Goin to NY were do you locals eat

I'll be heading to NY for the first time this spring break. I just wanna see what spots to you local cats eat at. I'm looking forward to eat some goodfood. Thanks Y'all

Spanish:
La Nacional - 14th St. between 7th and 8th Ave. (great tapas, awesome sangria, weird policy, need to be "member" or something, signed up when I lastwent)
Tio Pepe - West 4th St. between 6th and 7th Ave. (good paella, get the guacamole)

Japanese:
Kinoko - 72nd St. between Amsterdam and Columbus ($23 all you can sushi, VERY good)
Ido - 7th Ave. between Bedford and Morton (Crunchy tuna rolls are great, they don't skimp on the fish)
Momofuku - 1st Ave. between 11th and 12th st. (Awesome ramen noodles)
Kenka's - St. Marks between 2nd and Cooper (A L.E.S. staple, cheap beer, decent food, fun atmosphere, there are other yakitori spots on that block though)

Burgers/American:
Paul's Burger Joint - 2nd Ave. between St. Marks and 7th St. (best burgers in Manhattan)
Katz Deli - Houston St. between Ludlow and Morton St. (best sandwiches)
Naturally Tasty - 5th Ave. and 27th St. (great sandwiches, healthy menu)

Italian:
Le Zie - 7th Ave. between 20th and 21st St. (great appetizers, decent wine)
Pizza Booth - Bleecker St. between Macdougal and Sullivan (thin and crispy, great sauce. venue is less than spectacular)
Abbondanza's - Bleecker St. between Sullivan and 6th Ave. (great food, decent prices)

Indian:
Baluchi's - 2nd Ave. between 6th and 7th St. (mini-chain restaurant, I go to this one the most. $10.95 for entree and appetizer)
Bombay Eats - 52nd St. between 8th and 9th Ave. (the food is just awesome)

Yeah, I eat out a lot. Tons of others I can name but this seems like enough haha.

And don't forget to get hot dogs at Gray's or Papaya Dog. There are tons of locations.

Halal cart on 53rd and 6th across from the hilton. go after 7pm, the line gets crazy. you can thank me later

Originally Posted by XxColdSunxX

Cafe Habana
17 Prince st....
I love that place...
Get the corn appetizer to start....
-Sun

pimp.gif

not a local but my favorite spots i have ate at in NY are Carmines (upper westside), hop kee (just south off canal on mott st. i think), 53rd & 6th, andgrey's papaya

Originally Posted by checkoutmygrill

Halal cart on 53rd and 6th across from the hilton. go after 7pm, the line gets crazy. you can thank me later

this guy knows what hes talking about
pimp.gif

Sake Bar Hagi on West 49th St.

Great spot to drink and have some food. Inexpensive and the wait can get crazy. place is open till 3am

at least once every 2 weeks, some once a week:

La Esquina - Downstairs
Waverly Inn
Momofuku (saam or noodle soon to be Ko)
Spotted Pig

Nothing cheap, all amazing.

Back
Top Bottom