Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by CP1708

If you pick a pass off and have a clear lane to the house.......uhhhh what are the rules for that one again? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If you pick a pass off and return it for a TD why would you run all the way through the endzone into the wall?

laugh.gif
 @#$% my bad, I misread what it was saying.  I was thinking they were deading that end zone completely. 

UGA/Boise in Atlanta for the 2011 opener will be announced at a 5PM conference call...

Richt better not lose that one...

Originally Posted by DLo13

UGA/Boise in Atlanta for the 2011 opener will be announced at a 5PM conference call...

Richt better not lose that one...

Lets get it! All summer to talk about this one. Not gonna start off with high expectations we are gonna lose some serious play-makers. We will really find out how our player development is.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
@ the Big East not needing TCU..
Co-sign

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

the big east NEEDS tcu

Yup, TCU needs Big East just as bad as Big East needs TCU

Originally Posted by Statis22

But the Big East isn't a football conference so there within lies TCU's problem.
Exactly. They are trying to add TCU to bring some credibility to the football part of the conference.

If I were TCU id see where the future of the conference lies before id join. Football only, no thanks.
And what if the Big East does lose its AQ status (which is highly unlikely) what is the worst case scenario for TCU? They will just be back to where they are now, on the outside looking in.  Might as well join and rake in the monetary benefits for at least a season or two.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

TCU needs to jump wherever they have a chance now. They arent getting a B12 invite. Nor an SEC one. And they won't get dragged along to the Pac10...
Yup. There arent really another other options. MWC is not going to become an AQ, and those other conferences arent asking TCU to join.

Only sport TCU would struggle in is mens basketball. Our mens team sucks, but I think it could improve in Big East. Our women arent bad though, and our baseball team is legit. Also, TCU wont go to the Big East if its for football only. All sports have to be invited. We arent like BYU where we @#%# all over our other athletic programs.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

From a football only standpoint, the Big East needs TCU. But the Big East isn't a football conference so there within lies TCU's problem.
If they are going to stick with that MO then they need to drop their AQ status.  Which of course they wont because they will lose a ton of guaranteed money.  The Big East doesn't have a consistent top team, and the league has been mediocre for a couple of years now.

The Big East needs TCU more than TCU needs the Big East at this point.
If I were TCU id see where the future of the conference lies before id join. Football only, no thanks.
I don't see the Big East keeping it's AQ status if it doesn't add TCU.

Why are you so opposed to TCU joining on a football only basis?  It's obvious their other teams can't compete in the Big East, TCU will dominate the Big East in football.  They will automatically have the highest operating budget in the Big East.

The Big East doesn't need teams in other sports, however, it is hurting on the gridiron. 

Football only is the best for both parties.

TCU should get an out clause in case of future conference expansion.

highest budget in football? more than Rutgers...?

The Big East will NEVER lose its automatic qualifier. Although its in a region that doesn't care about football (Northeast) the BCS would be absolutely stupid to do that.

You guys really think that TCU will remain dominant in football?
laugh.gif
Okay. Let's have this conversation five years from now. I'm not saying they'll turn into bums but you think they can do 10+ win seasons year after year? Okay. What credibility does the football part of the conference need? They are currently in a rough patch. No one was breathing down the Big East's neck prior to 2009. We've had some success at the BCS level, going 6-6 in BCS games whereas the ACC has gone 2-10. How come the media (which I could give a damn about) doesn't come down this hard on the ACC, a basketball first conference?

The Big East which is and will ALWAYS be a BASKETBALL conference needs to create a separate league for just its basketball members. Its already too bloated at 16 and with TCU possibly coming in, it'll be 17. Frankly, I don't give a damn about college football. Basketball (rivalries, conference alignment, matchups) is going to get killed because of football money. Also what about the geography? Syracuse to Tampa ain't that bad but what the hell does Jamaica, Queens to Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas look like?

As much as you say that TCU would run the conference if they joined the Big East, we're going to see. Just because the media gives us a bad rep, doesn't mean that we are all bums.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

They would edge out Rutgers by a little over $1MM.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Big East
15. Rutgers (16) $19.49

Mountain West
12. TCU (30) $20.60

Source: U.S. Department of Education's Equity in Athletics report for the 2009-10 school year.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by Nako XL

They would edge out Rutgers by a little over $1MM.

Big East
15. Rutgers (16) $19.49

Mountain West
12. TCU (30) $20.60

Source: U.S. Department of Education's Equity in Athletics report for the 2009-10 school year.

TCU = private institution with tons of boosters. Can spend millions without any backlash from those who pay tuition. Rutgers doesn't have that luxury. You should have seen what they went through when they fired professors, etc. to expand their football program.

No Kellen Moore, and no AJ Green...
30t6p3b.gif
played this game one yr too late
Kellen Moore will still be there won't he?
Is he going to enter the draft?

You guys really think that TCU will remain dominant in football?
laugh.gif
Okay. Let's have this conversation five years from now. I'm not saying they'll turn into bums but you think they can do 10+ win seasons year after year? Okay.
I dont see why they wouldnt. They wouldnt win 10 games every season, but I would expect them to win or be in the mix for the conference title most seasons. Only room for TCU to improve. Upgraded stadium, new locker-room, new weight room, etc... on the way. Im sure I am thinking a little too highly of my school,but I also think you are thinking a little too highly of the Big East as a football conference. Which team in your conference would beat TCU this year? Pittsburgh?
laugh.gif

What credibility does the football part of the conference need?

