Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by The Swoosh

Lou Holtz is completely bat *%%# crazy 
laugh.gif
Picking South Carolina to win this weekend.
It's really not that far fetched, though.

I forgot to mention him laughing uncontrollably from winning the plastic crown for beating May in the season pick-em, like he just won another championship or something. The whole sequence was too funny for me to not laugh.

And I see no way that SC is winning tomorrow, as awesome as it would be.

Even Josh Groban is taking shots @ Rich.

Would you shut up? Go watch first & 10 or sportsnation if you want discussion about this. No one on this board cares.

I wouldn't pick SC to win tomorrow, but saying that there's no way that it's possible? Nahhhh...

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

^ That's what I've heard.

And Oregon State is going to be wearing these:
4c7ebd0fd95fc.image.jpg

the only good thing about these are the flat black helmets, other than that I am not feeling them.  Maybe it will look different when the players are wearing them though.  Any of you going to the game/gameday tomorrow?  I am undecided since I sold my tix, might just go down and tailgate and party.
The problem with these is that they're retro and not a more modern look. Of course they're honoring the 1967 "Giant Killers" that beat #1 USC, #2 Purdue, and tied #2 UCLA during the season. I'm not really big on retro looks. Kind of a lame uniform in the Pro Combat series, with no offense to Beaver fans. I like your all black look, kind of disappointed that wasn't used.

Oh well.
The only reason this kit works is because of the symbolism behind it and the odds stacked against the Beavers on Saturday. The pro combat jerseys are a tight fit by nature, and using them to "retro" a uni that was extremely big when it was won, is kind of dumb. The reason the stripes are on the undershirt is because the original jersey's sleeves were pretty long. I also agree, and think the stripes should have just been put on the jersey's sleeves.

Regardless, I just am very interested to see which Beavers team shows up and how this game goes. I'll be leaving Portland shortly for Corvallis and be ready for gameday. The signs should be pretty good tomorrow.

155065_697650630640_25915864_39509444_8115399_n.jpg

76698_697647132650_25915864_39509411_5570347_n.jpg

154648_730899240098_19716367_40247791_2427160_n.jpg

Originally Posted by Noskey

Lou Holtz is completely bat #%*$ crazy 
laugh.gif
Picking South Carolina to win this weekend.

(If that happens, I'll take back every bad thing I said about Lou and his senile @@#).

Mark May and Lou Holtz are clearly scripted to pick against each other and argue separate points of view.

USC was Steve Spurrier being Steve Spurrier away from beating Auburn.

2010 Auburn Tigers = 2002 Ohio State Buckeyes

Alshon Jeffery for 25 catches and 400 yards. Prolly 6 TD's. He's already torched Auburn once. SC wins. He will then pull a Maurice Clarett/Mike Williams and try to declare early. This will fail and he will be a wreck for years. That is until Steve Spurrier takes the Panthers coaching job and gives him a tryout. He will then beast.

Bet on it.

02 Buckeyes won with a ball control offense, sound running game, and was uber fortunate in a handful of games. Even though both their secondaries didn't strike fear, their front 4's are/were excellent against the run.

Even though I may be looking ahead, Auburn would be playing a offense in Oregon that scores often, early, and fast. Remind you of any team earlier this decade?

And it would be the same bowl game no less.

Just sayin......

Statis, you're underrating that tOSU defensive backfield.  They had Mike Doss (who was an absolute stud in college) & Chris Gamble (ditto) in that secondary.

Illinois bout to get JOBBED off that spot. he didnt even get close to the 1st down

O NOOOOOOOOOOOOO dude leg is @%#!++ up 
frown.gif

Well, I will be heading down to the Civil War tomorrow. Feeling ultra pumped up after hearing the Macho Man Randy Savage call into a local radio station all day predicting a Beaver victory. Beavs need to play lights out, this would be a dream to knock off the Ducks.

Well on my way out to check out Gameday.  Should be a good day for football, hoping for a Auburn and Beaver win.  Heard a joke that I thought was funny for the civil war and Duck fans will like it since it kind of jokes on the Beavers.

What do you call a guy cruising through Corvallis on a Friday night with a pick up full of sheep??

Spoiler [+]
A pimp
roll.gif

Ive seen what you said Gunna but on the Michigan sites they are saying if Auburn wins then it'll be Mich/ Tenn in the Gator Bowl. I haven't seen a whole lot of Tenn football this year but I kind of want that. Even if we do end up playing Florida I think the gator bowl is the best chance at a win for us.

Non-AQ fans better hope that TCU doesn't get to the national championship. That may sound weird, but if TCU makes it to the NC, then the BCS is going to gain more ground and push the idea of a playoff further away. College football needs teams to get jobbed and if nobody gets jobbed, then they have all the reason in the world to continue their current system.

It's funny to me that people think if a non-AQ like Boise or TCU gets jobbed it'll make college football have to change its system. If an undefeated SEC champion like Auburn can get left out of the NC and it didn't force a change what makes you think they care about some non-AQs like Boise and TCU?

I'm not saying it will change the system. I just think it will give them more reason to fight the system.

However, I think that Auburn getting left out of the BCS in 2004 has changed the BCS. SEC teams are now given preference, even with one loss (and with LSU 2007, two losses). Six years ago, Auburn got ripped, yes, but because of that, I think the SEC gained some ground on the BCS over other conferences, some of that being justified (specifically when speaking about the ACC and Big East).

Back
Top Bottom