Going to my first rave this weekend.. any stories/tips/things i should do?

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Why are you guys saying don't drink and roll? Maybe idk what yall mean by roll.
Im thinking by roll you guys mean
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
 THIZZ

vicks vaporub or cocoa butter, gum and ice. that is all.

be careful though. i done thought i was in love like 20 times. talk about impaired judgment

vicks vaporub or cocoa butter, gum and ice. that is all.

be careful though. i done thought i was in love like 20 times. talk about impaired judgment

Originally Posted by kobe82410

about to get my hands on some
roll.gif

just about to pick up one. and i have half from a different time.

suggestions on how to take it?
personally, i would take a whole during the beginning and then take halves throughout the night to pick my roll back up. but if this is your first time rolling, you could do 3 intervals of half each. 
drinking and rolling is definitely bad for you bc both dehydrate your body. but if you drink lots of water then your body should be fine. honestly, drinking and rolling is a different kind of getting effed up. just be careful. 

i posted this in the electro thread, but most importantly just vibe to the music. that's what a majority of people are there for. however, raves have gotten a bad stigma due to the drug abuse/overdoses (EDC 2010). a lot of people still go to them to enjoy the music. like i said in the electro thread, be aware of your surroundings. you dont know how tweaked out some of these people get at raves so who knows what they'll do. 

i've only been to 3 raves but i've been to a bunch of club events featuring dj's. i feel like raves are one thing an individual should experience in their life time. i've been to the last 2 EDC's and i can honestly say that they were one of the most fun experiences in my life, especially since i was with my closest friends. one of the most epic moments at a rave is when the dj builds up the music and finals drops the beat. last year at edc, i was in the stands during DeadMau5's set and when he dropped the beat, i saw an ocean of people on the main floor simultaneously pump their hands in the air. 

have fun and post your stories after!

roll.gif

personally, i would take a whole during the beginning and then take halves throughout the night to pick my roll back up. but if this is your first time rolling, you could do 3 intervals of half each. 
drinking and rolling is definitely bad for you bc both dehydrate your body. but if you drink lots of water then your body should be fine. honestly, drinking and rolling is a different kind of getting effed up. just be careful. 

i posted this in the electro thread, but most importantly just vibe to the music. that's what a majority of people are there for. however, raves have gotten a bad stigma due to the drug abuse/overdoses (EDC 2010). a lot of people still go to them to enjoy the music. like i said in the electro thread, be aware of your surroundings. you dont know how tweaked out some of these people get at raves so who knows what they'll do. 

i've only been to 3 raves but i've been to a bunch of club events featuring dj's. i feel like raves are one thing an individual should experience in their life time. i've been to the last 2 EDC's and i can honestly say that they were one of the most fun experiences in my life, especially since i was with my closest friends. one of the most epic moments at a rave is when the dj builds up the music and finals drops the beat. last year at edc, i was in the stands during DeadMau5's set and when he dropped the beat, i saw an ocean of people on the main floor simultaneously pump their hands in the air. 

have fun and post your stories after!

30t6p3b.gif
Rollin' isn't what it once was ...with all the low-grade chemicals put into it and people tryna shave buck with substitutions
you'll end up OD'ing on someones botched concoction.

Drugs are bad and really don't "heighten" the experience, you end up looking like a moron, alchol is a natural mood enhancer
so it's you're just right off of premium alcohol you'd have  a better time.

I'm a EDM Dj (for the love and extra cash) and been in nightlife mix since 17 (I'm 27)
My first adult gig was floating liaison for the 18+ crowd ( I got paid to chill, party and research) and was tight with the owners...after parties with celebs, millionaires etc.
 witnessed deaths from OD'ing been hospitalized from the cheap stuff myself, I've done everything ONCE in one form or another,
 alcohol hands down WINS and outlasts cheap drugs....TRUST ME

30t6p3b.gif
Rollin' isn't what it once was ...with all the low-grade chemicals put into it and people tryna shave buck with substitutions

Drugs are bad and really don't "heighten" the experience, you end up looking like a moron, alchol is a natural mood enhancer
so it's you're just right off of premium alcohol you'd have  a better time.

