Golden State Warriors offically on the Market (6th richest man in the WORLD top canidate)

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

now you can change your sig

ouch
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

word

bandwagon %%% fool

I just can't see what area they'd make it work in SF...SoMa, Mission Bay, whatever, I just don't see it happening.

If this had been done at the same TIME as Pac Bell was, then it would have probably taken the place of some lofts/condos in between 2nd and 4tt.

It'd also have to be all private money, which is hard pull together for a stadium because any public-use funds would be immediately shot down...especially in SF.

Whatever, make the sale happen...they can play wherever as long as it's under a new owner.

[h3]Warriors for sale: What we know[/h3]
By Marc Stein

The publicity-shy owner of the Golden State Warriors has never publiclyacknowledged what was widely presumed around the league: Chris Cohan’steam is for sale.

Until now.

Right around noon Monday, Cohan’s team issued an unexpected newsrelease announcing that the Warriors have retained Galatioto SportsPartners to formally conduct the sale of the long-suffering franchise.

Which naturally lobs Larry Ellison right into the conversation.

Ellison is the Oracle chairman who (A) ranks as one of the world’s10 richest men, (B) owns the fancy tennis tournament in the Californiadesert that just wrapped up Sunday and (C) has been linked with thepossible purchase of the Warriors for months.

Ellison actually confirmed his interest in the Warriors in January,but noted at the time that “unfortunately you can’t have a hostiletakeover of a basketball team.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Originally Posted by daprescription

Oracle isn't that bad, but who wouldn't want a team in downtown SF?  SF or Oakland...
SF residents. It would be a logistical nightmare.

Stay in Oakland, it's more easily accessible.

heck no!

a reason why players dont want to play with the warriors is because oakland is the type of place where some players came from, no way they want to go back there

move the team to San Jose
pimp.gif
sick.gif

I'd love it if they moved to San Jose
pimp.gif
, makes the commute half the time to go to games.

But either way this is great news
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

Jerry West is top candidate to run franchise?

i hope not. you know damn well he's gonna hook up the lakers
smh.gif
laugh.gif
yep, he's too loyal to Lakers

I don't know why they just reassign  Mitch Kupchak and bring back Jerry West.

Christmas came early for Warriors fans.  Chris Cohan is/was not a good owner.  They should move the Warriors to San Francisco or San Jose/San Mateo.

smh.gif
laugh.gif

before he goes to the warriors...he needs to take danny ferrys job and get Lebron in a Laker uni then quit and take the warriors front office job and get curry in Laker purple

prod
prod

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

wishful thinking
ohwell.gif

my prayers have been answered!! now all we gotta do is get rid of Nellie and we're good to go!

I really hope they don't move the team- maybe just update Oracle or something....

also, rename that team to 'oakland' warriors or something. Screw the 'golden state' crap- California has three other basketball teams dammit!!

Oracle has been updated...twice if you call the stupid Club 200 a renovation, but when they played in SJ during the 90's it was for a complete overhaul.

The name is fine. Golden State works, no sense in changing that.

Nellie would be gone with any new owner, if you buy into what TK is saying...which would make sense.

Originally Posted by Steve212

smh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know why they just reassign  Mitch Kupchak and bring back Jerry West.

Christmas came early for Warriors fans.  Chris Cohan is/was not a good owner.  They should move the Warriors to San Francisco or San Jose/San Mateo.

San Mateo?! We got space for a stadium here??
laugh.gif
We can barely fit the restaurants downtown.

Why move the Warriors anywhere, we got the most loyal fans right here in the East Bay. Fans cheering when we down 40, nothing to play for and seats are still filled.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Originally Posted by daprescription

Oracle isn't that bad, but who wouldn't want a team in downtown SF?  SF or Oakland...
SF residents. It would be a logistical nightmare.

Stay in Oakland, it's more easily accessible.

heck no!

a reason why players dont want to play with the warriors is because oakland is the type of place where some players came from, no way they want to go back there

move the team to San Jose
pimp.gif
sick.gif

whats wrong with san jose? not enough gun shots flying around like oakland?

Jerry West? hell #@%$++* yeah!!!!!!!1 FINALLY someone who will do justice with this franchise.... andthose of you saying hes gonna hook the lakers up quit bull *+$$ .... he wasnt part of that gasol trade...

Great news for Bay Area basketball!

But this Larry Ellison guy considered purchasing the Sacramento Kings and moving them to San Jose before... San Jose/Santa Clara Warriors? Haha.

smh.gif
laugh.gif

I hope he's better than that. And that's coming from an Oakland Laker fan.

I'd like to see him turn them competitive again.

keep warriors in oakland or to SF..move kings to san jose (HP pavilion) (lol at sacramento, almost as bad as ohio)

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

smh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
 thats the first thing i thought when i read that

steph curry and randolph for sasha vujacic and powell
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
i mean the warriors already get all the lakers' rejects, why should we expect anything else??

Back
Top Bottom