Going to Santa Barbara this Halloween Weekend

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

how does it work? do yall just walk into any party?

my lil sis has an apartment in Isle Vista

You can walk into whack little get togethers but the best parties (usually greek parties) you have to know someone to get in.

It was cool walking around IV when I was a freshman but it was just annoying after that. If you are with your sis she is probably going to know a couple spots.

i hope youre friend lives in IV (isla vista) because if not taxis are such a hassle.

DP (del playa) is the place to be where most of the people are and all the frat houses

All the corner houses on DP are smackin just walk right in

If you can find parties outside of DP they are a little bit more settled down

For breakfast, go to super cucas, im not sure if they are remodeling still or if they are open but there california burritos with french fries in them are amazing

One night you must go to freeb!rds and either get the best super nachos youve ever had or a quesorito (this is not on the menu but you can order it) its a burrito wrapped out of a qusodilla... the best thing to have after a drunk night

for the most part all the locals are pretty nice and friendly, expect to see a lot of people barefoot and drunk

have a good time man, there are seas of chicks flocking everywhere you go

Originally Posted by ev209

i hope youre friend lives in IV (isla vista) because if not taxis are such a hassle.

DP (del playa) is the place to be where most of the people are and all the frat houses

All the corner houses on DP are smackin just walk right in

If you can find parties outside of DP they are a little bit more settled down

For breakfast, go to super cucas, im not sure if they are remodeling still or if they are open but there california burritos with french fries in them are amazing

One night you must go to freeb!rds and either get the best super nachos youve ever had or a quesorito (this is not on the menu but you can order it) its a burrito wrapped out of a qusodilla... the best thing to have after a drunk night

for the most part all the locals are pretty nice and friendly, expect to see a lot of people barefoot and drunk

have a good time man, there are seas of chicks flocking everywhere you go
Thanks bruh, taking notes.

Take this from someone who spent the last 4 years at UCSB...

the party scene/ Halloween is NOTHING like it used to be around 07-08. Police have cracked down HARD. No loud music past 6 PM on Halloween, and they put in this new "Party Ordinance" or w/e so they can fine the @#@# out of party hosts who accidentally let in too many people/people under 21. Not many people are gonna let you into their spots unless you sneak in (guilty of doing this in the past
laugh.gif
) Last year I got fined $300+ cause my stupid @#$ room mate let in a group of people who claimed to know me, and as soon as I start kicking them out, cops show up
indifferent.gif
Unless you personally know people living in Isla Vista, it's not worth it. I'm going this year but only because some of my friends haven't graduated yet and still live there.

That being said, prepare to see THOUSANDS (no exaggeration) of 75% nude women in the streets
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

!*%! SB cops. They are #++%$%$@, and are QUICC to arrest you. Been arrested there a few times. Wacc.

I wasn't a huge fan of Freebrds, but Super Cucas Tortas + Rosarito's Carne Asada fries
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Besides smashing, NOTHING feels better after a long night out in IV

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

I wasn't a huge fan of Freebrds, but Super Cucas Tortas + Rosarito's Carne Asada fries
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif

You drivin down from the Bay?

Originally Posted by LA Lakers 8

!*%! SB cops. They are #++%$%$@, and are QUICC to arrest you. Been arrested there a few times. Wacc.

You have an open alcohol cup/container on you? They don't play around with that @#$% at all

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif

My friend is gonna pick me up on the way from Stockton

Halloween is crazy because all the girls are practically naked walking around but it's crowded as hell on DP and the cops do not play around.

Do not sit on the curb, do not have an open container of alcohol, and do not pee in public (even if you think no one will see the "clever" spot you found because the cops will..trust me) 

Oh and definitely get a quesaritto from Freebirds (Last year they only served burritos and nachos though because the line was way too long) after partying at night and then the next morning hit up Bagel Cafe when you're hung over. Thank me later.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif

My friend is gonna pick me up on the way from Stockton
weston ranch all day!
pimp.gif

My bad, I'm not from Stockton, my friend who's taking me to SB is 
laugh.gif
I didn't word it right. He's picking me up from the bay on his way down

Originally Posted by LA Lakers 8

In my experience they're hella racist too.
30t6p3b.gif

Im heading to Cali in Jan.. I know Santa Barbara is a city, but Del Playa - is that a club area? Do you need to know someone to get entrance to any places?

Kiwi checking in here and has no absolute idea how it goes up there lol

You have an open alcohol cup/container on you? They don't play around with that @#$% at all

Yea, the first time I got arrested out there, I had an open container. I learned my lesson after that. All the other times were for public intoxication. I wasn't even doing anything wrong. I was walking down the street with my boys hollering at females, and they gon' arrest me. %+$% 'em SB cops man.

Me and my boys have been caught hotboxing my whip in LA, Santa Monica to be exact. I open the window cuz the cop has that bright +#* light on us, I open the window and smoke is just billowing out, he asks us what we were doing, I tell him we were just kickin' it smoking weed. His reply: "Okay, just be careful." Salute officer. LA cops are much more laid bacc in my experiences.