I'm a EDM Dj (for the love and extra cash) and been in nightlife mix since 17 (I'm 27)
My first adult gig was floating liaison for the 18+ crowd ( I got paid to chill, party and research) and was tight with the owners...after parties with celebs, millionaires etc.
 witnessed deaths from OD'ing been hospitalized from the cheap stuff myself, I've done everything ONCE in one form or another,
 alcohol hands down WINS and outlasts cheap drugs....TRUST ME

Man, I don't care what ya'll say
laugh.gif
I've been to raves both sober and rollin' and the difference is night and day. Yeah I had fun sober but I kept thinking how much more fun it would have been had I been on ecstasy.

Being front row during a Justice set, hugged up on some girl, getting a massage from some other random person, while rollin' hard = best Halloween night ever.
edit: ALSO, the reason I think it'd be a disservice to yourself to NOT do E while at a rave is because most people don't go to raves that often anyway. I go to two raves a year maybe. It's like Thanksgiving dinner without turkey
30t6p3b.gif

Man, I don't care what ya'll say
laugh.gif
I've been to raves both sober and rollin' and the difference is night and day. Yeah I had fun sober but I kept thinking how much more fun it would have been had I been on ecstasy.

Being front row during a Justice set, hugged up on some girl, getting a massage from some other random person, while rollin' hard = best Halloween night ever.
edit: ALSO, the reason I think it'd be a disservice to yourself to NOT do E while at a rave is because most people don't go to raves that often anyway. I go to two raves a year maybe. It's like Thanksgiving dinner without turkey
30t6p3b.gif

just to say,

this is gonna be my third time rollling.

just the first time rolling and going to a rave.

just to say,

this is gonna be my third time rollling.

just the first time rolling and going to a rave.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

30t6p3b.gif

The hell you talking about? You must not be from California. FDA has done tests on seized pills and it basically shows that they're bomb and clean. Now that we have pill-report, anyone with half a brain can check what they're taking.

They don't heighten your experience, give me a break. Rolling at a rave is one of the most pleasurable experience that a person can experience. Alcohol? I dislike you guys who drink at raves and ending up being aholes/ starting fights, etc.

roll.gif

If you take molly, you'll wanna to drink an energy drink to act as a catalyst. Make sure you trust who you're getting it from, cuz white powder looks like white powder. I would suggest taking it an hour or so before you're gonna go in, molly usually takes a white to kick. I would take the half when you're peaking from the first.

be safe, drink water, dance with plenty of hot chicks and take pics and post them here. remember that people will be extra friendly and likely willing to take pics.

Originally Posted by dro04yoo

Speaking of which, TAO is coming up soon..

You awready know.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

30t6p3b.gif

The hell you talking about? You must not be from California. FDA has done tests on seized pills and it basically shows that they're bomb and clean. Now that we have pill-report, anyone with half a brain can check what they're taking.

They don't heighten your experience, give me a break. Rolling at a rave is one of the most pleasurable experience that a person can experience. Alcohol? I dislike you guys who drink at raves and ending up being aholes/ starting fights, etc.

roll.gif

If you take molly, you'll wanna to drink an energy drink to act as a catalyst. Make sure you trust who you're getting it from, cuz white powder looks like white powder. I would suggest taking it an hour or so before you're gonna go in, molly usually takes a white to kick. I would take the half when you're peaking from the first.

be safe, drink water, dance with plenty of hot chicks and take pics and post them here. remember that people will be extra friendly and likely willing to take pics.

Originally Posted by dro04yoo

Speaking of which, TAO is coming up soon..

You awready know.

Question for the rave people: Would DEMF (Detroit Electronic Music Festival) be considered a rave? And if not, anyone know of any raves in Michigan? They sound mad interesting

Question for the rave people: Would DEMF (Detroit Electronic Music Festival) be considered a rave? And if not, anyone know of any raves in Michigan? They sound mad interesting

Back
Top Bottom