Big East is constantly talked about as the weakest BCS conference.

As much as you say that TCU would run the conference if they joined the Big East, we're going to see. Just because the media gives us a bad rep, doesn't mean that we are all bums.
I really hope we get the opportunity to see. From everything I have heard an all sports deal is done. I could be completely wrong though.

I never thought highly of the Big East as a football conference. Hell I've mentioned it time and time again that this year we needed West Virginia to run the table because of Pitt losing so early so that we aren't the laughing stock of CFB but when Syracuse beat them that was a wrap. What's happening now is that everyone is beating up on each other. Cincy is transitioning albeit very poorly with their new coach. USF took a minute before they got everything togeter. L'Ville has greatly improved under Coach Strong and Syracuse who was picked 7th is the conference's Cinderella. I'm just tired of reading here daily that every team in the MWC would run the table on the Big East when that's clearly not the case. Whichever Big East teams that qualify for bowls need to go undefeated so that we are "legit". Can't penalize us for having 8 teams. They clearly haven't gotten over the defection and the Catholic schools within the Big East can't afford to run a football program at a high level, don't want to join (Notre Dame; get over it this isn't 1910) or run a program period (DePaul, Marquette).

Like I said, I'm a basketball guy. If college football ceased to exist tomorrow morning I wouldn't care at all. The Big East does not benefit from this only TCU does. I'd take being the weakest BCS conference (ACC isn't too far behind) than being a non AQ any day of the week.

Football money is killing college sports. I'm just ready for these rumored superconferences to pop up and kill everything.

to me, it seems any additions the Big East makes is just so they don't suffer any deflections.

Without TCU it's a crap football conference.

With TCU, it's a slightly less crappy football conference.

QB Marquise Williams on the verge of switching commitments from UNC to VT soon...
nerd.gif

Sorry Juicy
laugh.gif

That info is pretty firm as of right now.

Not really CFB related, but I just read that Colt Brennan is in serious condition following a car accident....hit another car head on.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Spoiler [+]
Mavericks QB is 'firm' for UNC

By Langston Wertz Jr.
lwertz@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Tuesday, Nov. 16, 2010

Mallard Creek's Marquise Williams has thrown for 2,898 yards and 44 touchdowns. He has committed to North Carolina. JEFF WILLHELM - jwillhelm@charlotteobserver.com

Buy Photo | Store
MORE INFORMATION
Sweet 16

Mallard Creek quarterback Marquise Williams took a visit to N.C. State on Saturday but said he remains committed to North Carolina.

Williams, a 6-foot-4, 220-pound senior, has thrown for 2,898 yards and 44 touchdowns. He has rushed for 1,058 yards and 17 scores for nationally ranked Mallard Creek (12-0).

"My commitment is still firm," he said. "I just went to N.C. State to see how it was. I'm just weighing things out. I'm not really having second thoughts."

Williams said he is closely monitoring the NCAA investigation into the Tar Heels football program but still plans to graduate in December and enroll in Chapel Hill in January.

He said he has also recently visited Virginia Tech, Michigan and Maryland.

"I'm still high on UNC," he said. "I'm committed to them."

Mallard Creek will host Ardrey Kell (8-4) on Friday in a second-round playoff. While teams such as Butler and Richmond Senior have played each other and some top-notch competition, the Mavericks' schedule hasn't included many heavyweights.

Williams said Mallard Creek fans needn't worry.

"Everybody talks about our schedule," he said. "We don't control what goes on with that. Our coach ( Mike Palmieiri) has been trying to schedule other teams but hasn't gotten answers from anybody. We play who's on our schedule.

"It doesn't worry us. We have been tested before. We will be ready. Chester was a good football team and they are a powerhouse in South Carolina, and they could compete with some of the teams up here. Like I said, we are ready. We are just coming to play."

Tennis

Julia Farrell of Mooresville is the I-MECK Player of the Year and Mooresville's Tim Smith is coach of the year. The all-conference team:

Briana Bodner, Morgan Marin and Courtney Wakeman (Hough); Alisha Burton (Vance); Constance Crisp and Morgan Vlaich (Lake Norman); Julia Farrell, Kelly Henley and Maggie Siebert (Mooresville); Ledford and Gabby Lindsay (Mallard Creek); Jamie Michael (North Mecklenburg)

Read more: http://www.charlotteobser...r-unc.html#ixzz15mC7gxl1

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Not really CFB related, but I just read that Colt Brennan is in serious condition following a car accident....hit another car head on.

ohwell.gif
I hope he's gonna be alright. Dude was fun to watch down in Hawaii.

for future reference, Mike Farrell is THE WORST.

when he's right its pure happenstance.
laugh.gif

That's what I'm hearing, good thing he wasn't the OG source
laugh.gif

I m just giving you fair warning, If you see it or hear it from Farrell on weekly whispers its going to be false. He is as bad as it gets. if he is the lone source, Look out

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

LETS GO!!! Orange on Orange w/ Blue hats
Hard to watch bright orange on orange on a neon blue field. Yall really need to do something about that.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Anyone think Fresno can pull off the upset?

I dont
tired.gif
No, only team on their schedule that could potentially keep it close is Nevada because of their offense. I dont think Fresno is going to have very much success on offense.

Back
Top Bottom