanwhile kids are getting killed everyday in Chicago.

#end rant

How is this even a bone of contention? Average human life expectancy has virtually doubled in the past 100 years, diseases that used to decimate populations have been eradicated in most areas of the world due to modern medicine, infant mortality rates have decreased dramatically, violent crime has been on a consistent gradual decrease since colonial times, and we've taken many steps forward in terms of racial and gender equality.

Name me ONE period in time in which society was better off.

tha 90's :pimp:. -ideas, music, economy, martin. We peaked early. Just a bright spot in a downward spiral that is us (its been become easily visible since then and we only in yr13)....We ca put a lot of functions in cellphones but cant figure out how to really connect with and bring out the best in each other. We are selfish, by nature and by choice.
:rofl:

It really bothers me when people try their hardest to indirectly pinpoint the "end of days." I thought as a man you were supposed to leave that up to God.

But also, let me address this for the 44th time.

At ANY point in time, folks have made the "argument" that
A. The world is about to come to an end
B. The youth of "today" are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO horrible (as if kids you fine when you grew up).
C. I don't know what is wrong with the world today

There have always been bad things that happened in the world.
There have always been "signs" of the world coming to an end.

Stop it with the generationally biased statements.

But yea, the world we live in now is comfortable.

Your God sent a flood to kill innocent children and animals, he is worse than that mentally disturbed 15 year old.

Cereal? That's interesting. :nerd: What exactly is a "Satanist" though? I've seen shows on tv where people do it but, never really looked into it.

Can a creator not do what he wants with his own creation?

Back
Top Bottom