In my experience they're hella racist too.
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Again, %+$% 'em.

I3 wrote:
Im heading to Cali in Jan.. I know Santa Barbara is a city, but Del Playa - is that a club area? Do you need to know someone to get entrance to any places? 

Most of the UCSB students who live off campus live in a small town called Isla Vista. Del Playa is one of/the main street that runs through Isla Vista. 

You know any other New Zealanders living in SB right now by any chance?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by I3

Del Playa is a street, that lies right next to the beach and where the main walkway will be during halloween. They have huge generator lights and some gated intersections where cops/horses/emt and all that other good stuff will be. For out of towners, this is the place most people are going to be at

Originally Posted by I3

Del Playa is a street in Isla Vista, which is the small area where all the college students live and party (and also home to the most expensive slum condition apartments on earth
laugh.gif
)

In the past it was easy to find house parties that you could hop into. Nowadays with the police crackdown and new laws there really aren't that many. There still are a few open parties every weekend but they get shut down by cops at midnight. What I would suggest (if you're 21+) is to come on Thursday and take Bill's Bus (basically a party bus/shuttle which costs $10 for a round trip) to downtown Santa Barbara. All the clubs/bars are free on Thursdays and pretty much every 21+ college student is gonna be there
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I3

Del Playa is a street in Isla Vista, which is the small area where all the college students live and party (and also home to the most expensive slum condition apartments on earth
laugh.gif
)

In the past it was easy to find house parties that you could hop into. Nowadays with the police crackdown and new laws there really aren't that many. There still are a few open parties every weekend but they get shut down by cops at midnight. What I would suggest (if you're 21+) is to come on Thursday and take Bill's Bus (basically a party bus/shuttle which costs $10 for a round trip) to downtown Santa Barbara. All the clubs/bars are free on Thursdays and pretty much every 21+ college student is gonna be there
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Was just on this in September, pretty cool but I have no idea how it is legal.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by I3

laugh.gif
)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Was just on this in September, pretty cool but I have no idea how it is legal.
laugh.gif
They stuff way too many heads into one bus. If that @#$% gets in an accident, it's a wrap
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
on your way downtown it's cool cause youre drunk but the trip back is uncomfortable with all those smelly/grimy people all over you in the bus

Went to SB for Halloween in 08 and 09 and it was dope and all but unless you know a spot you can kick it at, it can get kinda wack walking around. Not to mention there are a grip of cops on just about every block just waiting to bust some kids for any reason. The streets are a zoo, it was dope the 1st year even though we had nowhere to go, but the following year we went we planned it out a little better and had a few different spots to go to figured out beforehand.

Definitely something I recommend experiencing once, but to be honest I've had a lot more fun there on a random weekend rather than on Halloween night. #%$% gets hectic.. taxis, sleeping situations, cops, the amount of people, etc.

Dont get me wrong though you'll definitely have fun. Just make sure you aren't being dumb or drinking around the Po's cause they are not tryna have it on that night.

Honestly you've missed I.V. at its prime, when less copped were around and cut off wasnt midnight.

Dont carry any sort of weapon type item that is part of your costume you will lose it fast from the cops
Unless you have a spot to go the Parties are pretty strict about who they let in, some have charged, very few last time I went were simple walk ins
you walk up two blocks and you have everything open for food.
Enjoy til 12 after that cops lock it down
If youre 21+ go downtown its better imo
TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES
my brother use to call I.V. "Disney Land, the most magical place on earth"

Originally Posted by DjMystery2003

Honestly you've missed I.V. at its prime, when less copped were around and cut off wasnt midnight.

Dont carry any sort of weapon type item that is part of your costume you will lose it fast from the cops
Unless you have a spot to go the Parties are pretty strict about who they let in, some have charged, very few last time I went were simple walk ins
you walk up two blocks and you have everything open for food.
Enjoy til 12 after that cops lock it down
If youre 21+ go downtown its better imo
TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES
my brother use to call I.V. "Disney Land, the most magical place on earth"
I miss the old IV
frown.gif

My freshman and sophomore year at UCSB were
pimp.gif
literally every other house in IV would be having a party. Nowadays its about 3 houses on DP which cops are constantly monitoring
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I3 wrote:

Originally Posted by I3

Del Playa is a street, that lies right next to the beach and where the main walkway will be during halloween. They have huge generator lights and some gated intersections where cops/horses/emt and all that other good stuff will be. For out of towners, this is the place most people are going to be at

Originally Posted by I3

laugh.gif
)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

NT fam
pimp.gif

Will definitely check out Isla Vista - will be cool to party with the Americans haha.  Unfortunately I don't know any Kiwi's up in SB.. I figured i'd just taxi out there on a Thursday with my mates and just have a bit of wonder of the area lol

Back
Top Bottom